Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: We are going to get a Demolition Ax AND Masked Superstar fig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:52 am 
ABS

Bill Eadie (Ax/Masked Superstar) just posted this on the Fanfest message Board:

With reference to the Jakks figures: I have been in contact with the company and I believe we have reached an agreement in principal .

-They are planning to produce :" Ax Demolition",
as a Single,
in Tag with Smash
and in a "three pack" with Ax-Smash-Crush.

- Also they will be offering a" Masked Superstar" figure.

I am not sure when they will be out. As soon as I get additional information I will let you know.

Link:
http://legendsfanfest.proboards1.com/in ... 833&page=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:46 pm 
Knows his stuff

sweet sweet sweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:37 pm 
An Insider

F'n SWEET!!!!!!!!1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:41 pm 
ABS

Mr. Eadie is now asking for advice as to what color scheme his mask and tights should be in the Masked Superstar figure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 pm 
MINT!

I forgot, is he the one who was also the Repo Man?

And when was he the Masked Superstar?what year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:37 am 
ABS

He became the Masked Superstar in the 70's. Right after the IWA folded, (that was the group that tried to run against the NWA, Most notably the Crcoketts in Mid Atlantic.) As the Masked Superstar he wrestled all over the place and was a big heel and face in the Mid Atlantic, and Georgia territories. great feuds with Blackjack Mulligan, Mr. Wrestling II, Ric Flair,. He formed a team with Big John Studd who under a mask wrestled as Masked Superstar II. He made a trip to the WWF when Backlund wa Champion, feuding with him for the belt, including a great angle where he gave his Spinning Neckbreaker to Eddie Gilbert on the floor. Gilbert has been built up as Backlund's charge, , and had recently returned from a legit car wreck that almost killed him. The feud with Superstar set up the match with The Iron Sheik, where Backlund would lose the title. He continued as the Masked Supersatr wrestling in the AWA, Mid South/UWF, Japan and everywhere else until joining the WWF in the mid 80. In the WWF his first gimmick was a a Machine, he teamed with old rival Blackjack Mullian and under the masks they were Big Machine and Super Machine. Of course they were joined by the Giant Machine, and we all know who that was.

After the Machine deal he became a memeber of Demolition, but at first Barry Darsow wasn't Smash. The first Smash was Randy Colley who had wrestled as Moondog Rex for years. But the fans recognized him as a Moondog, and they WWF got rid of him. Colley would call himself Detroit Demolition in the Continental Area as well as ggetting a chance with WCW years later as a hapless cowboy looking for Stan Hansen, Colley was know as Deadeye Dick at the time. Anyway, Barry Darsow was working as Krusher Krushev for Crockett and was brought in as Smash. One of the reasons Darsow wore that pad so high on his arm was to hide a tattoo that would have shown he was Krushev. Demolition had great success, until Eadie got sick. The WWF has claimed he had a heart attack, Bill says he had a reaction to shell fish. What ever it was the WWF had brought in Crush, the original idea was for Ax to be the manager as he had been promised a job with the office. But as always in the world of wrestling things didn't work out like he thought they would.

Ax found himself let go, whileSmash was repackaged as The Repo Man and Crush became the blode good guy Crush. Ax continued to wrestle as Ax on the Independents, including the GWF. He formed a team with Demolition Blast but the WWF hit him with one of those stop orders. He wrestled then as Axis The Demolisher and Masked Superstar while he went to court with the WWF. Whate ever happened in the case, Mr. Eadie was then able to appear as Ax at conventions and on wrestling shows.

Greta Interview with him can be found here:

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/Resou ... star01.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 pm 
ABS

More from Superstar about the Figure:

I sent an e-mail to the company last evening to propose various color combinations. I mentioned that fans had different opinions as to their particular favorite color combination. I suggested they develop a few figures so perhaps you all will be able to collect your favorite one. Of course it will be up to them. As soon as I get some feedback I will let you all know.

Superstar

Just to give you all a little update. The artist from Jakks action figures and I had a nice long conversatiothis afternoo. I had mentioned to him the interest in the Superstar fiigure. He is also a fan and told me he was very pleased to be able to make the figure.

He is aware of the color combinations. I directed him to this site and he was very impressed by the conversations, insight of the fans and fan interest in the legends events. I mentioned that perhaps the 2 most popular color outfits were Gold and Silver. If you would suggest others I can relay that information to him.

I am now sure how long it will take to get them into the stores but I will try to keep you all informed.

Superstar