Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:22 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I've been trying not to replicate my entire ML collection in the MU scale, so I've been skipping (most) of the Spider-man villains. And I was fine with the first Rhino we got. So for this wave, I just got Elektra and Cap.

But I agree, a pretty easy wave, especially since I actually found it at a Target a couple weeks ago.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:49 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I still have only seen remnants from this wave twice-- keep missing it..-- and Most of my targets are completely empty pegs for MU.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I finally saw remnants of the new wave this weekend at Target. Cap (which I got from Shellhead. Thanks! :D ), Silver Surfer and black suit Spidey. What sucks is they had 4 empty pegs for MU, but when I scanned it they had none in the back. :( Sigh. Sign of the times I guess. There was more than enough room to put 2-2 1/2 cases out there. The stores just aren't ordering enough to do that.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

stewbacca wrote:
I still have only seen remnants from this wave twice-- keep missing it..-- and Most of my targets are completely empty pegs for MU.

This is my situation, as well. I ended up buying the figures from Impulse Creations through Amazon. I got the three I wanted (Mysterio, Elektra, Rhino) for $40 including shipping. Given how obsessive I am about checking pegs when there's a new wave, the extra $8 is totally worth it for me.

Still, it'd be nice if Target would start putting these in stores in MI. The new Avengers figures (not the Happy Meal Toys) would be nice, too. I'd like to see Black Widow and Red Skull in person.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:13 pm 
shirtless hugger

I may have to go the Amazon route for Electra and Rhino. I haven't seen any new MU in these parts since Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 pm 
Displays Backwards

I found the newest figs at the overpriced Target near me. I think the figs are 11 something a piece? The reasonably priced Target had nothing but empty pegs with 9.99 price tags.

Good luck for you guys hunting! I guess I will have to wait for the revision case to get Nova (hopefully) and don't know if I will ever find the single Angel - and I haven't seen a variant figure in years - but other than that I'm all caught up. Minus the exclusive stuff. Not looking forward to hunting for Cloak or Dagger in the near future, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 am 
Mint on Card

BCYa wrote:
I found the newest figs at the overpriced Target near me. I think the figs are 11 something a piece? The reasonably priced Target had nothing but empty pegs with 9.99 price tags.

Good luck for you guys hunting! I guess I will have to wait for the revision case to get Nova (hopefully) and don't know if I will ever find the single Angel - and I haven't seen a variant figure in years - but other than that I'm all caught up. Minus the exclusive stuff. Not looking forward to hunting for Cloak or Dagger in the near future, though.

I've gotta check my Target near my office now. They are 11 something there too. Maybe will start to hit now that the resets have been completed.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:20 pm 

Well, despite me watching it like a hawk, my Target got some Series 5 figures... and all the new ones are gone. On the weird side, though, there was a Series 5 X-Force Wolverine. Does that mean I missed Baron Zemo, Cloak and Dagger, etc., as well??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm 

Apparently, yes, I did miss all the new ones. I just checked eBay, and despite BBTS's insistence that C/D would be a two-pack (on a single card, no less), they're a running-change variant set just like I had thought they were. The Cloak figure is on a Cloak/Dagger pictured card marked "Marvel Knights." There's also a Gray Hulk variant on the new Hulk base, which is pretty nice. Much better than stretch-head bug-eye Hulk from 2008.

SIGH. These are going to be a pain to get, being that the line is winding down. Hopefully the repacks sell well enough to move things along and get the new ones in past the scalpers... but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Well, maybe I didn't miss the new ones. This looks like something that's showing up on eBay as a "revision case" and features a whole bunch of peg-warmers. The list from eBay is as follows:

1x Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
1x Rhino
2x Captain America
1x Iron Spider-Man
1x Red Hulk
1x Thanos
1x Ultimate Spider-Man
1x X-Force Wolverine
1x Punisher
1x Hawkeye
1x Nova

Many of these were, to me, very desirable figures when released, but I think they're going to sit on the pegs like Gladiator. Here's hoping I'm wrong. Hey, Hasbro: try releasing the NEW figures we actually want to buy, okay? And if you're going to rerelease some, try Vision, Mary Jane, Jean Grey, Bag Head Spidey, Miles Morales Spidey, and figures like that, okay? Those would FLY off the shelves. Instead... Iron Spider-Man. AGAIN.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 pm 
MINT!

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Many of these were, to me, very desirable figures when released, but I think they're going to sit on the pegs like Gladiator. Here's hoping I'm wrong. Hey, Hasbro: try releasing the NEW figures we actually want to buy, okay? And if you're going to rerelease some, try Vision, Mary Jane, Jean Grey, Bag Head Spidey, Miles Morales Spidey, and figures like that, okay? Those would FLY off the shelves. Instead... Iron Spider-Man. AGAIN.

this is why stores don't want them anymore & they have to re-brand them into "Avengers" :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Well, despite me watching it like a hawk, my Target got some Series 5 figures... and all the new ones are gone. On the weird side, though, there was a Series 5 X-Force Wolverine. Does that mean I missed Baron Zemo, Cloak and Dagger, etc., as well??

Awww come on-- I have seen remnants of Wave 4 twice (once at Target and Once at TRU )_-- other than that the pegs are completely bare - Im talking 9 targets and 4 TRUs, -- A few Meijers and Walmarts near me have some figures (but those are mostly from the Herc wave-- everything but Nova last week)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm 
Displays Backwards

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:

I agree with you so much. I finally found Nova today from the revision, the only fig missing was Thanos. But I don't want or need any of those other figures - does anybody? And I hate that Ultimate Spider-Man figure so much - I've seen it a ton and never the Miles variant, which I had read was going to be first and easy to find - yeah right. And why the hell are there two Captain Americas in that case? And why isn't Angel coming out again in any revision case? Why didn't they just make 'em two per case in the first place? None of it makes any sense to me. It's like they want this line to fail or they have no idea what they're doing. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:11 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

All the targets around me finally restocked their Marvel U-- with that damn refresh case-- and of course the Rhino was missing at all of those locations...

Heres hoping that those others just got held up in the system...

At least Iron Spiderman is better than another Iron Man Figure in that case...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:26 pm 
Mint on Card

stewbacca wrote:
All the targets around me finally restocked their Marvel U-- with that damn refresh case-- and of course the Rhino was missing at all of those locations...

Heres hoping that those others just got held up in the system...

At least Iron Spiderman is better than another Iron Man Figure in that case...

I went to the Target across the street from my office and I found Rhino and the new Captain America. Looks like I just missed Mysterio and Elektra. Also saw Dark Hawkeye, X-Force Wolverine, Red Hulk, and Punisher.

I only picked up Rhino since this is a Target that sells the MU figures for 11.29.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:51 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Saw more or less the same at mine today.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386 ... 406  Next