Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Sunfire was easy here. I got multiple Psylockes for customs. Gladiator finally thinned out a few weeks ago but Namor is still hanging around. Then there is Alco. They still have the wave they opened their doors with, at $14 to $18 each, depending on which week you are in there. If I could get a good sale on these, they will price match. I have another custom I want to do but need Gladiator, so of course everyone else still has him but I don't.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Cold-cast

stewbacca wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Did we ever get the Ant-man/Moonknight comic set?

Not yet-- and someone I think dropped like 850 or something for the one that did appear on ebay

It was $200 and they guy who bought it hangs out on toyark. Someone bought the juggernaut without helmet comic pack around the same time from the same seller for $250. He must be crying now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:12 pm 
Cold-cast

Not sure anyone cares, but I found a pretty easy "fix" to mockingbird. Her poofy sleeves I mean. I had intended to return my Inhumans set due to some paint issues, but after looking at them, I had an idea. So I popped Blackbolts hands off, stole his glove backs, turned them around and popped them on Mockingbird. Viola, poofy sleeves. If you have an extra Blackbolt laying around, I highly recommend it. I think it adds a lot to Mockingbird and is incredibly simple.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 am 
MINT!

After checking recent prices on eBay, I think I'm gonna stop collecting this line. I was lucky to have picked up Ms. Marvel, Firestar, and black panther when I did.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:17 am 
3 3/4"

So leading into Toyfair after finishing up my Favorite 1;18th figures of 2012 ( http://www.zedsjoesite.com/favorite/fav2012/20121.html shameless plug) I figured I would wrap up the week with the latest Marvel Universe wave of figures.

This time around I look at Herc, Angel, Nighthawk, Nova, and Puck.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/muchamp/muchamp.html

Enjoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:05 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Any guesses for what we'll see at Toyfair for this line?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am 
MINT!

zedhatch wrote:

So leading into Toyfair after finishing up my Favorite 1;18th figures of 2012 ( http://www.zedsjoesite.com/favorite/fav2012/20121.html shameless plug) I figured I would wrap up the week with the latest Marvel Universe wave of figures.

This time around I look at Herc, Angel, Nighthawk, Nova, and Puck.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/muchamp/muchamp.html

Enjoy

Thoughts on this theory: Did they intentionally skimp on Hercules' skirt? I mean he has more coverage in just about every single image of him. He's wearing a banana hammock on this fig, looking like he's ready to perform at some bachelorette party or something. I think he needs a plastic coverup ;)

Otherwise I love this wave. Every fig is on my want list (and my son's).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

texgnome1 wrote:
Any guesses for what we'll see at Toyfair for this line?

No idea. Maybe some Iron man characters to tie into the new movie?

At this point, I'm just hoping they aren't skimping on the articulation like they are for IM3.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm 

The only reason I want Herc is the Champions, but I need 4 or 6 Angels for customs.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 am 
Cold-cast

I must be behind but did you hear this from Marvel:

“‘The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ won’t be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series ‘Marvel’s Avengers Assemble’ in 2013.”

That so sucks, i really like it and it was becoming my version of JLU. I liked how they had other chracters on their and mad eMs Marvel apart of the group. What a huge mistake they are making.

As for new MU, wave 21 first, then wave 20 mass us release (prof x wave), then they showed mysterio, elektra at SDCC and read somewhere about a Death's Head figure. But i think between wave 20/21 we have enough to carry us to SDCC. But i'm wondering what they are thinking. If the line dies i will be sad but part of me feels it will be a welcomed relief because its becoming profoundly harder to collect this line, way harder then JLU and that is saying something. Thier quality is really dropping. Poor paint and Quality control. Especially the thigh cut/articulation joint. the last few figures have almost all of them with huge gaps inbetween them, some look like they will pop off in package. I wish they got rid of thse thigh cuts, its more trouble then its worth imo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:25 am 
MINT!

Agreed on the thigh cuts. When they loosen up, its going to make it a b*tch to pose too. I don't mind more articulation, but either do it right or keep to the standard joint count from earlier in the line at least. I notice that the plastic is different too. Not just the texture but the quality. Arms and legs sections are much more bendy, so it give a more flimsy feel. Oh well. If they keep making them, I'll keep buying them. it's like pizza and sex, even when it's bad...its good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

According to toy news international we can expect Rhino, Cap, Mysterio, Elektra, Baron Zemo, Cloak, Dagger, A-bomb, Colossus (Juggy outfit), Emma, Valkerie, and Skurge.

I guess it's time to update the old MU female and villains lists. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:31 pm 

I checked Target, TRU and Walmart this afternoon. I live in a barren wasteland.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm 
shirtless hugger

LordMudd wrote:
I checked Target, TRU and Walmart this afternoon. I live in a barren wasteland.

CCC.

You are not the only one. I think there are two Absorbing Mans at Wal-Mart, the other two WMs have nothing. Target has a bunch of older stuff. TRU has a few older things. Nothing new here in many many months.

And this line is still continuing with some good new stuff! Better late than never, I guess. I finally found the Thor/Iron Man/Red Hulk 3-pack this past week, at both Target (for $27!) and TRU. I passed on it because it was kinda weak, but I know some people had found them six months ago. That is just way too damn long to slowly trickle out to retail.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm 
MINT!

That Thor team pack in the TF2013 gallery is pretty cool. In fact, all the new figures look great for the most part. (Fingers crossed that the Cyke/Emma/(?)Colossus pack has the Astonishing look.) Now if only they'd actually get released and into my collection. Muahahaha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355 ... 406  Next