Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Lambert Joining Ghost Rider Sequel?

by SuperHeroHype

Oct 12th, 2010

There can be only one!

Christopher Lambert ("Highlander" movies) revealed on the official "Highlander" Facebook page that he is in talks to play a character in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. He did not reveal what role he would play.

If the deal goes through, he would be joining Nicolas Cage, Ciaran Hinds, Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth in the February 17, 2012 Sony Pictures release.

Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Gamer, Crank) are currently in pre-production for the film.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost Rider Sequel Budget Trimmed?

by SuperHeroHype

Oct 27th, 2010

Spirit of Vengeance receives the green light

TheWrap is reporting that Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance has received the green light though at a budget lower than was initially thought:

The first film in 2007 set up Cage as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze, who gives up his soul to be come a vigilante. That film had an estimated budget of $110 million, and grossed $115 million domestically, and a total of $229 million worldwide.

The budget has been cut from $135 million to a leaner $75 million, according to a knowledgeable insider.

(Even Nic Cage had to take a serious haircut to reprise Johnny Blaze, down from his $12 million fee to what one knowledgeable insider said was $7 million. CAA was presumably not very happy.)

Written and directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, the sequel stars Nicolas Cage, Ciaran Hinds, Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth. It is scheduled for a February 17, 2012 release.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Starts Principal Photography

by SuperHeroHype

Nov 2nd, 2010

Filming starts on the Transfagarasan highway

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance writer/directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor announced via Twitter that filming started on Monday for the February 17, 2012 release:

principal photography on ghost rider SOV begins today!!!

idris elba, helicopters, motorcycles, russian arm and the the Transfagarasanul.... HOLY SH*T

In related news, The Associated Press reported more on the filming at Romania's Transfagarasan highway, which is more than 6,560 feet tall at its highest point. The winding highway will be used for motorcycle stunt scenes in the movie, with an actor doubling for Nicolas Cage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Set Video

by SuperHeroHype

Nov 10th, 2010

Cage, Neveldine and Taylor on the Romania set

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is currently filming in Romania and Ora de Sibiu has posted this video of Nicolas Cage on the set with writer/directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.

Neveldine and Taylor also posted the following intesting tweet today:

"Nicolas just almost physically transformed into a werewolf in mid-take..... We are tripping balls."

In the sequel, opening February 17, 2012, Johnny Blaze (aka Ghost Rider - Cage) is hiding out in remote Eastern Europe and struggling to repress his curse. Blaze is recruited by a sect to take on the devil (Ciaran Hinds), who wants to take over his mortal son's body on the kid's birthday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Ghost Rider 2 Images From the Set

by SuperHeroHype

Nov 27th, 2010

With our fIrst look at The Devil's son!

More spy pics have leaked from the Neveldine/Taylor production of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, which has Nicolas Cage reprising the role of Johnny Blaze (and this time playing the Ghost Rider as well!), this time showing up on the Romanian site Libertatea. Two of the better photos are below with Cage posing for the camera, and in the bottom photo, we get to see our first look at the young actor playing Danny Ketch, son of Ciaran Hinds' The Devil, in the movie. You can see more photos over on their site.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Huh. I really didn't figure ol' Ghosty would get a sequel.

The first one had its moments, but . . . :|

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Nicolas Cage on Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

by SuperHeroHype

Jan 7th, 2011

Will feature a new origin sequence for Johnny Blaze

While promoting this week's release of Season of the Witch, Nicolas Cage spoke with UKPA and offered a few updates on the upcoming Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Cage told the outlet that the sequel would depart from the 2007 original in several major ways, including offering a brand-new origin sequence reinvisioned by the directing pair of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. What's more, Cage promises some "wild" filming techniques.

"The director's on rollerblades," he said, "and hanging from wires with the camera, holding on to the motorcycle..."

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is planned for release on February 17, 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Images From the Ghost Rider Set

by SuperHeroHype

Jan 25th, 2011

Spirit of Vengeance shots from this week's Cappadocia shoot

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance has been shooting this week in Cappadocia, Turkey and Marvel Movies! has been collecting images from the production. Some of the brand new shots are featured below, showcasing the rocky sets, a white-masked motorcycle driver (possibly a stunt driver who will be replaced with CGI), a charred motorcycle and some sort of group of robed figures.

