Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Poor Chavo!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:31 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Yikes! "Kerwin White" is Chavo's new angle to get heat? It will get "heat" all right, in a Beaver Cleavage way!

Just when the WWE goes easy on insulting our intelligence we get the self-loathing Latino angle (fine, but did they have to dress him in a sweater and announce him as subtlly as Irwin R. Shyster! He's the tax man! You should HATE him!)

Why not have made Chavo "sell out" gradually? They've made him into a cartoon character! (And just so you know I'm not a snob, I was a mark for the whole Chavo wrestling with his dad and calling him "Chavo Classic!")

Chavo aside, I like RAW without HHH. Does he have to come back and dominate EVERY storyline? Last week we got Hogan and Flair used wisely (Flair got some great mic time), we have HBK as a heel, ditto Edge, and they feel fresh as heels. I think Jericho looks better in a wife-beater than he does in those Liberace Shirts.

Except for Undertaker, Smackdown seems the place where they put wrestlers they have NO IDEA what to do with (Benoit, Booker T, to a lesser extent Batista)

I'm hearing the SPIKE TV TNA thing ain't gonna happen... Which is a shame... Maybe they should make a hard play for F/X?

And here's my lame McMahon idea of the day... They should come up with an odd, geeky wrestler in the vein of Napoleon Dynamite!

Cubanzod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:00 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I can hear it now.....

"KERRRRRRRR--WIN! KERRRRRRRR--WIN!"

Or maybe not.
Either way, hopefully they have a good storyline worked out for him. Chavo has a lot of talent in the ring and on the mic. His outfit was freaking hilarious!! Reminded me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince!

With the releases occuring now, hopefully this will protect Chavo's spot on the roster!

RAW without HHH! Heck yeah!
Will it last? Heck no!

When ratings rise without him, he'll rush back to TV like always.
When he "went home" a few weeks back and left Flair to fend for himself, that was supposed to (and it would've made more sense) last a few weeks longer. But the RAW without him had the best ratings in a year (J.R. confirmed as much the next week) so guess who came back early to keep his spot on top safe... Mr. Nepotism himself, Triple H.

Current reports say he might stay away until after SummerSlam. I'll believe it when I see it.

Now that Kidman has FINALLY been let go...will his wife stick by his side and quit? Torrie really doesn't add anything to the show, along with 75% of the Diva roster. That will be interesting...

Joel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:47 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Seriously,

When I saw that new gimmick for Chavo I had to check the calendar to see it it was April 1st!

HORRIBLE!

Not only is it lame but it's so sudden that even if it didn't suck it would be too abrupt. Oy.

But RAW with no HHH is the greatest.

Sure the Diva portion was lame (though it did have more plastic in it than my entire toy collection :lol: ), and much of the show was used to pimp "Hogan Knows Best."

But we had more great mike work from Carlito and Angle. Carlito is really the only "interview" segment in years that even touches Piper's Pit. In comparison the Highlight Reel was pretty weak IMO.

And a heel turn for HBK! Great!

But again. RAW. No HHH.

Life is good!

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:50 am 
ABS

Between "Kerwin White" and The Mexicools, WWE is is going to get letters. With this and the crazy/stickhorse storyline in WCW, Chavo Guerrero is one of the most humiliated workers in the history of professional wrestling.

I sat in shock upon the realization we were going to have to watch EIGHT SEPARATE RUNS through that Bikini Boot Camp thing. I could not believe they belabored the Diva Search segment to that degree.

Carlito and Kurt Angle are the two best heels in the company, period. No one, including stale, played, immobile Triple H, comes close to touching them. Angle is already one of the greatest performers in the history of the business. I can see Carlito getting there too but, as it's been with Angle, he has to work almost exclusively as a heel.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:12 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Remember when they had Chavo sell Amway on WCW?

I think it's more offensive how they keep humiliating a decent Latino wrestler-- than the fact that Chavo now "hates" Latinos!

And what if he comes off in certain areas of the country as a face? Yikes!

Cubanzod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:03 pm 
ABS

Cubanzod wrote:
Remember when they had Chavo sell Amway on WCW?

Cubanzod

Yes, a Vinnie Ru Original, if I recall correctly.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Do we think HHH has the maturity to realize that if he stays off TV for awhile, fans may actually respond to him when he returns? :?:

He's thisclose to getting X-Pac heat... not " I hate you" heat, but rather "go away" heat! :twisted:

Triple H... Look up the word "overexposed..." It's NOT a good thing! You have to LEAVE before we can miss you!

So far Hogan has played it smart since he returned to the WWE with the nWo a few years ago... he leaves-- so when he returns-- he gets HUGE pops! And his return is a big-deal! (Well, except for his brief run in the Captain America mask as "Mr. America." I love it when they insult our intelligence with the "big name in a mask," just like when a fat masked guy with a birthmark on his belly became the "Midnight Rider!" Oh, Dusty!)

All right, here's my guilty confession: I kind of like JBL's "J.R. Ewing meets Donald Trump" character...It's goofy, it makes no sense, its not "real" and I keep right on watching... He's one of the few reasons left to watch SMACKDOWN for me!

Cubanzod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:45 pm 
ABS

Cubanzod wrote:
All right, here's my guilty confession: I kind of like JBL's "J.R. Ewing meets Donald Trump" character...It's goofy, it makes no sense, its not "real" and I keep right on watching... He's one of the few reasons left to watch SMACKDOWN for me!

Cubanzod

I don't think that's a confession at all. JBL is an excellent heel and his lengthy run with the WWE Championship was one of the very few things the company's done right in the last few years.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:28 pm 
Dog Squeezer

'zod,

Perfect illustration of your point about HHH:

When he was out after tearing his quad, and finally returned fans were thrilled! He was getting big pops as a face! But they turned him back to his tired monster heel role almost immediatly...

As for JBL, it's a great character and his mike work is excellent! Sure his in ring is a bit ho-hum. But then the in ring work on a lot of the "big guys" that Vince loves so much is usually punching, no sells and one or two signature moves.

And JBL is far more entertaining at this point than the Big Show, Kane or even 'taker (to me anyway... :) )

SpyMagician