Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: If this isn't an opportunity for TNA...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:12 pm 
ABS

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2005/1120849249.shtml

...I don't know what is.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:48 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Agreed! Jim Cornette's usually been a good booker and a fan of classic angles... Even if TNA brought him in as a "manager" to form "the New Midnight Express" it would be a good thing!

He definitely needs some anger management courses though! Slapping an employee cannot be abided by under any circumstances!

There REALLY needs to be a viable, higher profile (than TNA Currently is) viable alternative to WWE...If for no other reason to make the WWE product better... Both shows often feel like they were written or scripted by the same people-- thus hurting the whole idea of a Smackdown/RAW rivalry...

Further exacerbating matters is that tonally the WWE doesn't want to do certain angles, so as not to alienate sponsors... So you get the feeling of "sameness" alot...

That said, I'd love it if TNA got a mainstream TV deal on Basic Cable with a decent time slot...

Cubanzod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:43 pm 
ABS

See, I don't want TNA to succeed more than it has to drive WWE to be better, I want TNA to succeed because most of what WWE puts on my TV screen blows, I'm sick of it, and TNA's in-ring product is just flat out better.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:51 am 
Tis' but a pup

If TNA does work out a tv deal and picks up some steam, which guys in the wwe would you mind seeing jump to tna? I would love to see a Benoit vs Daniels/Williams match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:43 pm 
ABS

Obviously, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio would be the guys I think most WWE fans would like to see matched up against TNA's best. God, imagine Rey Rey going 30 minutes with A.J. Styles? Or Eddie and Christopher Daniels trying to out-psychology each other for the X Division Championship? Even something like Benoit's skill versus Monty Brown's power would be a great match-up.

If WWE keeps going the way it is and TNA can find its footing, these matches could happen.

-JJJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:02 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Over on prowrestling.com, there is an article up stating the man-beast Rhyno will start with tna at their next ppv. I think tna will handle him better then wwe.