Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I doubt it. Stores don't go through that much trouble in my experience to try and screw people out of a few dollars. If they get it on a truck and it doesn't have a date stamp on it barring them from selling it prior to that date, its most likely going on the floor. Having a sale to get rid of backstock when you know you are getting a lot more in is different and a good plan imo.

They want all toys they have out in the isles this time of year.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

ian5555 wrote:
I doubt it. Stores don't go through that much trouble in my experience to try and screw people out of a few dollars. If they get it on a truck and it doesn't have a date stamp on it barring them from selling it prior to that date, its most likely going on the floor. Having a sale to get rid of backstock when you know you are getting a lot more in is different and a good plan imo.

They want all toys they have out in the isles this time of year.

Yeah, well, you have your opinion and I have my conspiracy theory. :mrgreen:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm 
Hat Pooper

LordMudd wrote:
Well I'm betting it is all in the store back rooms waiting for the Christmas madhouse to clean out the pegs so they don't have to put any of it on clearance.

CCC.

They haven't put any of it on clearance so far, a lot of this stuff has been on the pegs since last Christmas. My wife and I went into Target and were looking at the Marvel Universe figures and she was saying "this is the same stuff I saw here last year, don't they ever stock?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:57 pm 

I was in TRU tonight. Marvel was BOGO 1/2 off, but nothing left worth getting. Just a half dozen Namors.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:07 pm 
Cold-cast

Toywiz seriously charges for even preorders and they will cancel an order on you to sell it on ebay for more. As for HTS i have not seen wave 20-prof x wave at all. I keep missing it. I wish they would just do a preorder. Apart form walmart has any one spotted this wave at retail?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 am 
Mint on Card

Didn't realize my comic shop got the new wave of MU figures so I missed out on Prof X and Jubilee. He still has Blaastar so I may go back and get him.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 pm 
3 3/4"

Just calling this "through the cracks to cover all the stuff I have missed the past year or two and overall doesn't fit into one catagory.

Part 1

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/crack1/mucrack1.html

Movie Thor Helmet, Skaar, Scarlett Spider, Psylocke, and Spidey Line Lizard get a look.

Part 2 AKA Super-Villan team up

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/crack2/mucrack2.html

Namor, Delkuxe Frost Giant, Magneto, Single Pack Absorbing Man and SP Dr. Doom

Part 3

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/crack3/mucrack3.html

Falcon, commander Rogers, Astonishing Wolverine, Power Man and Iron Fist

Part 4: Multipackapolusa.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/crack4/mucrack4.html

Goliath and Clor Gigantic Battles, X-Force 3-pack.

Hope you all enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm 

zedhatch wrote:

Just calling this "through the cracks to cover all the stuff I have missed the past year or two and overall doesn't fit into one catagory.

Part 1

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/crack1/mucrack1.html

Movie Thor Helmet, Skaar, Scarlett Spider, Psylocke, and Spidey Line Lizard get a look.
Hope you all enjoy.

I happen to like the reuse of the female body. My first superhero customs were Secret Wars and the sameness was what made so much possible. I have customed several Marvel Girl/Phoenix/Psylocke figures. I also recently did a Power Princess from a She Hulk and used an extra sash from one of these.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am 
Mint on Card

Target has these on sale this week for 6.99. Along with Avengers, TMNT as well.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:38 pm 
3 3/4"

This is a look back at Toybiz's Superhero Showdown Line, I've split this one into 4 parts covering a the few I still own, good bad and ungly so enjoy this look back and an attempt to pull back some myths about this legendary line.

Part one deals with several comparisons to MU and the Fantastic Four. Enjoy

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/shs/shs1.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm 

I now have Beast and Mole Man. Might like to get Doc Ock too. Most of the others have been adequately redone.

Went to Target today. Tags said reg. $9.99, on sale $7.99, but they scanned at $6.99.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:24 am 
3 3/4"

LordMudd wrote:
I now have Beast and Mole Man. Might like to get Doc Ock too. Most of the others have been adequately redone.

Went to Target today. Tags said reg. $9.99, on sale $7.99, but they scanned at $6.99.

CCC.

While many of them are in later parts, characters like .Thor, Venom, etc have yet to be adadequately redone at all. in this part Thing exemplifties that point

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 am 
Mint on Card

Some of the overseas Ebay sellers are starting to get the Nova, Hercules, Puck, Angel and Nighthawk wave. I couldn't wait so I picked up Nova. Will still get another one when I see one locally.If MU ended (which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon), I'll be happy cause I was able to get a Nova. I hope I get more of the New Warriors.

I can't wait to get Nighthawk. I hope they do a Hyperion soon since they are doing one in ML. I know it's not the same Squadron Supreme Nighthawk but I'll use him as a stand in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:37 am 

Nitewing73 wrote:
Some of the overseas Ebay sellers are starting to get the Nova, Hercules, Puck, Angel and Nighthawk wave. I couldn't wait so I picked up Nova. Will still get another one when I see one locally.If MU ended (which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon), I'll be happy cause I was able to get a Nova. I hope I get more of the New Warriors.

I can't wait to get Nighthawk. I hope they do a Hyperion soon since they are doing one in ML. I know it's not the same Squadron Supreme Nighthawk but I'll use him as a stand in.

I hope you got to check out the Dr. Spectrum and Power Princess customs I posted up in my custom thread.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am 
Mint on Card

LordMudd wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:

I hope you got to check out the Dr. Spectrum and Power Princess customs I posted up in my custom thread.

CCC.

Hey LordMudd,
I do remember the Dr. Spectrum. I'll have to check out your customs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 406  Next