Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Iron Man figures are actually pretty cool
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:57 am 
Damage Control

I told myself I wasnt going to do this, but I did it. I know I wanted to, but I didnt think I would...but I did. I bought movie action figures...again.

Iron Man debuts soon and Ive noticed the figures for about two weeks on the shelves/pegs. I checked out Mike Crawford's review and then the craving started...damn you Michael....great review. I picked up the MkI,II and Iron Monger and I gotta tell you, not the worse figures ever, actually they are pretty cool and yes...I will be getting the others eventually to make an Iron man Hall of Suits. Im impressed with the decent articulation and the details, all are pretty solid. Some discrepancies with the ball joints skicking to certain appendages, but after a while and some play, it gets to where you want it.

I was disappointed with Crawford's review of the large IRON MAN figure, the launching repulsor feature sucks, it should have just been a big action figure like the MARVEL ICONS, but I wont let them from letting me ponder getting it. The paint job looks amazing.

The child's mask and repulsor launcher look cool, too bad the other half of the mask for the back of the head doesnt come with it or even an iron man helmet like transformers and dr who, I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

Anyways, the new figures are cool, dont be too hasty to blow them off. The line is actually pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:41 am 
Bob Vila

This actually belongs in the Hasbro forum, and I think there's a thread about these there. But I agree with you, and if I bought movie figures, I'd buy these.

Post subject: Iron Man movie figs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm 
5th Horseman

I typically don't purchase movie figures due to poor sculpt quality. Especially for Marvel Movies (with some exceptions, like the first movie Spider-Man). The X-Men figures have pretty much been terrible. Most of the Spider-Man figures aren't great, but... like you I had an itch for the Iron Man line.

Thus far, I've only purchased one. The Tony Stark w/ Snap on Armor. Not too much articulation, the Robert Downey Head sculpt is kind of wonky, the arms can only be moved just so or the shoulder pieces pop off. Also, there seems to be some kind of worthless gimmicky function with his chest and a button in the back involving a mystery piece, that I haven't quite figured out yet. (If anybody does figure this out, PLEASE let me in on it!)

All in all though, it looks pretty awesome just standing on the shelf. I'll more than likely purchase more and go from there. Next priorities: Mark 01, and Mark 03.

:wink: