Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 406  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:12 pm 
shirtless hugger

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Yeah, I decided it wasn't worth stirring anything up. But, really, you do want to dance.

Oh, and thanks for putting me in my place.

Caped Crusader is incredibly arrogant, but he's always right. I'm with CC on his comments regarding DCIH: The line just looks cheap. I was excited until I saw them in person.

Anyway, I feel that Hasbro's Star Wars is the best line at this scale, but this line certainly has a strong start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:33 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Oh my !! I'd seen this pics many times but i never realized they were from a 3" scale figures...they do look really cool..seems i came a tad late to the party..and apolagize for the question but when is this line suppose to hit retail? is it this year?...have they talked about prices?..looking forward fot it

Post subject: ML shrank!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

As a strong crittic of Hasbro and their general approach to Marvel Legends since day 1, I will admit this scale seems to be a fomat they excel in, but I can't help but wonder why they can do this good with the 3 3/4" items, while doing so poorly on the 6" scale stuff? :?

Logicly, the 6" stuff should be easier to add detail to and mass produce as such, which only leads me to believe they've been deliberately slacking off on the bigger items so they could have a good excuse to move it to this format, that they are already more familliar with.
Never mind that they can now charge as much for these as we used to pay for the 6" items. :roll:

The IH line is horrible. Not much competition there.
SHSD stuff would have been a great line if it had not been for the extra price hike over the "game" they were made for.

While I personally have no desire to start a smaller scale collection, it looks like this will be my only choice to get any "good" Marvel based action figures. It would be nice if I could shrink my entire collection down to fit this scale, because it would sure be a lot easier to manage!

At any rate, these do look pretty nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:23 pm 
Knows his stuff

Nice figures, but I will only collect a few of them here & there of the ones I like. 8)

Post subject: Re: ML shrank!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:35 pm 
Infinite Hero

KingKnuckleDragger wrote:

In your opinion.

There's plenty of folks (such as myself) who like (or even love) the DCU:IH line, and from most reports seems to be moving briskly.

As far as competition, there really isn't any.

Most people are going to choose MU or IH simply because the sculpts or articulation is better in one line over the other. Most people are fans of either the comic book universes and/or the characters and will buy accordingly.

Many (again, such as myself) are fans of both and will happily buy both lines.

If you don't like 'em, hey, that's cool. Just remember one man's trash is another man's treasure.

J

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject: InHuman figures get panned.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

HalJordanist wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
Beast wrote:
They are waaaaaaaay better than the IH lines. Better sculpts, more articulation, better paintjobs. Hell, the IH line uses almost nothing but bucks with different decos. Sculpted details are where it's at. And the ball-joint is fine, it gives them superhero articulation. And low expectations? 3 3/4" is what Hasbro does best. Just look at Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and Indiana Jones. great stuff there.

Absolutely. The 25th Anniversary G.I. JOE figures are THE best 3¾" line of action figures ever produced, and one of the best lines in any scale. The design team seems to have taken the same approach with this Marvel line, and it will be all the better for it. Hasbro sets the standard in that size, and no one else - especially Mattel - even comes close. I'm a much bigger fan of DC than of Marvel, and I love the JLU line, but I wouldn't want those Infinite Heroes figures if they were free. I might actually buy a few of these, just because they're crafted exactly how modern 3¾" figures should be.

Agreed. The DCIH figures like like crappy customs. The paint is sloppy, and the sculpts are bland... no accessories thus far in anything released that I've seen.

Hasbro definitely has my interest piqued here!

Yeah, in my opinion, and these 3 other opinions, and quite a few other opinions not on this forum, and even more opinions not online...
Need I go on?

I'm a living Paradox when it comes to the DCUC stuff, because I love what MATTEL did with the line, and I'm not a DC fan, but I'm buying most of the first sets.
If the IH line were actually on par with their own 6" stuff, or even with the Hasbro 3 3/4" items, I would have no reason to say they are horrible.
Seriously, Superman with hands as big as his own head, is not a good design by any stretch of the imagination.

