Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NWA TNA Series 2 is out.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:17 pm 
ABS

ToyBiz's TNA Impact Series 2 (Jeff Hardy, Christopher Daniels, Shark Boy and Ron Killings) is now available at Ringside Collectibles, but I just BIN'd Shark Boy and Daniels (the one man in the business I'm a Class A mark for) on ebay for $10 each.

I'd never order from Ringside, but that's me.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:31 am 
Are these ever going to show in stores?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:33 am 
ABS

Maxim wrote:
Are these ever going to show in stores?

The latest I've heard is Series 1, Series 2 and the ring are going to show simulataneously at retail, but that's not officially confirmed by anyone at ToyBiz.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:56 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I hope you're right about them hitting retail. I'm starting to get anxious about getting these in my collection and I can't bring myself to ordering online.....yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:51 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I've only seen Series one at ONE dealer at a local show (Frank & Sons).

Neat figures, but I've never seen TNA so I'm a bit out of it.

What's the story with that Mankind lookalike dude?

And Sharkboy?

I'm so clueless! :D

SpyMagician

Post subject: The Power of Shame!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:53 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Hey JJJason and Company...

I just submitted Julius my new PWF column...

It should be up in the next day or so... As I try to upgrade our Wrestling Coverage... (It includes pix of the new upcoming Classics and the reported list for Wave 8 )

Aside from updating more frequently and more breaking news regarding Jakks and Toy Biz (which I know we should be posting)...

Are you interested in...

A feature on the new WRESTLEMANIA 1 in-scale ring (I just bought one at TRU... 49.99!)

Action and comparison shots of

WWE/F Classics Wave 6?
Toy Biz TNA Wave 1?
Best of WCW/ECW?

Interview-wise... do you care about...?

An Interview I did with Kevin Nash a year ago where he discusses the figures and the state of WWE?

An interview I plan to conduct with DDP?

And any of you folks want to write a guest column, article, or feature for the Plastic Wrestling Federation, e-mail me privately or just post on this forum! Believe me, I could use da help!

Cubanzod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:29 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Hey 'Zod!

Keep those pics coming! Your column is GREAT! So full of content and good original pics!

The interviews sound interesting. I'm always curious to see how real folks feel about their plastic counterparts!

Keep up the great work man!

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:59 pm 
ABS

SpyMagician wrote:
Neat figures, but I've never seen TNA so I'm a bit out of it.

What's the story with that Mankind lookalike dude?

And Sharkboy?

I'm so clueless! :D

SpyMagician

Spy, you would LOVE TNA. It's basically the anti-WWE. The accent is far more on in-ring wrestling than idiotic storylines and characters. The TNA X Division is everything the WWE Cruiserweight division is not. Everyone in TNA treats the business with tons of respect to the point it seems much more like a sport than "sports entertainment." Even TNA's main event picture, so long dominated by Jeff Jarrett, is looking up now that Raven has the title.

To answer your questions directly...

Abyss is TNA's resident force of nature. His gimmick is a direct combination (rip-off?) of Mankind and The EntranceMaker-er,...Undertaker. He's an extremely powerful guy, but he also moves around the ring very well.

Shark Boy is a perrenial TNA fan favorite. He's a good worker, cruiserweight style guy. He usually jobs, but has picked up a few wins of late, so maybe he's due for a push.

Trust me, Spy. If I know you at all, guys like A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Petey Williams, Elix Skipper, and Chris Sabin will blow your mind. TNA Impact is currently streaming through RealPlayer on their website. Go check out the last two episodes, they're there now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:43 am 
Unbreakable

Yep... Petey Williams is the best wrestler most fans don't now about. I can't even watch WWE anymore. I HOPE TNA gets a tv deal done...soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:35 pm 
Tis' but a pup

'zod I'm definitely interested in the features and interviews you mentioned in your post. I love comparison features and hearing what a wrestler thinks about their figure is always interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:47 am 
Tis' but a pup

Man I can't wait for these to hit here. These look like really fun figures. Now if they would just get a tv deal. I miss watching these guys. The X Division BLOWS AWAY the wwe cruiserweights. Really hope Williams, Brown, and Matt Hardy(when he shows up there) each get a figure soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:35 pm 
Unbreakable

Pretty sure Petey Williams and Monte Brown are scheduled for series 3...if we see a series 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:47 pm 
ABS

kevfett wrote:
Pretty sure Petey Williams and Monte Brown are scheduled for series 3...if we see a series 3.

I think you'll see a TNA Series 3. The streaming Impact shows are getting good viewership and I believe it's only a matter of time before TNA gets a TV deal somewhere. With the amount of hype USA is giving the re-debut of WWE on its network, ratings are sure to spike. Someone somewhere on the dial will want to compete if wrestling gets hot again.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:22 am 
Fugitive Dust

Well...TNA is more the home of ex-WWE and the charasmatically challenged.

They do have great WRESTLERS, but pro wrestling is about more than just what happens between the ropes. Interviews, angles and storylines make up a good part of it too! (And I know WWE is sucking in that area also!)

There are a few good things about it, but the bad far outweigh the good. The worst thing about it is the leadership. The Jarretts? Dusty Rhodes? (I know Big Dust has been replaced as booker) Jeff Jarrett's nepotism fueled title reigns are worse the Triple H's because there are other TNAers who could hold the ball and run with it for a long time, and HHH has evolved over time. Watching Jarrett, you'd think he was still wrestling in 1995. His cheap @$$ guitar shots are lame!

And like most small feds, they have money woes out the yuing yang, and the rumors of selling the company have been around for quite some time. The TNA that we know now probably won't exist in a year. But here's hoping!

P.S. The kiss of death...no TV!
Joel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:18 pm 
ABS

Your comments about TNA in this and the other thread read more like someone who reads message board posts about the company than someone who actually watches the product but, assuming you've seen every TV show and PPV they've done in the past year, we're just going to have to agree to disagree where TNA's concerned.

I'm impressed and optimistic, you're not, and the universe expands...

-JJJ