Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TNA Wrestling Figures ..... Satisfaction?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:55 am 
Hat Pooper

I have bought 4 TNA wrestling figure over the last few months. At first I was excited about these figures coming out. Though Toy Biz isn't my favorite toy company, outside of Spiderman and Friends, I don't buy/collect anyother Toy Biz.

I remember how they did the WCW figures and how those figures were hit and miss. The built in action feature (biaf) that some came with made some figures hard to stand or cause the figures legs and arms joints to go bad quickly.

Any way these are the four figures I have bought and what I think of them.

Jeff Jarret (1st series) - I like this figure. It came with a really good replica of the belt. ( this line actually have the best belts :D ) . The assesory for this figure was a guitiar that suppose to break when you hit something/body with it. I could never get the guitart to stay togehter long enough for this to happen. The biaf was squeezinthe legs cause the arms to go up and down. I give this figure 4 out out of 5 stars.

A.J. Styles (1st series) Realy good figure. I can't remember the action feature . This figure like the Jeff Jarret one didn't have the ball joints at the legs and arms which made the figure look normal when on display.
I give this figure 4 out out of 5 stars.

Chris Sabin (3rd series ?) Came with a launch pad and X-divison belt. :D The belt is great but the figure has the ball joint that make him look funny when just standing there. I sis hard to pu him in a normal stance when on display. I give this figure 3 out out of 5 stars.

Monty Brown (3rd Series ?) Came with a thing so yu could have Monty do his pounce. Didn't work. Monty right arm won't go down all the way and he also have the ball joint that make his leg area look funny whenon display. I give this figure 3 out out of 5 stars.

All in all I am a big TNA fan and would really lik eto support this line more but the ball joints and unnessarry action features make it hard to buy soem of them.

Does anybody agree with this? Do you like the TNA figures? Could we get less articulation on them. When get them with my WWE ones to play with my kids with they usually go for the WWE ones because they are easy to move the arms and legs. (WWE has less articyulation which has it pros and cons I know and their belts suck).

This line should have figures that have two verison ball joints and no ball joints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:08 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I really do enjoy this line. And the future of this line looks bright as long as its supported. I hope they can fix some of the problems. I think Jarret needs to by redone. And Sabin does look really funny just standing. Styles will be getting a new figure in the AJ/ Joe two pack and it has no actions features. Just my two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:53 pm 
Hat Pooper

Yeah I like this line too. The show are awsome. I am looking forward to the Samoa Joe and Sting Figure coming out later this year.

TNA wrestles up here as part of Maryland Championship Wrestling. There next show is on May 7.

I wish TNA and WWE would work together insrtead of against each other. Wouldn't you pay too see a WWE/TNA PPV. I would love to see the following

Kane vs. Abyss

Monty Brown vs Edge

Jarret vs HHH

Samoan Joe vs Undertaker

AJ Styles vs HBK

Two cents appreciated :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:19 am 
Tis' but a pup

Benoit vs Petey Williams would be good too.

How about HBK vs Matt Bentley seeing how their are family. That would be an interesting storyline.

AMW vs MNM

Sabin vs Rey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:20 am 
Tis' but a pup

Better yet, HBK vs Sting. They both still got it. Would have loved to see this years ago though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:22 am 
Hat Pooper

I agree. After thinking about it I would like to see Samoa Joe vs Angle better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:20 am 
Tis' but a pup

Here's some more:

Kip James vs Triple H- with all the real life bad blood between those two wonder how stiff they would work.

Lashley vs Brown- Ilike Monty but I think Lashley would kill him.