Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Basic Figures Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm 
Collector Inspector

puckace wrote:

I don't know funtime. Targets out here have put all SW Vintage on clearance.

Haha, yeah, tell me about it. I've been driving to every Target this week clearing out pegs. I picked up Wooof and Han Endor (full price before Clearance) then I got some Rebel Commandos, Cloud Car pilot, Darth Maul for $7.98 and the Snaggletooth pack for $12 last night. I think I'm go out tonight again! But other people are cleaning out around town, I can tell. Most stores have either nothing or two Naboo security guards. If I could just find a B-Wing Pilot!

But the thing to think about is this: I remember a year ago when Target Clearanced out the Special 3-Packs (I got a few for $11.00) Only for them to return again this year with the Droid and Villain set, so I'm thinking (hoping) that they're just cleaning out this old junk and we'll continue to see Vintage for this spring. I HOPE!!!

Wildcard wrote:
What scares me is that we will no longer be getting never-before-produced 3-3/4" movie figures.

I know! It's frustrating. I'm the customer that wants Cantina and Jabba Palace characters, not to mention classic vintage characters that haven't gotten definitive versions of yet. I think they're leaving that type of collector behind this year and saying " No, here, we have the 6-inch line for you!", as if that's what i want. I'm afraid they're taking a cue from DC/Mattel and the Black series will just be popular name characters, Anakin, Padme, Clone trooper, etc. and the Darth Vader packaging Line will be cheap low-budget stuff.

I don't know, we'll find out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

We only have a padme and a few Droids for 4.98, but I did get the droid 3 pack that I have been waiting forever to go down. Got it for $12 :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
but the Obi-Wan pack in is a 5 POA job. Please tell me we're not going this route with Star Wars, too.

That started with the Battle packs released last year (I believe that OWK is a repack) -- I dont mind it- as long as the keep the level of sculpting the same-- THe Fett last year was just as good as some of the 16 POA (or however many)-- figs.. (and the Bespin Luke was better than all the other releases in my opinion...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:57 pm 
Collector Inspector

Toy Fair news from the front page.

So yeah , the Vader-packaging for kids is Saga Legends... $5.99 and 5 POA like those Dark Knight Batman figs this year. Just like the 80's! Darn you, Recession!

Highlights for me are the Big Slave 1 and K-mart Exclusive Scanning Crew and Ewok catapult. I live near 3 Kmarts. I love Kmart Exclusives. Otherwise, I'll get some Black Series stuff in both scales but I'm still trying to get a lot of TVC figures. The Vintage vehicles sound awesome , I just can't afford all of them especially after my BMF purchase this year.

Quote:
Star Wars

-Black Series: they wanted to capture that iconic, scene-specific shot and bring it to life in a new scale. Figures should resonate with SW fans and collectors, and create an emotional connection back to the scenes that inspired them. 6″ figures were born.

-Wave 1: X-wing Luke, Darth Maul (dual lightsaber and cloak), R2D2 (jet packs, probe), Sandtrooper (backpack, pistol, rifle)

-3.75″ Black Series: Anakin, Clone Trooper Sergeant, Bike Scout, Darth Vader (Bespin Trap), Clone Pilot, Luke (Yavin Ceremony), Padme (Geonosis Arena) Biggs Darklighter

-Saga Legends 3.75″: $5.99 price point, 5 points of articulation, 12 figs in Wave 1

-Mission Series 3.75″: $9.99 price point, buddy packs, 5 points of articulation

-Class II Vehicles 3.75″: Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter (new for Fall)

-12″ Figures: Anakin, Clone Trooper, Obi-Wan, Vader

-Anakin to Vader Figure: blue light-up light saber, when you put the helmet on you get the transformation into Vader with sound and lightsaber turns red

-Retailer Exclusives: Battle of Geonosis (Vintage Republic Gunship) – Yoda, 2 Troopers, figures will be able to go in turrets

-Bigg’s X-Wing Fighter
-Darth Vader Origins (4 figures and operating table)
-Scanning Crew Pack 1
-Scanning Crew Pack 2
-Vintage Ewok Catapult
-Darth Vader Evolution Pack (online)
-Vintage Tie Interceptor (Amazon) figures not included
-Slave I (Amazon) w/Han Solo in Carbonite Figure

-Jedi Force: 5″ Figures – all new scale

-Angry Birds: New cast of characters, and new toys

-BLACK SERIES: HAN IN CARBONITE & BOBA FETT FOR SD COMIC CON ’13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Looks like I'm going to save some money on Star Wars this year. Here's what's on my potential buy list:

funtime3 wrote:
Toy Fair news from the front page.

-Black Series Wave 1: Darth Maul (dual lightsaber and cloak), Sandtrooper (backpack, pistol, rifle)

-3.75″ Black Series: Clone Trooper Sergeant, Bike Scout, Clone Pilot, Padme (Geonosis Arena)

-Scanning Crew Pack 1
-Scanning Crew Pack 2
-Slave I (Amazon) w/Han Solo in Carbonite Figure

And I'll have to see Maul in person before I make the decision.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:09 pm 
3 3/4"

I was shocked Hasbro owned up to the mistakes last year with the TPM wave and the lack of other product reaching the shelves. I was also impressed they manned up and promised change in the future in relation to this issue. I got the feeling this was an all around change as well, not just to Star Wars. It's amazing that the cynic has hope again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Were there any pics of the scanning crew packs and the ewok exclusives?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 pm 

Found my local walmart to be stocked full of non TPM vintage figures... Picked up a Gamorrean Guard.. First time Ive ever seen it at retail..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Broke down and bought the mini-vehicle that connects to the MTT.

That'll probably be it for Star Wars for quite a while. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 pm 
Mint on Card

I went to a comic shop in Livermore that I don't always frequent but was actually checking to see if had any new MU figures but found the Vintage Carded Republic Trooper from the Old Republic Game hanging on the pegs and I picked it up. He was selling it for 19.99 which was cheaper the ones I've seen on Ebay. It is an awesome figure.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Picked up a Darth Malgus at Toys R Us. Might keep it, he's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:18 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

I might have asked this before, just curious, what is the consensus on what might be the best Boba Fett figure, like the one I have, don't love it. Looking for that white prototype version, is that any good?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 am 

I love my 2010 Vintage collection one!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

This board is depressingly (but understandably) dead! Except for the last couple of posts, we haven't had anything to talk about since at least March!

Is there any news on new stuff coming out in stores? I'm not personally interested in 5 POA figures. Will there be any new characters or significantly improved versions of already-produced characters, or is 3.75" Star Wars finally dead?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:27 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well for those that didnt know-- the Amazon exclusive TIE Interceptor and Bobas Slave 1 (the oversized version) are now available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next