I realize there are people who will collect it all, regardless of how it looks, but I'm not one of those people. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I will continue to collect DCIH beacuse I for one wish everything would go back to this level of articulation -(and the associated pricepoint) too much kills the sculpt and makes them much more fragile-- (ie wrist joints on SW figs)

At most I would add two more joints to DCIH-- I have yet to figure who the hell needs a torso joint except to help balance the weight to make a figure stand on pointless ankle joints.

I will get the marvel too because as stated before this is the scale thats my favorite and the only way I can get my favorite characters in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm 
shirtless hugger

stewbacca wrote:
At most I would add two more joints to DCIH-- I have yet to figure who the hell needs a torso joint except to help balance the weight to make a figure stand on pointless ankle joints.

Batman needs a torso joint. How else can Bane break him? :wink:

Post subject: Re: ML shrank!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm 
Bob Vila

Jeff Cope wrote:
KingKnuckleDragger wrote:

In your opinion.

There's plenty of folks (such as myself) who like (or even love) the DCU:IH line, and from most reports seems to be moving briskly.

As far as competition, there really isn't any.

Most people are going to choose MU or IH simply because the sculpts or articulation is better in one line over the other. Most people are fans of either the comic book universes and/or the characters and will buy accordingly.

Many (again, such as myself) are fans of both and will happily buy both lines.

If you don't like 'em, hey, that's cool. Just remember one man's trash is another man's treasure.

J

I've been hating these as much as anyone, but I picked up a few over the weekend, after striking out on the new JLU packs... and I like 'em. They could be better, and they don't look like they will be as nice as the Marvel ones, but they're not bad. Can't beat the price, at least. So anyway, Jeff, looks like you've got a convert here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:58 am 
Resin

I'm pretty fluent in the Marvel U and I don't remember every one of their characters being freaking aliens! A good number of these things look really ridiculous. And Iron man looks like one of those weird Galactic Heroes figures. Yeah, the Star Wars line is pretty great but these are nothing like it. I've dealt with Hasbro's extreme articulation before and I know that if I want to pose these in any way other then as an androgynous member of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust band then I'm out of luck.

IMHO of course.

Oh Yeah, DCIH RULES!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 am 
The Last Word

BertDert wrote:
And Iron man looks like one of those weird Galactic Heroes figures.

Yeah, sculpted details are just terrible. And what's with his hands? They're not twice the size of his head, or anything.

Mattel definitely has its audience with DCIH, I'll say that much for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:36 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Freaking aliens? Iron Man's a galactic hero figure?
And extreme articulation? What? Necessary articulation is more like it.
You need to lay off the cough syrup my friend. Seriously. I worry.

And speaking of articulation... I guess that Mattel got so badly schooled by Hasbro in the 3 3/4" scale that they're scrambling to fix the Infinite Heroes line before it dies a horrible screaming death at retail. Which may happen anyway, given the lack of A-Listers for the kiddies to buy.

But back to articulation...

Starting in 2009 the figures will go from their current design of minimal articulation to something more akin to the Hasbro MU figures. They'll have ball jointed elbows and knees and possibly hips, as well as ankle and wrist joints. No word on if they'll be getting balljointed heads or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:24 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

To me ball jointed hips are one of the worst articulations created (well except for that mid thigh joint - that when you turn makes the leg looks like a square peg in a round hole).

that joint is only useful if you have vehicles to put them in. THey rarely turn easily and usually get stuck however they are posed at the factory--- Shanna Im looking at you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:43 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Caped Crusader wrote:
Yeah, sculpted details are just terrible.

Not hard to hide articulation on Iron Man. Why not reference Silver Surfer or Iron Fist?

No, DCIH are not sculpted perfection. No need, though, to belittle the opinions of those of us who actually like the simple quaint old school / slightly kitschy feel of these figures. The world's big enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
Yeah, sculpted details are just terrible.

Not hard to hide articulation on Iron Man. Why not reference Silver Surfer or Iron Fist?

No, DCIH are not sculpted perfection. No need, though, to belittle the opinions of those of us who actually like the simple quaint old school / slightly kitschy feel of these figures. The world's big enough...

Apperantly Mattel doesn't care about your opinion of them....

Given that they're actually going to improve the line so it no longer sucks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 406  Next