Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's the same old argument we've all seen before.

It's just not possible for companies to get it perfectly right. Both retailer and manufacturer. No one makes the exact amount of Nissan Pathfinders (random yes but my ride) or Sony TVs that are going to sell. Sometimes milk , eggs and meat go bad at the store because they have too much. Sometimes there is none because they have to little. It's a crazy world when exactly what you want is not available to you when you want it and how you want it but no one can be perfect at this.

The best you can do is be patient and.....

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm 
shirtless hugger

Stopped at Wal-mart this morning and found a whole new case out on the shelves! Picked up Nova and Angel. Left Herc and Puck. Herc appears to be 2 to a case

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Oklahoma sure is the Mecca for MU :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm 
ABS

I want to put in my 2 cents regarding BBTS. I didn't have a very positive experience with them. I read the criticisms on this thread but wanted to experience them for myself. I prepaid for Marvel Universe items but my credit card was never charged which I didn't know. When you prepay for items on Amazon, you pay for the items and then when they become available they are shipped to you. It's pretty straightforward. I didn't realize at BBTS, they only charge your credit card when the items become available and they can charge you more than the prepaid price they originally publish. I then receive an e-mail saying my items were in (2 months later than they estimated) and then wanted to charge me more than the prepaid price. The prices were much more expensive that what they were at retail and more expensive than buying them on eBay. I don't mind paying a little more for convenience because I don't always want to engage in the hunt but what they were charging for these Marvel Universe packs was far more than retail. It wasn't worth it for me but I can't speak on behalf of everyone. I'm sure a lot of people have positive experiences with them so more power to them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 pm 
Displays Backwards

Doc wrote:
I want to put in my 2 cents regarding BBTS. I didn't have a very positive experience with them. I read the criticisms on this thread but wanted to experience them for myself. I prepaid for Marvel Universe items but my credit card was never charged which I didn't know. When you prepay for items on Amazon, you pay for the items and then when they become available they are shipped to you. It's pretty straightforward. I didn't realize at BBTS, they only charge your credit card when the items become available and they can charge you more than the prepaid price they originally publish. I then receive an e-mail saying my items were in (2 months later than they estimated) and then wanted to charge me more than the prepaid price. The prices were much more expensive that what they were at retail and more expensive than buying them on eBay. I don't mind paying a little more for convenience because I don't always want to engage in the hunt but what they were charging for these Marvel Universe packs was far more than retail. It wasn't worth it for me but I can't speak on behalf of everyone. I'm sure a lot of people have positive experiences with them so more power to them.

Well that sucks. I have never had that problem with BBTS. I have pre-ordered a little from them, but never have I had the prices raised. I would put up a fuss about that.

I have never bought any MU figures from them because the prices are just too high for me. Some figures they sell at retail prices, or even less - those I'll buy. But when it comes to these annoying one per case figures or cases filled with repacks I will just hunt them down at the stores. So I would recommend BBTS for some things, not everything.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 am 
The Last Word

zedhatch wrote:
You clearly have never worked in big chain retail if you think that is how it works.
Prior to moving into entertainment, I actually held management positions in both retail and manufacturing. In the latter, I worked directly with retail buyers, so I have a very intimiate knowledge of exactly how that relationship works.

zedhatch wrote:
I understand
:lol:

ian5555 wrote:
The best you can do is be patient and.....

Who wants to do that when you can whine and point fingers? Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:33 pm 
ABS

ian5555 wrote:

I don't get why people continue to search for these at retail. IMO that is retails fault anyway for not ordering them most likely not Hasbros as they are making them (most online stores are getting them). You can get nearly any figure you want (including that 3 pack) at HTS. They are decently priced and Hasbro sends a 15% off your next order coupon with every order plus occasionally you get a $10 off coupon.

In today's world if you are shopping at retail for action figures you are doing it wrong imo. There are plenty of options online that are retail priced or a little but higher without paying a premium at places like BBTS and Atomic Empire. Even Atomic Empire has some good deals on older figures.

What are some of the online retailers that you recommend or have had good luck with

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm 
ABS

ian5555 wrote:
One messed up wave doesn't mean it's Hasbro's fault in all their lines. That "pegwarmer" wave happens in nearly every line. Also where do you get "most" of us? I think they have done a tremendous job with MU and I have never had a problem getting figures within a few months of their release. Transformers as well has been stellar. I think the line should take a more collector approach online with new waves and re-releasing more A and B list character in refresh cases at retail perhaps with the odd character here and there to be successful. Let's face it. Kids aren't going to say "Ohh wow Jubilee and Blastaar" when they see them on the pegs. It's too bad Hasbro doesn't go back to the putting checklist on the back like Gi Joe in the 80's showing past waves and re-releasing them. Kids now have to rely on what they see on TV or Movies to get to know a character so the line is getting to a point where retail most likely isn't interested in the figures Hasbro is making. I'd bet what retail is asking for is the Iron Man, Avengers, Thor movie figures so MU needs to focus on those characters at retail imo.