The film, a sequel to the 2007 Ghost Rider, is being directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor and will see Johnny Blaze (Cage) recruited by a sect to take on the devil (Ciaran Hinds), who wants to take over his mortal son's body on the kid's birthday.

Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

An Alternate Synopsis for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Source: Shock Till You Drop

February 1, 2011

This is what we know about Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, the Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor-directed sequel based on the Marvel Comics character.

The film sees Johnny Blaze, aka Ghost Rider (Nicolas Cage), hiding out in remote Eastern Europe and struggling to repress his curse. Blaze is recruited by a sect to take on the devil (Ciaran Hinds), who wants to take over his mortal son's body on the kid's birthday.

Today, we've score a look at another official synopsis that's being bandied about by the film's sale's agent Hyde Park International.

It's been several years since making a deal with the Devil and Johnny Blaze (Nic Cage), living in self-imposed isolation, finds himself as the only person who can help save 10-year old Danny – and ultimately the world – thanks to his unwanted and uncontrollable power – his ability to transform into the hell-on-wheels monster known as The Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance opens on February 17, 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Nicolas Cage Will Play Dual Roles In Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

by SuperHeroHype

Feb 24th, 2011

Cage will plays the demon and Johnny Blaze simultaneously

While promoting his new film, Drive Angry, Nicolas Cage dropped an interesting plot detail about the currently-in-production Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. The actor told Fearnet that the film offers him the chance to play the Ghost Rider demon separate from Johnny Blaze.

"There's an exorcism scene I just did where Johnny Blaze is being exorcized," says Cage, "And then I also play Ghost Rider, who's the spirit of Zarathos, who's a corrupted angel. So it's like completely different entities. The movie is not like anything I've done before."

The sequel, which is now in production, is being shot in 3D for a February 17, 2012 release. In addition to cage, it stars Ciaran Hinds, Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth and featured the writing and directing team of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Iloura to Create Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Effects

by SuperHeroHype

Feb 27th, 2011

Australian company is on board

Illoura has announced that it will create special effects for Sony's Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance:

In another win for Australia’s talented VFX industry, Iloura today announced it had been appointed as one of the VFX studios on Ghost RiderTM: Spirit of Vengeance.

Iloura’s executive producer, Simon Rosenthal, said that this project would see the studio’s continued growth in capacity as more artists join the studio to complete the 500 plus shots on the film and well as continue work on The Killer Elite and other projects.

"Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance presents us with another tremendous opportunity to work on a complex, Hollywood CG project. Being appointed as one of the studios is an acknowledgement of Iloura’s growing reputation in delivering high quality visual effects,” says Rosenthal.

This project comes on the back of Iloura’s Emmy Nominated work on HBO’s The Pacific and recent feature film projects Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark with Guillermo Del Toro as well as 3D feature film Sanctum which was executive produced by James Cameron.

Nicolas Cage returns as Johnny Blaze in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider, Johnny – still struggling with his curse as the devil’s bounty hunter – is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe when he is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the devil (Ciara?n Hinds). At first, Johnny is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy – and possibly rid himself of his curse forever. Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor direct from a screenplay by Scott M. Gimple & Seth Hoffman and Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor, and a story by David S. Goyer, based on the Marvel Comic. Steven Paul, Ashok Amritraj, Michael De Luca, Avi Arad and Ari Arad are the producers. The executive producers are E. Bennett Walsh, David S. Goyer, Stan Lee, Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei, Edward Borgerding, and Mark Steven Johnson. The film will be distributed by Columbia Pictures and Hyde Park Entertainment.

You can check out the company's website for more on their previous work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Johnny Whitworth on Playing Blackout in Ghost Rider 2

Source: ShockTillYouDrop

March 24, 2011

Johnny Whitworth is no stranger to the Neveldine/Taylor team - the guys who gave us Crank. The actor starred in Pathology which Mark (Neveldine) and Brian (Taylor) produced, and he appeared in Gamer. Next up, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Shock Till You Drop's Scott Huver caught up to the actor to chat a bit about his villainous role in the upcoming sequel.

Question: After 'Limitless' what are we going to see you in? What's coming up?

Johnny Whitworth: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I just wrapped that four days ago. In Romania. In Turkey.

Question: I got asked to go there but I couldn't go.

Whitworth: Oh, man. And I was totally in this character blackout makeup and I didn't get to go to that. I had to bow out. I was like, 'I'm not going to do interviews as this guy.' But man that would've been cool if you would have been there. So you know the movie?

