Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I think I'm just in a very rabid collector area. Metro Atlanta is pretty densely populated, and I have tons of Targets within close proximity (I think it's 18 now within 20 miles). I have 9 Walmarts and 5 TRUs in that same radius. I'm still fairly unlucky when it comes to hunting over the last 18-24 months. I'd say 75-80% of what I've gotten over that time frame has come from e-tailers and trades.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm 
Mint on Card

alcinde4 wrote:
I think I'm just in a very rabid collector area. Metro Atlanta is pretty densely populated, and I have tons of Targets within close proximity (I think it's 18 now within 20 miles). I have 9 Walmarts and 5 TRUs in that same radius. I'm still fairly unlucky when it comes to hunting over the last 18-24 months. I'd say 75-80% of what I've gotten over that time frame has come from e-tailers and trades.

I picked up Elektra and Mysterio from my local LCS. I saw Cap a few times at Target. I saw Rhino once. Other than that never saw mysterio or Elektra at retail.
I've only seen Iron Man at retail. I picked up grey hulk and Cloak on HTS. And now with this latest wave I got lucky going in when it opened today but that's cause I have a target across the street from my office the Walmarts I've gone to only one still carried MU. And they only have the absorbing man a couple of Hercs and a Nighthawk. The TRUs I frequent none of them have any single packs except one that has the same namor.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 am 
The Last Word

Shellhead wrote:
Joes crashed hard after wave two. Still haven't seen a Night Viper, Jinx, or Blind Master.
Yeah, I wouldn't have any of those if I hadn't ordered them online.

alcinde4 wrote:
There isn't a great deal of collector competition here in Charlotte, so with all those Big Box stores, it seems to work out usually. With the recent JOEs only showing up at TRU, though, that's a different story. We have two in the suburbs, neither of which is very good about really stocking up on anything. Both have JOE collectors who live much closer than I do, so they're checking more frequently. There's another store that's brand new, very nice, and way better with the selection of product available, but it's way out in Squeallikeapigville. I'd rather pay more, so I've only been once, and that was just because I was passing it on the interstate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:46 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

PHX is very sprawling, especially east to west. It is easily 75 miles across. It is too big to admit to cover the whole area, so collectors pretty much settle into their quadrant and hunker down. Fortunately the East Valley area is the most established and therefore has the most stores. We also get new Targets and Walmarts opening up on a fairly regular basis since the area is growing, and I think that really helps move inventory.

Still, stuff slips through the cracks.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

South Jersey has NOTHING as far as MU is concerned. We see some initial waves of new stuff once, maybe twice. Once they sell through it's just peg warmers and nothing else till a new assortment. When I went to Florida that was all different!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:20 am 

Some Russian goodness!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm 
Mint on Card

Cool Van.
I like the fact that i finally have Omega Red to go with Maverick, Sabretooth and Wolvie from one the early Xmen issues by Jim Lee from the adjective less Xmen from the 90s

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm 

I'm looking to set up a display of Black Widow, Red Star and the Oktober Guard against Omega Red!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm 
MINT!

Van Statten wrote:
I'm looking to set up a display of Black Widow, Red Star and the Oktober Guard against Omega Red!

Don't forget Red Guardian! http://cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_Captain ... triots.asp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 pm 
Mint on Card

Red Guardian and Crimson Dynamo. If we are going the Soviet Super Soldier route.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:41 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Shellhead wrote:
PHX is very sprawling, especially east to west. It is easily 75 miles across. It is too big to admit to cover the whole area, so collectors pretty much settle into their quadrant and hunker down. Fortunately the East Valley area is the most established and therefore has the most stores. We also get new Targets and Walmarts opening up on a fairly regular basis since the area is growing, and I think that really helps move inventory.

Still, stuff slips through the cracks.

As is Houston, but it is more Walmarts than Targets, and nothing in the middle, meaning a long drive to go outside your zone.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 pm 

Nitewing73 wrote:
Red Guardian and Crimson Dynamo. If we are going the Soviet Super Soldier route.

Red Guardian, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Colossus, Magik (custom), and Omega Red. Still looking for the right figures for Darkstar, Vanguard, Ursa Major, and maybe Unicorn. Going to use a Puck for Gremlin.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 pm 
Cold-cast

LordMudd wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:
Found the latest wave at Target this morning I went in right after
They opened. Pick up the entire wave Aurora, Nightcrawler, Omega Red and the Black Knight. They only have one of each.

Thanks.

I went by Target and TRU last night because TRU gets trucks on TUE and Thur nights. Found nothing new. Went back tonight and scored Aurora, Dagger, Omega Red, and Black Knight. Passed on Zemo (X2), Grey Hulk, and Warpath. Second Dagger score at retail.

Also saw IM2 concept wave figures at CVS in the Xmas toy section.

CCC.

Okay a bit confused. So you say you found the new mu at TRU? Dagger is not in the Aurora wave. So you found a dagger at tru and the aurora wave? What about nightcrawler?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 pm 

Zim wrote:
Okay a bit confused. So you say you found the new mu at TRU? Dagger is not in the Aurora wave. So you found a dagger at tru and the aurora wave? What about nightcrawler?

TRU gets trucks on Tue and Thur nights. They are right next door to Target. I went to TRU on Wed and walked over to Target while I was there. Found nothing. Saw the above report on Thur so went back to Target and scored. No Nightcrawler. Possible someone got him that day before I got there.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 pm 
Mint on Card

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-uni ... 6&ID=32383

So I was scanning the MU listings on HTS and I noticed they changed picture of Cloak with Dagger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 ... 406  Next