Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 404  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Missed the X- Men Again...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:58 am 
active in the community

Ended up getting the glowing hands variant of Blastaar in my pre-order for that wave. This is the first time I've received the variant as a random selection, and it's kinda nice even though this is not a particularly rare figure. Jubilee is fine, and Professor X is flat-out great (if only he came with a mini Cerebro.)

The WCA set isn't blowing me away (mostly cuz they seem like slightly missed opportunities for something really cool), but the Inhuman set is just neat by virtue of the characters represented and X-Men set is surprisingly great (esp considering that I'm not a huge Longshot fan and that era of Rogue is a tad too '90s for me.) Still, all the X-Men figs are nice repaints with some cool deco.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Yeah, I got the glowing arm Blastaar, too.

Sadly, I want the regular version. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 am 
Brand Manager

I finally found this case last night at my WM. Had to pallet dive because the kid who works at the distro center is big into Marvel Universe and has left hte repacks from this case at like 10 stores. He knows when they ship cause he loads the pallets but I been going at night finally got these. Though my cards were creased as seems to be the case with 90% of new Marvel Universe. My case 2 Prof X, 2 Jubilee ( left one with horrible pain) 2 Blastaars ( 1 variant and 1 regular). Nice little wave love Prof X and if anybody wants my regular Blastaar I am dying for a miles Spidey or Baghead but also need the phasing vision variant. Marvel Universe is slowing to a crawl these days but man when they make new ones they are out of this world!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 am 

It's a great line, but it is starting to get hard to collect. They've already reached pretty deep into the universe (Inhumans? :shock: ), but it would be nice to have it last several more years.

But I really wonder if a non-movie/TV show line can survive in this marketplace?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 am 
3 3/4"

Rouge, Longshot, Professor X get a look at today, so does Wolverine, kind of.

Enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/xmenset/xmenset.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
Cold-cast

PBateman wrote:
I finally found this case last night at my WM. My case 2 Prof X, 2 Jubilee ( left one with horrible pain) 2 Blastaars ( 1 variant and 1 regular). I am dying for a miles Spidey or Baghead

This case had baghead spiderman 100% and possibly mile morales, did you not see it? Did you have access to the whole case unopened? Do you remember the breakdown? Last year's case had 2 prof x, 2 jubilee, 1 reg blastaar, 1 fire hands blastaar, bag head spiderman, Beta Ray Bill, Spiderman Unlimited (either morales or blk/white), Silver Surfer, Psylocke and new sculpt incredible hulk.

Would be interesting to know if they changed the case pack.

So it looks like there are 2 cases shipping at the same time wave 20 (angel) and wave 21 (prof x). Why does Hasbro do this!

Edit: If you have proof this kid is doing what you say, you should get his name and report him. Walmart frowns on such behaviour.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I think you are getting your Spider-man variants mixed up Zim. Also I don't think that case had Baghead Spider-man 100%.

This is the case breakdown.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Miles was randomly inserted for Spider-man Unlimited just as he was during the Kraven wave.

Baghead Spider-man was random for the Shattered Dimension Spider-man just as he was during the Scarlet Witch wave.

I have seen all of them online multiple times. Miles was like $7.99 at Sci-Fi for like a month but I wasn't interested in him. I got a couple Baghead SM through them though. HTS had the Baghead Spider-man in stock (at least the pic showed it) but when I received the 2 I ordered they sent Shattered Dimension SM. I called them and they just refunded the $$ and told me to keep the figures.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 am 
Brand Manager

I opened and stocked the left overs, trust me NO MILES , NO BAGHEAD ! I personally have seen over 20 Death Mask Archangel, over 30 Astral Stranges, and other variants at retail but not 1 single Baghead or Miles. They are harder to find simply based on the fact that stores are getting 1 maybe 2 cases at a time not like the old days where if they sold well they ordered like 5 cases.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 am 
Cold-cast

Wow! I was so sure baghead was in that case. It seemed from all the cases floating around in other parts of the world then on HTS (when they changed the pic) that it was a constant I know miles was hit or miss. I guess Mattel isn't the only one playing games with its collectors. Honestly why don't they just use the 12 case pack to pack out all the new ones and variants and use HTS for older figures for others to catch up. This way new product gets to market in sufficient quanitites with newer collectors being able to comfortably get older figures.

I have miles if anyone wants to trade for bag head, PM.

One question when HTS changed the pic, was you order at the begining or towards the end just before they changed it back?

Well, let's hope that it shows in case shipping to online stores or to say TRU like the did with the all metal variant of absorbing man.

Serious short packing Angel and Bag Head SM is just ridicoulous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:40 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Zim wrote:
Honestly why don't they just use the 12 case pack to pack out all the new ones and variants and use HTS for older figures for others to catch up. This way new product gets to market in sufficient quanitites with newer collectors being able to comfortably get older figures.

Because they have stated several times- although they have the same parent company- they are entirely different entitites-- HTS is supposedly just like every other online store out there-- they order through the same distribution channels as EE or BBTS-- they supposedly dont get any special treatment-- they dont get items any faster (it just may get to their D/C quicker- since all they are dealing with is Hasbro toys)-- They have to treat it like a real storefront that has to make money-- why would you saddle yourself with clunkers if you could avoid it as well..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 am 

With you on Angel, but Baghead Spidey is just a stupid figure.

It pains me that he took up a slot that could have gone to someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
With you on Angel, but Baghead Spidey is just a stupid figure.

It pains me that he took up a slot that could have gone to someone else.

He is the variant- he didnt really take up a slot-- If there was going to be a Spiderman no matter what (which I think there was) -- I rather that as a variant then some other minute paint change or something they usually do (like unmasked or the mask pulled up over the mouth like when he eats...)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 am 

Even as a variant there were better choices.

Captain Universe Spider-man, for one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I dunno that Spidey was pretty iconic as it was when Reed discovered the suit was a symbiote and Torch plays the joke on Spider-man by setting him up with that lame costume. Pretty funny stuff. It's too bad they didn't add the Kick Me sign on his back though. At least I don't think it is there...never opened mine up.

I think I ordered mine from HTS fairly early when they listed them.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 404  Next