Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: "Star Wars Black" the 6" Star Wars line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:57 pm 
Resin

I don't know who Sabine is but it's a cool-looking toy. I might bet it just for that. i can find out later who the heck she is.

But I'm very happy to not only see a snowtrooper, which I've wanted since the get-go, BUT also an AT-AT driver. WOW! Now that is welcome news! I always dug those guys, very cool trooper design, but I just didn't think we'd see one for a good long while. Kinda obscure. But boy howdy, I am real happy to see that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:26 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

StrangePlanet wrote:
I don't know who Sabine is but it's a cool-looking toy. I might bet it just for that. i can find out later who the heck she is.

She's one of the cast of Rebels. A Mandalorian with an artistic streak (ie, she "tags" the sites she hits). I haven't seen a lot of Rebels (yet) but she is a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:30 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Walgreens exclusive Darth Vader is available online for those that are still looking...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:31 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Does anyone know the difference between the SDCC 6" Black Series Jyn Erso figure and the mass market version? I've compared them side by side in package, and I can't tell the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:35 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Isn't it just the packaging? If there is no difference then the SDCC thing may have just been an early availability thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

You may be right. I assumed the SDCC Jyn Erso would have extra accessories, like Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt did.

I checked Hasbro Toy Shop for a description of the SDCC Jyn Erso, and the website says it includes "an exclusive booklet containing 4 photo cards." I haven't opened the packaging yet to check it out. The paint on her eyes is a little off, though, so I might get rid of it and keep the mass-market Jyn Erso instead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:29 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I saw the 6" Rey and Finn figures at a local closeout store in Manhattan. $8 for each. But they looked so awful, I passed on both. Rey was especially bad, with a sloppy white wash on her face that had dripped on to her clothes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:08 am 
Resin

I found the Hovertank Pilot out at TrU, so they are starting to show up again. I imagine they will be as plentiful as their last exclusive, the FO snowtrooper officer, eventually. Heck, you can buy the snowtrooper officer right now on the TrU website.

The Hovertank Pilot is very well done and loads better than the first round of stormtroopers, better than the snowtrooper officer. Better range of motion in the articulation, not so hampered by giant ratchets in the knees and elbows, more solidly built, better paint apps, just better. That's nice to see.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I`m trying to find Hasbro-Black Series 6`for 2 months already. If you`ll find a treasure chest with them or something, pm me pls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:26 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I really like the 40th anniversary 6" figures, especially because I will get another crack at Princess Leia (with a new face sculpt!). I will probably get the Tusken Raider and the Jawa, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I happened to pop into a GameStop over the weekend, and I found a 40th Anniversary R5-D4, the last one in stock. It wasn't on my radar, so I was lucky.

I was also able to order the 40th Anniversary Leia from TRU.com, so I'm one happy camper.

I passed on the Darth Vader Legacy Pack, however. I'm fond of the packaging, because it reminds me of the mail-away kit that my grandfather bought me when I was a kid, but $40 is too much for just one figure. Has anyone picked it up? I'm wondering what the draw is.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:07 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

The base is cool and functional, but the Vader is 100% new, and he's one of the best figures they've ever done. He's just perfect. He is supposed to get a regular release near the end of the year, but if
you pick one up, you won't be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Oh, I thought it was the same figure that had been released previously. Thanks! I might pick one up now.

EDIT

Are any of the other figures new? I read that Leia is a new likeness, so I bought that (and she looks amazing), but it looks like Luke and Ben are the same. I can't tell whether the others are the same as previous releases or new figures.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:31 pm 
Resin

I've never seen the show, but thank you , Star Wars: Rebels, for bringing Grand Admiral Thrawn back into the cannon, because they made a SWB of him, and I just got it.

This is not the SDCC boxset one, just the regular one, and I think its eyebrows got painted better. It's just a sharp design of a all-time fave character that I certainly never thought I'd see. Love it.

While all the Expanded Universe stuff is gone, when it suits them they could bring characters back into cannon like Thrawn, which is encouraging. I don't know if I'll ever see a SWB of Mara Jade, but one can hope.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16