Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 404  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 pm 
Cold-cast

It so sucks that baghead spidey is not in this wave 21 case. i wish they would just make it part of the case be done with variants. Variants in 21st century collecting is just a PITA.

The figures i wold like to see made are:

Wasp (the yellow version like on avengers earth mightiest heroes)
Ant Man (like the comic pack version)
Venom
Carnage
Doc Ock
Shocker
Vulture
Scorpion
Lizard
Omega Red
Mysterio with the oval helmet
Pyro
Toad
MODOK
silver/black suit spiderman
Panther with cape and neck and wrist jewelry.
Alpha Flight

Susan storm and Reed in the blue/black combo and blue /white to complete the set i.e they release thing and human torch as singles in those color combos.

Ghost Rider with blue flames
green Phoenix
Power man (like on ultimate spiderman animated series)

Then i would be done with this line unless i saw someting cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:31 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

This got me thinking about my wish list. Still working on it but there are 2 box sets. 1 is the U-foes, because Vector and X-Ray would be the same figure with different paint apps using existing parts, Vapor could be a repainted Widow, making Ironclad the only new sculpt, and not that hard of one to do.

CCC.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 pm 
Bob Vila

I would go for an Alpha Flight too Zim. I don't know if its any foreshadowing they were showing Sasquatch on one of the boxes but he would be cool. I'm telling u a simple repaint of Psylocke as Aurora and put her with a Northstar figure would be cool as a comic pack.

Not sure i saw it on your list but Vulture and Chameleon would be good additions to the Spidey rogues gallery.

A TRU exclusive new warriors set with
Night thrasher
Namorita
Rerelease Firstar for those who missed her
Reuse Novas helmet and use the quicksilver body for nova in his 2nd outfit in nw
Justice and Speedball

I would be done with MU if that new warriors set came out

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:49 pm 
Cold-cast

heads up hasbrotoyshop.com has the angel/nova wave posted as coming soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 am 
Hat Pooper

Zim wrote:

the wave was posted earlier...i got an order infrom my phone, but by the time i was done, nova and angel were out of stock. There was a limit of 2 per figure, i was trying to order multiple Novas for a friend who wants to use it as an army builder, but it would only let me order 2. That makes me think they didnt have all that many as of now. Maybe they will come up again.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:18 pm 
Cold-cast

ivelostr2 wrote:
Zim wrote:

the wave was posted earlier...i got an order infrom my phone, but by the time i was done, nova and angel were out of stock. There was a limit of 2 per figure, i was trying to order multiple Novas for a friend who wants to use it as an army builder, but it would only let me order 2. That makes me think they didnt have all that many as of now. Maybe they will come up again.

i posted the heads up 5 days ago. However, you would be correct as they were posted on hts as coming soon on fri may 3. hts limits purchases to 1-2 each depending on the item. Some people try to game the system with multiple accounts but hts has a dept of order investigations (yes a real dept) that tries to weed out these types of orders and cancels them. A few still manage to get away with it though. As far as i know they came into stock for the first time today.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I saw a lonely Kang today at a Walmart. Only the second time I've ever seen that character at retail, and the first time was months and months ago.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:32 pm 
Displays Backwards

I found Wave 20 at Target today for the first time. They had two each of Herc and Nighthawk. So I guess nobody wants the two per case guys? I don't get why they made some figs one per case in this wave.

Then I found Puck floating around and picked him up. He is Tiny buy cool. I hope I can find Nova and Angel sometime soon at either Target or TRU, but who knows. I'm sure I will find them before HTS gets them in stock, though - always happens.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:30 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Congrats! Puck continues to elude me.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm 
Collector Inspector

Look at those eyes. Just look at them. Are you looking at them? Do you see them in your nightmares?

I am so glad to be done with this line. The Uncanny X-men set finally came to the Targets and someone just drove around to every Target and sniped out all the Rogue packs. Judging from how every single Target had the Darth Malgus snatched off every Vintage Collection case, I can see what's going on. I just live in a very heavy collector/reseller town and the distribution doesn't match the population.

