Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: 6" Marvel Legends Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I really want that Kingpin but Silver Sable and Black Cat at the only figures I really want from the wave... He's going to be really hard to get assembled since a lot of people are going to want a second for the alternate head and a third one to make the Shadow King... :(

Was looking at the new Black Cat and those furry forearms and shins make me think that a classic Squirrel Girl could be right around the corner... (not really a fan of her classic look with the mime makeup, though... would much prefer the bomber jacket version)

I hope that the ink is on the final buyout papers by Toy Fair because I want to see a good, new Jackman Wolverine and Reynolds Deadpool at the show... (actually, the whole Deadpool 2 cast would be welcome -- I'd even buy a Fred Savage...)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:46 am 
An Insider

They need to do a butt-baring Juggernaut. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

starks wrote:
They need to do a butt-baring Juggernaut. :mrgreen:

"Juggernaut, now with 'prison wallet'"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:20 pm 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:
you guys see the list of supposed 80th anniversary stuff over at the Fwoosh?...

Comic Hulk and first appearance Wolverine
Comic Juggernaught and Colossus
MCU Ghost and Luis
MCU Korg and Grandmaster
Alex Ross Iron Man
Alex Ross Thor

Hopefully they'll confirm this stuff at London Toy Fair

Potentially very exciting.

Old school comic Hulk ala Hulk 181 could be very exciting. The Wolverine in that set will be boring to me but a new Hulk could really be a treat. New mold for Hulk could mean new toys for Smart Hulk (made a little taller) new Mr Fixit (made a little shorter) all kinds of stuff.

Comic Juggernaut and Colossus? That could be the Juggernaut-colossus from a few years back. No reason to think that is in any way a classic Colossus from the Byrne/Cockrum era, but I hope it is. Except I kinda hope it isn't because I do not want to buy a 2-pack to get one figure.

As for the Alex Ross stuff - who knows what that is? Could be anything. Ross often stuck to classic designs but who knows. Iron Man could be the gray 1st Appearance one for all I know. Actually that'd be great. Heck, Ross seemed to paint Iron Man 2020 a lot - I hope its one of those.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm 
ABS

In true geek fashion, my low-key favorite thing about the X-Men going back to Disney (other than the movies) is we're going to get MCU X-Men Marvel Legends. Why am I so excited to have more stuff to buy?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm 
not exactly street legal

I more or less stopped collecting Marvel Legends and sold some of my old ones. But then they made the Annhilation Richard Ryder Nova figure, then Entertainment Earth had the DNA Guardians of the Galaxy set and then I got Darkhawk and Adam Warlock and now they came out with Night Thrasher. Now I’m hoping they finally do the Original New Warriors.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:36 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Some amazing stuff shown off at Toy Fair. I am so glad that I never decided to go all-in on Legends like I did with DCSH/DCUC/Multiverse but there is so much coming this year that's still going to eat up my money...

That Captain America/Peggy Carter pack looks amazing (here's hoping that the torso on Peggy can be swapped out for a blue coat/red hat TV version of her down the road). I don't really need it for what I collect but that MCU Spider-Man/MJ set looks incredible and I'm going to really have to fight myself to not get it... MCU Iron Man/Iron Spider set is great, I still need both of those so that one is a buy... Korg and Grandmaster is another buy though we still need Meik and Valkyrie in her white costume. The Shuri looks amazing and will be going on my shelf. Ghost and Luis... I wonder if Ghost's face plate is removable and Luis includes the shrunken building with the pull handle, too bad the Hot Wheels case couldn't happen... I don't normally buy villains but the new Hela and Skurge pack is calling...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:13 pm 
An Insider

That Hulk set is a must, and I'm liking that Juggernaut/Colossus set too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm 
Cold-cast

So it turns out the 80th anniversary Alex Ross Iron Man will be a a good classic Iron Man, just have to throw out that Alex Ross head because it's hideous.
Sure I wish they had put a horned helmet alt head in there instead, but still pretty darn excited about it. I bet that horned head will show up at some point. And if this mold is as solid as it looks I'm sure they'll make a Silver Centurion and a Stealth armor our of it. I hope they put the effort into each of them in terms of new needed parts. It's pretty rare anyone makes the small changes to the classic armor to make the Stealth version besides painting it dark blue.
And of course, it's getting pretty close to the time you need to put out an Iron Man 2020!

Besides that, Mr. Sinister is the highlight of the show for me. That thing drips with personality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Picked up the regular Captain Marvel the other day and it didn't hit me until I changed the head that the suit goes all the way up the neck on that version... The face is kinda "blank", too, not that the other head is any more expressive... I wonder how hard it would be to change out torsos with the jacket version? Not that I want to spend that much extra to "fix" something like that... then again I do want a Goose... sigh...

Saw Mystique a couple of days later but left her behind because they had Bizarro and that was the priority that day... Seeing that half-blue Rogue head in the package made me think... how cool would it be if they made her with thermo-chromatic plastic (like the Zartan of old) so that she could go from looking human to full-on Mystique? The whole figure could be done that way... the skin tone, the hair, the dress... sure, it would still look like the same sculpt but having a full color change like that would be amazing... I know that MLs aren't aimed at kids but that would be a cool "action" feature that wouldn't require engineering a mechanism... You, know, I think that same thing would be cool if Super7 could pull that off on a Faker figure to go from normal He-Man to classic Faker... hmmm...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 am 
An Insider

That's an interesting idea, both for Mystique & Faker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12