Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 405  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:37 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

What is the allure of Baghead Spidey? Is he that cool? I like Spidey as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't buy this figure.

Or is he just in high demand for customizers?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

He's a figure I never thought I'd get. I loved Amazing 258 and think it's cool they made this one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It is a cool idea but I think it also is because of the release schedule as FF Spidey was released first or at least in more quantity. Same thing as Phasing Vision and Dark Red Daredevil that everyone freaked out over and paid a premium for at first until they were all over the place later on. Having a little patience with this line can save you some $$ for sure.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

ian5555 wrote:
It is a cool idea but I think it also is because of the release schedule as FF Spidey was released first or at least in more quantity. Same thing as Phasing Vision and Dark Red Daredevil that everyone freaked out over and paid a premium for at first until they were all over the place later on. Having a little patience with this line can save you some $$ for sure.

Target just had a sale, about $2 off on MU last week. This week I went in and they had Juggernaut, Yellowjacket, Dark Hawkeye, etc. that were not there during the sale. :evil:

CCC.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

ian5555 wrote:
Cool story bro, needs more dragons.

I really don't understand what you are referencing to, is this some sort of geek talk.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:23 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

LordMudd wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

Target just had a sale, about $2 off on MU last week. This week I went in and they had Juggernaut, Yellowjacket, Dark Hawkeye, etc. that were not there during the sale. :evil:

CCC.

Hmmm that is weird, I was in one of my Targets last week buying action figures for my nephews for Christmas and they were not on sale. Star Wars was though. Target is kinda infamous for that. Have a sale to get rid of their peg warmers, then get a bunch of new figures in. Not a bad thing to do though imo but I can understand how it could be frustrating.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

ian5555 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

Hmmm that is weird, I was in one of my Targets last week buying action figures for my nephews for Christmas and they were not on sale. Star Wars was though. Target is kinda infamous for that. Have a sale to get rid of their peg warmers, then get a bunch of new figures in. Not a bad thing to do though imo but I can understand how it could be frustrating.

It happens to me all the time. I've grown to expect it.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 pm 

I couldn't prove anything but the paranoid schizophrenic in me thinks:

"Boss, we got a new case of these."
"Ok, put those on sale and keep these back here until the sale is over."

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:25 pm 
Hat Pooper

tanglevine wrote:
and on that note, I was at a local Target and Wal-Mart this morning. The nearly 9 month long MU drought might be over. Both stores were jammed with the Kraven/Beast/Beta Ray Bill and She-Hul/Kang/ Scarlet Witch waves.

I was lucky and found the lone Professor X and Jubilee at the same Wal-Mart about a week ago. I'm hoping whatever the hold up has been with these figs, that Habro gets it straightened out. If the line is ending, I sure hope they get that 90's Rogue out first.

I was in Walmart yesterday, their action figure section is still 1/3 of one side of one aisle, they don't carry Marvel Universe at all and it still looks like they haven't stocked at all. I got a picture of how pathetic they are that I might get around to posting one of these days.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:09 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

My Walmart it's 2/3 the whole aisle. One whole side is action figure, mainly Marvel films, Marvel Universe/ Legends/ DC/ Batman/ Star Wars and then the other side is wrestling, TMNT, Transformers and then random action figures and then Nerf stuff.

Target has a full aisle on both sides of action figures in my area.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 pm 

It might help to be a bit more clear about what defines an aisle. I have access to multiple stores and they have varying layouts. All have figure aisles the same length but one has a cross aisle splitting it halfway down and another has non action figure toys on one side of the aisle.

CCC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 pm 

An aisle is an aisle, those cross sections in various stores are for stores who are take over stores where the typical standard layouts don't work. So I'm speaking of the typical aisle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 am 

Not true. In store 1 they have the cross aisle. It is the largest toy section of the 3 stores and is in the back. The aisle is about 30 feet long, but then loses about 4 feet on each side in the middle. Store 2 has a 40 foot long aisle, but only on 1 side. It is in the front of the store by cosmetics and is half the size of store 1's section. Store 3 has theirs in the back, is about the same size as store 1, and has no cross aisle, but due to location does not maintain their stock as well. Overall, store 3 has the most designated space, followed by store 1, then store 2.

CCC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:20 am 

Mudd I have no damn idea then, I can only go with what I know about retail layouts. There is probably a design reason, a zoning reason or access reason for that variation... hell it could even be down to traffic flow through but that's unlikely in the store you are talking about but regardless that cross section is NOT standard. All stores follow one basic layout that only ever becomes altered for specific in store reasons. The idea is for all stores to be the same and uniformed. So when I say aisle I mean a full non intersected aisle. Done, end of story.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Guys, so everyone has a fair chance of getting the figures he/she wants. I decided to cut my reserve of the Hercules wave and box sets down to two at Impulse Creations. I don't know but someone on here or another AF Forum site may just buy his/her kids Marvel Action figures from IC to avoid the hustle of the stores and wasting of gas and the cheaper prices. I can just wait and buy some more later for customs. I also want to apologize for my outbursts, alot of my outbursts. I sometimes forget to take my meds. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 405  Next