Luckily , a collector friend that lives way, way out, got me a Rogue pack. Phew. BIG PHEW. And! I was able to get a Professor X when a few Targets decided to bring in his wave. Thank gosh I got him because I couldn't pay the $30 that they were asking for him at C2E2 and thank gosh I got him because someone came by shortly and snatched up the rest of the wave after I got the Prof at Target.

phew. It's ruthless around here at retail.

So , I guess that's it for me. No more horrible paint applications for me. I'll still pick up a few new figures if I happen to bump into them at retail, but no more stressing and no more driving around. I'd like a Banshee. Polaris would be nice. They really need to make some Evil Mutants. Okay, I still need a Magneto. But now that Rogue is mine, I feel like I've accomplished my goal.

Sorry to be mean about this line. If you guys are enjoying it, Bless you all. But I can't take it anymore. Not with this distribution. And those eyes. THOSE EYES!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 pm 
Cold-cast

This made me laugh out loud.
funtime3 wrote:
Look at those eyes. Just look at them. Are you looking at them? Do you see them in your nightmares?

And those eyes. THOSE EYES!

POST OF THE DAY!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm 
Displays Backwards

funtime3 wrote:
Sorry to be mean about this line. If you guys are enjoying it, Bless you all. But I can't take it anymore. Not with this distribution. And those eyes. THOSE EYES!

You're not being mean - you have every right to be frustrated. Finding these figures has become pretty awful in the past year or so. And if you are lucky enough to find what you want and it has crazy googly eyes, I see how it can make ya a little crazy.

It's very tough to enjoy the line right now, but I have so many of them that I don't want to skip a few at the end and feel incomplete. I only need to find Nova and Angel right now, which sucks because of the crappy case packs Hasbro made with all the old figures that don't sell while they make the new stuff one per case.

So I feel your pain. We all do. Being a figure collector isn't that great these days.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Agreed: there's no "mean" here. Everything you've complained about with the line is a valid complaint.

Honestly, there isn't much that I'm still looking for with this line.

1) Finish the Sinister Six. A *good* Doc Ock (I know the Toy Biz one works, and I have him), Mysterio (I know he's supposed to be coming), Vulture. Sandman would be nice, but since he's a size-changer, the Spidey Classics one works for me.

2) Rerelease the Vision with a better body.

3) ...Power Pack. I know it won't happen, but that would be pretty awesome.

After that, I'm definitely in "pick up a few" mode at this point. If I see Herc, Nova, etc. on the pegs, I might pick them up... but I really don't care. It's become WAAAAY too difficult to keep up with this line, as I'm still seeing the same Gladiators on the pegs around here that I saw LAST summer. I've been ordering from BBTS, and PoL makes it possible to get decent online prices that way, but it's not what drew me into collecting this line (and DCIH) five years ago.

OTOH, it's great having all this money. I bought a new bike, and I've been riding it like crazy when it's not freezing in the middle of Michigan May.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 pm 
Collector Inspector

I'm starting to let go of collecting and it feels really good. I just wanted to post a closing statement and post a picture of my Jubilee (from Amazon) to illustrate my frustration with the line.

But I did care! Marvel Universe was the line I wanted so bad at about 1988, 1989...something like that. That period of toy-collecting , for me, in between Secret Wars and when ToyBiz started up their X-Men. I was so excited when Toybiz started their line, but still , I kinda preferred my Secret Wars and you could still find a few hanging around in the late 80's. I mean...C'mon...I actually painted some of my old Kenner Star wars guys into X-men, I was so desperate for X-Men in that scale. Try making a Kitty Pryde out of a Hoth Leia!

Anyway, I got lucky a few times, finding Havok and Archangel at retail. I got some help from a lot of board members here, plugging up holes with some needed-figures. I helped out a few people here getting figures they needed. I still would like that Blue single-carded Angel, but I'll just wait and see.

I got most of all the X-men and a Sentinel. It was a lot of work but I'm happy with what I have. If I get more, cool, but I'm not going to sweat it anymore.

I hope you all have luck with this line! I hope they keep it going despite the trend to produce 5 POA $5 lines of figures. I want to see good stuff in the ever-shrinking action figure aisles.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm 
shirtless hugger

What has happened with this line?!? It used to be plentiful and well stocked. But for over a year now the pegs have been poorly stocked to just non-existent. These clearly sell better than the crap-tastic spider-man ad iron man TV and movie figures. What gives?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 404  Next