The problem is multifactorial. It's not Retailers vs Manufacturers. They are both to blame. The manufacturers do a poor job supplying the retailers as we saw with Mattel's JLU, and Hasbro's Star Wars. But it's also retailer's fault for failing to refresh their supply and properly accounting for their product. The reason people still shop retail is because it's still the cheapest and it's fun. Yes, half the entertainment of acquiring these figures is to find them on a store shelf. There is a certain sense of thrill in that and people want to re-experience their childhood by walking into a store and finding that rare gem on a store shelf. Others refuse to pay more for it on-line out of princip. It's not rational but I never said it was. You're right, it makes much more sense to purchase them on-line. People waste hundreds of hours and fuel costs driving to multiple stores when they can save money and time by purchasing them on-line. I too have found it ironic that people will get so upset at Target or Wal-Mart for not carrying their figures when they probably could have went on-line and found everything they wanted instantly. Like I said, it's not rational but human being tends to be irrational about certain things. I can be pretty irrational about purchasing figures. I could probably find everything I want right now but I would rather waste my time and fuel costs to find them at Target. I don't know, I think getting them at retail is more fulfilling.

I enjoy the hunt. It's part of the joy of collecting figures It makes going to retail stores more interesting when I have to go there to complete mundane tasks like buying diapers for my kid. I tried the online approach with BBTS because I got bored of the hunt recently and wanted to just get them the way I prepay for items on Amazon. But I wasn't willing to pay three times retail for MU on BBTS. Nonetheless, I don't ever get upset at these stores for not carrying my beloved figures because I know at any point I can acquire them through some on-line source. With Marvel Universe, my opinion is if you wait long enough, you will ultimately find every figure they make including variants. The only MU figure I haven't seen on a store shelf at some point was the Archangel variant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 am 
Mint on Card

I just received my Nighthawk in the mail. I like him. Now I can't wait to get Valkyrie to add to my Defenders display.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Doc wrote:
With Marvel Universe, my opinion is if you wait long enough, you will ultimately find every figure they make including variants. The only MU figure I haven't seen on a store shelf at some point was the Archangel variant.

This is my point exactly. With a little patience most all of these make it to the shelves. If you don't have the patience or could care less about the hunt the online options are there. Small Joes, BBTS, HTS, Atomic (formerly Sci-fi Genre) and Impulse Creations are all options. I do most of my shopping at HTS and IC though as I think the rest are a little overpriced.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm 
Displays Backwards

Doc wrote:
With Marvel Universe, my opinion is if you wait long enough, you will ultimately find every figure they make including variants. The only MU figure I haven't seen on a store shelf at some point was the Archangel variant.

Well, for me that's not true. I have never seen the variants for Archangel, Havok, Winter Solider, Iron Patriot, Warpath, Miss Marvel, Dr. Strange, Absorbing Man, Ultimate Spidey and Baghead Spidey. I'm sure I will not find the Wave 20 and 21 variants either. And it's not like I haven't looked for them - they just get snatched up real quick, ya know?

Also never saw the regular Vision, but tons of people never did.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Well, seems MU is still kicking. They had a decent showing at NYTF. SDCC I hope we will see Deathshead, Eric Thor and hopefully Black Knight.

MU is not sold here in Germany and only occasionally at my on base retail store. I have actually found everything at decent prices online. BBTS can be pricey on shipping but using the Pile of Loot helps with that issue. I actually had no issues finding Vision when I started buying MU for Vision was one of the most pegged warmed figures at one time at my retail store on base but mine are being used for other custom figures.

If and when the majority of you get Hercules, he is actually bigger than Modern Thor and just a tad taller. Herc's body is almost the same size as Colossus. Herc is very broad across the shoulders. His neck, shoulders, chest, waist and entire arms down to the wrist are bigger than Thors' and hands as well. Thor's upper thighs are still thicker and wider, though. He's a very nice figure though and even if you are not a Hercules fan I would still recommend you buy this figure though just to see what Hasbro can really do when they put forth 100% effort.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Shellhead wrote:
Oh, boy. Here we go again. :roll:

This conversation never gets old, does it Bill? Wait, yes it does. :lol:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Professor X, Jubilee and Blastaar up on HTS.

Hasbro really sucks at this line....... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 am 
Mint on Card

And they are gone. What the hell do they just put two of each up there and then they sell out?

On a side note, I picked up Hercules yesterday at TRU. Also saw Nighthawk and of course picked him up on Ebay earlier that week for a few dollars more.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357 ... 406  Next