Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My Mattel WWE Legends Wishlist
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Here are my Top Ten desired WWE Legends figures. I fully understand the fact that several of these people are currently employed by TNA and/or on a supposed WWE “black-list”. This is my “dream line-up” of character’s I’d like to see get the Mattel figure treatment in the years to come:

1. The Honky Tonk Man
Honky Tonk needs to come in his classic light blue wrestling attire, as well as have him sporting his blue sequined jumpsuit with Elvis on the front! Include a classic Intercontinental title, his infamous guitar and a breakaway Gold Record of “Hunka Hunka Hunka Honky Love” and I’d love this figure forever! “I know you love me, thank you very much! You’re a beautiful audience!”

2. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
The Macho Man needs to be wearing his WrestleMania IV tournament championship attire (any of them!) and the correct corresponding sequined robe, bandana and sunglasses. His figure would compliment the Ricky Steamboat figure nicely, as fans could recreate their classic WrestleMania III matchup as well!

3. Ms. Elizabeth
The First Lady of Wrestling should also be sporting her WrestleMania IV attire (see Savage, “Macho Man” Randy), and match Randy’s figure. Toybiz put out a slutty nWo version of Ms. Elizabeth, but we have not seen a classic 80’s Ms. Elizabeth since LJN marketed her back in 1987! The pairing of these two made for an awesome dynamic, whether Randy worked heel or face.

4. Demolition
Ax and Smash need to come along and kick some stinking teeth in, specifically to the Series I Road Warriors! I’d select their WrestleMania V attire and make-up, and make sure they have their entrance gear and head gear! Dems alotta spikes!

5. Andre the Giant
What’s a Legends line without the first WWE Hall of Famer? Andre would come in his classic heel black single-strap outfit, size 18 boots, and butt-squashing ability. 197 empty beer cans sold separately.

6. Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
Ahhh, the Weasel! What can I say about Bobby Heenan that hasn’t already been said? We love him. We hated him. I want his Mattel figure made NOW! I’d like to see “The Brain” in his classic black pants and black pull-over, sequined arms and backside (either “California” or “Brain”). He would make a nice accompanying piece for the Andre the Giant figure!

7. “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, circa 1992
He used to be cute. He used to be sexy. He used to have the moves that drove all the girls wild! I’d like a white vested HBK similar to his heel debut era, with red tiger stripes and motorcycle boots, black kneepads and gloves and a whole lotta attitude. And the mullet, gotta have the mullet!

8. Razor Ramon
I’d like to see the Bad Guy get released with about 4 color variants (evenly distributed) in the wave. Black, purple, green and red boots, trunks and vests, along with his trademark gold chains would finish him off very nicely,…chico.

9. Diesel
Big Daddy Cool should come in his WrestleMania XI attire, with a leather vest and Winged Eagle title belt accessory.

10. Hulk Hogan
The Immortal Hulkster is the beginning and end of wrestling figures if you watched the WWF in the 80’s. I’d like to see him in his red and yellow attire, with a yellow “Hulkamania” shirt and a cloth yellow “Hulkamania” bandana, the one that he cut into fringe that hung over his eyes. Add in the WWF World Title belt that was used PRIOR to the Winged Eagle belt (from before WrestleMania III until the unveiled Winged Eagle at WrestleMania IV) and I’d buy it in a second. I’d even brave Matty Collector’s website to purchase it! 

So those are my 10, who is in your top ten?

Wars

Post subject: Re: My Mattel WWE Legends Wishlist
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Hmmm,

Well, I'm a HUGE Road Warriors mark, so I'd buy endless variants of them. And I realize that as a result, I'm a big fan of Tag Teams/factions so I'm going to count teams as 1 entry each in my wish list. And Jakks covered most of the list, but often they missed a key individual or did versions that weren't quite exactly the ones I want.

1. Paul Ellering: Yeah, after seeing those awesome Warriors in Wave 1, I need an Ellering. I'd choose his goateed look either in a suit or a karate gi. Hell throw him in a 2 or 3 pack with one/both of the warriors. Almost zero chance they'll make him, as even Jakks forgot the brains behind the L.O.D.

2. The 4 Horsemen: The originals: Flair, Arn & Ole Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Jakks got close but never made Ole!

3. The Midnight Express: Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton w/ Jim Cornette. Purely so I can re-create "The Night of the Skywalkers!" Again, Jakks gave us a Midnight Express, but it was Stan Lane not Condrey...

4. Hart Foundation: Classic Pink tights in their prime before Bret went solo. Jakks did a good enough set of these, but the better Elite articulation from Mattel would be fun.

5. The Freebirds: With their Johnny Reb facepaint from the classic match vs. the Warriors. Again, Jakks did a decent set, but I want to see that Elite articulation!

6. The British Bulldogs: From their prime during their classic feud with the Harts. Jakks never quite got the likeness right for the younger Davey, and the Elite articulation would really make this a great set.

7. The Koloffs: Gimme all 3: Ivan, Nikita and Crusher Khruschev! Jakks got 2 of the 3!

8. Junk Yard Dog: Probably the most likely to get made of the guy son my list. Loved him as a kid.

9. Demolition: Sure, they were a Road Warriors "homage" but they make for darn fine figures with all their gear. Plus so far, Mattel seems better than Jakks in terms of detail and accuracy of accessories.

10. L.O.D. 2000. Sure, not the best incarnation of the Warriors by a long shot, but Jakks never did the correct hair/paint on Animal and Hawk and never made Droz. And their Sunny was pretty scary...

All in all this is truly a dream wishlist as I have pretty much all the figures on it, it would just be fun to get new versions.

There are quite a few never made guys, especially from AWA that I'd like (Baron Von Raschke, Dick the Bruiser and the Crusher, etc.) but I'd actually rather have them in Jakks format as they'd go better with my Jakks AWA guys that Mattel will in all likelihood never get to...

Spy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:02 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

cool idea

Mr perfect summerslam 91

Owen Hart king of harts (yeah I know)

British Bulldog Summerslam 92

Sunny (I think she was the hottest valet ever)

Brian Pillman

The Narcissist (no other version of lex needed)

The Model

Shawn Michaels wm 12

Andre the Giant

Crush singles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Any chance they could make The Demon.
Loved that guy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 am 
Hat Pooper