Question: Yeah, so tell me a little bit about what was cool about that experience for you?

Whitworth: Oh, Nic Cage, Nic Cage and Nic Cage because Nic Cage is awesome. I got to be a comic book character. I mean that's part of the partial reason why I got into- not to be a comic, but the things that inspired me as a youngster, the things and the things that I was into, one being comics and of that nature and pretend and that's the ultimate way. Because he's bad and I get to be even extra bad. So I'm human and then I turn into Blackout and then he's bad and then he's just horrible.

Question: Did you read the 'Ghost Rider' comic books? I guess the '90s were one of the hey days and then like back in the '70s, too.

Whitworth: Right. You know to be honest with you, I didn't really. My little brother did and that's where I got my influence before I knew him. My little brother was into 'Ghost Rider'. I was 'Batman'. Not to switch-

Question: Superheroes on me?

Whitworth: Yeah, well, superheroes is okay. But there's a different brand. There's Marvel and there's DC. And I just jumped into a different universe. So that might have been bad. Next time I'll prepare not to do that.

Question: I just talked to Nic for 'Drive Angry' last week. And it's very interesting to hear his acting process and why he chooses his roles. Did you get a chance to study him at work and see where he looks to make interesting decisions in his performance and find those quirky little moments to really elevate?

Whitworth: Let me think about that. You know, Nic is kind of such an interesting character as himself. And not that he plays himself, but that as a springboard lends itself to interesting choices. So I don't know if he looks for things or just more for- he looks for the experience of doing things, you know. And I would tend to believe he looks for the experience.

Question: What was the coolest thing you got to do in character for the film?

Whitworth: Oh, well, which character? I mean I'm one guy and then I turn into another guy.

Question: Okay. Well, tell me both.

Whitworth: Well, I had a moment just near the end where- I don't know. I'm giving spoilers.

Question: Don't give it away.

Whitworth: What can I do? Just looking down the face of Ghost Rider, Nic Cage, doing- in this one he does all his Ghost Rider stuff. The one before he didn't. So it has his body language and his feel. With that it's already better. When I was in the human form just before something hap- well, I don't know how to answer that question. I wasn't prepared to without giving spoilers. But looking down in the face of Nic Cage when he's about to throw me and I did my own stunts, when he's going to throw, discard me, if you will, as Ghost Rider and doing this thing when I'm pleading and beating. And then there's fire. I think there's going to be a lot. It's hard to choose from, really. Because all this stuff is rushing back to my head. And I've been in Romania for so long that part of my faculty- it does seem like a dream.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Design to Debut at SDCC

by SuperHeroHype

Jun 3rd, 2011

Following confirmation this morning that The Amazing Spider-Man will have a major presence at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con, comes word, straight from the Twitter feed of directing pair Neveldine/Taylor, that the "evolved" Ghost Rider from the upcoming Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will be debuting his new look there as well.

"[T]his movie is f--ing badass," they write, "[C]an't wait to reveal the evolved GR...... comicon seems like a year away."

Though Nicolas Cage will be reprising his role as Johnny Blaze, Neveldine/Taylor promise that the film will be a significant departure from the 2007 version.

"[N]ot sure where the last one came from," they write, "but this GR comes from nightmares."

The film, also starring Ciaran Hinds, Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth, is set for a February 17, 2012 release and will be released in both 3D and 2D.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:52 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance Debuts French Poster

by SuperHeroHype

January 12, 2012

Columbia Pictures has released a French poster for Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor's Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance, coming to 3D and 2D theaters on February 17. It's now online courtesy of Lyricis (via IMP Awards) and is viewable below.

In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider, Johnny (Nicolas Cage) - still struggling with his curse as the devil's bounty hunter - is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe when he is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the devil Ciaran Hinds). At first, Johnny is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy - and possibly rid himself of his curse forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Go Behind the Scenes of Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance in a New Featurette

by SuperHeroHype

January 24, 2012

A new behind-the-scenes featurette is now online, courtesy of First Look Online, for Columbia Pictures' Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance. Check it out in the player below!

In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider, Johnny (Nicolas Cage) - still struggling with his curse as the devil's bounty hunter - is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe when he is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the devil Ciaran Hinds). At first, Johnny is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy - and possibly rid himself of his curse forever.

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance hits theaters on February 17th.