Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
You give and you give . . . but they just take and they take!

:mrgreen:

New Legends are pretty much the only Hasbro Line I haven't seen yet. My gut is telling me Target's going to get 'em first.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:55 am 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6106
Location: Atlanta, GA
I figured as much. The only people I know that have gotten the Jean Grey wave, have gotten it online.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:57 am 
User avatar
ABS
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 265
Some guys was selling the figs loose for 20.00 bucks on ebay without the BAF which I could care less about. Snagged a Jean Grey and the Wrecker. When I get paid this Thursday I will get Black Panther and another Wrecker figure and I am done with this wave.

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6106
Location: Atlanta, GA
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Some guys was selling the figs loose for 20.00 bucks on ebay without the BAF which I could care less about. Snagged a Jean Grey and the Wrecker. When I get paid this Thursday I will get Black Panther and another Wrecker figure and I am done with this wave.


That's funny. I just did the exact same thing last night. I picked up all 3 of the figures you mentioned, plus the new Hawkeye for $84 shipped between two different sellers. Cheaper than BBTS for sure, and like you I don't really care about Rocket Raccoon.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Tch.
Nobody has any patience anymore.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 am 
User avatar
ABS
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 265
alcinde4 wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Some guys was selling the figs loose for 20.00 bucks on ebay without the BAF which I could care less about. Snagged a Jean Grey and the Wrecker. When I get paid this Thursday I will get Black Panther and another Wrecker figure and I am done with this wave.


That's funny. I just did the exact same thing last night. I picked up all 3 of the figures you mentioned, plus the new Hawkeye for $84 shipped between two different sellers. Cheaper than BBTS for sure, and like you I don't really care about Rocket Raccoon.


I don't have the time to run around trying to find these figures anymore, it stopped being fun years ago. I can reason buying the figures for 5.00 bucks more per the cost of driving, my time, and tax. It's a nice deal just to sit back and not have to be bothered.

Also I keep hearing that Marvel Legends is cancelled, is that true? I don't remember reading anything official like that, is it one of those fan rumors that spreads without merit or did it come from Hasbro?

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm
Posts: 1075
Location: Los Angeles, California
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Also I keep hearing that Marvel Legends is cancelled, is that true? I don't remember reading anything official like that, is it one of those fan rumors that spreads without merit or did it come from Hasbro?


Supposedly it came straight from Hasbro during the SDCC panel, but technically we all heard it reported through fan sites.

But yes, the "Return of Marvel Legends" line proper is supposed to end with the next wave (Jubilee BAF). After that, ML will come out through movie tie-in waves, such as Captain America Legends, Amazing Spider-Man Legends, etc.

_________________
This week at Comic Critics!: Infinite Hiatus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am 
User avatar
ABS
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 265
Sean Whitmore wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Also I keep hearing that Marvel Legends is cancelled, is that true? I don't remember reading anything official like that, is it one of those fan rumors that spreads without merit or did it come from Hasbro?


Supposedly it came straight from Hasbro during the SDCC panel, but technically we all heard it reported through fan sites.

But yes, the "Return of Marvel Legends" line proper is supposed to end with the next wave (Jubilee BAF). After that, ML will come out through movie tie-in waves, such as Captain America Legends, Amazing Spider-Man Legends, etc.


Ok, thanks for the info....man that was short lived. I guess all those Klaw and Drax figures on the shelves did the line in. As long as they make the final Wrecking Crew member I am fine. Do we know the full lineup for the final wave of figures?

No matter what I am done with 3-4 inch scale. They should of started out like this instead of 6 inch, too late now besides I have too many lines from the 80's in that scale that I have.

_________________
Mighty Mouse vs Popeye at full spinach strength...you decide who will win?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm
Posts: 1075
Location: Los Angeles, California
Final wave:

Batroc/Blizzard
Moonstone/Songbird
Radioactive Man/Tigershark
Thor (Marvel NOW!)
Venom
BAF - Jubilee

_________________
This week at Comic Critics!: Infinite Hiatus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:33 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6106
Location: Atlanta, GA
I'm pretty sure they said we won't be getting that awesome Bulldozer. So our Wrecking Crews will remain woefully incomplete.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:36 pm 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm
Posts: 1075
Location: Los Angeles, California
Did they say anything conclusive about the variants? I only read the usual "we're looking into ways to get them released" speech.

Which, granted, is almost the same as saying we won't be getting them....

_________________
This week at Comic Critics!: Infinite Hiatus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6106
Location: Atlanta, GA
Sean Whitmore wrote:
Did they say anything conclusive about the variants? I only read the usual "we're looking into ways to get them released" speech.

Which, granted, is almost the same as saying we won't be getting them....


That's pretty much what I gleaned from that.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6190
Location: Shelbyville, KY
I dont know-- I think we have a good shot at that being an Amazon exclusive "lost" variant case-

I mean Hasbro got them to take the last Vintage Wave-- and just recently the "lost" B-A-D wave-- so they may be ameniable to pick that one up to..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 am 
User avatar
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 am
Posts: 14
alcinde4 wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Some guys was selling the figs loose for 20.00 bucks on ebay without the BAF which I could care less about. Snagged a Jean Grey and the Wrecker. When I get paid this Thursday I will get Black Panther and another Wrecker figure and I am done with this wave.


That's funny. I just did the exact same thing last night. I picked up all 3 of the figures you mentioned, plus the new Hawkeye for $84 shipped between two different sellers. Cheaper than BBTS for sure, and like you I don't really care about Rocket Raccoon.


You paid exactly $1 less per figure than I did and I bought mine from BBTS, lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:23 am 
ABS
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:56 am
Posts: 263
Someday the Target near me will have these in, hopefully. I can wait.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.047s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]