Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 405  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Saw these early on (mid to late July), but they've dried up significantly since then. Lots of empty pegs at Target for MU, but either nothing in them or remnants of the Hercules wave.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:21 pm 
MINT!

Nitewing73 wrote:
stewbacca wrote:
All the targets around me finally restocked their Marvel U-- with that damn refresh case-- and of course the Rhino was missing at all of those locations...

Heres hoping that those others just got held up in the system...

At least Iron Spiderman is better than another Iron Man Figure in that case...

I went to the Target across the street from my office and I found Rhino and the new Captain America. Looks like I just missed Mysterio and Elektra. Also saw Dark Hawkeye, X-Force Wolverine, Red Hulk, and Punisher.

I only picked up Rhino since this is a Target that sells the MU figures for 11.29.

You didn't miss anything. That was one of the crappy refresh cases. No Elektra or Mysterio in that case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 am 
Mint on Card

puckace wrote:
You didn't miss anything. That was one of the crappy refresh cases. No Elektra or Mysterio in that case.

Thanks good to know. Thanks Puckace.

I'll probably pick up the Red Hulk since I don't have one.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Are people STILL looking for the Rhino wave? They have all been in stock for weeks on HTS.

Cloak/Zemo/BK wave has been on IC for the last few days but I passed at 12.99 each and they don't have all of them in stock. really want the BK most of all.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:29 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I have a bookmark that takes me to the HasbroToyShop.com : Marvel : Universe page, and none of the Rhino wave is listed. When I follow the Mysterio link that shows up occasionally, though, it turns out he IS in stock. Something's not right with HTS's navigation/search.

That IC has Cloak, Abomination, and others in stock is HUGE for me. Thanks so much for the heads-up. I'm paying more for them than I'd like, but given that it's basically the end of the line, I'm not taking any chances. I'm also not looking to haunt my local Target aisles for the next six months the way I did all summer with NO success. Of course, if IC were easier to navigate, I might look more closely there more often.

In any case, this is a clear instance of someone on the board helping the rest of us out, and I really appreciate it. You made my night. All I need at this point is Dagger, and I'll feel like I've had a fair shot at almost every figure of the entire line. That's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:31 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Nitewing73 wrote:
I'll probably pick up the Red Hulk since I don't have one.

FWIW, if you haven't seen the difference between the carded Rulk and the 3-pack Rulk, I'd strongly recommend checking. In my opinion, 3-pack Rulk (which is on the new Hulk sculpt) is vastly superior to the hunched-shouldered original. Obviously, YMMV, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

EDIT: Just to throw it out there: I'm stuck with single-card Rulk and I don't care enough about the character to spend $20 on the 3-pack to get a new one. However, had I known that a vastly superior one would eventually surface, I would have waited.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
I have a bookmark that takes me to the HasbroToyShop.com : Marvel : Universe page, and none of the Rhino wave is listed. When I follow the Mysterio link that shows up occasionally, though, it turns out he IS in stock. Something's not right with HTS's navigation/search.

That IC has Cloak, Abomination, and others in stock is HUGE for me. Thanks so much for the heads-up. I'm paying more for them than I'd like, but given that it's basically the end of the line, I'm not taking any chances. I'm also not looking to haunt my local Target aisles for the next six months the way I did all summer with NO success. Of course, if IC were easier to navigate, I might look more closely there more often.

In any case, this is a clear instance of someone on the board helping the rest of us out, and I really appreciate it. You made my night. All I need at this point is Dagger, and I'll feel like I've had a fair shot at almost every figure of the entire line. That's pretty cool.

No problem at all. Glad to help out. As far as HTS goes search for "Marvel Universe" and you should get a result of 105 figures, Rhino and the rest should all be in stock. For some reason they are not listed under the Marvel Unverse link.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 pm 

What is IC? I am not familiar with that dealer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Shellhead wrote:
What is IC? I am not familiar with that dealer.

Impulse Creations. Pretty good site. Excellent for comics, and fairly decent for figures. Usually just slightly above retail price (+10-15%).

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 am 

I'll have to scope them out.

I'm about evenly split between Amazon, BBTS, and ebay these days. Every once in a while I'll get something at Entertainment Earth, but that's about it.

While I still pick up the majority of my collection at retail, that percentage has eroded, especially over the past couple years. It used to be 80-90% retail, now it's about 60%.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Looks like the same for GI Joe retaliation figures and other items as well-- HTS category link is sucking--

Side note-- looks like SDCC Thunderbolts pack is back in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I just bought an Exclusive Nick Fury complete unopened off Ebay for under 30 bucks. I remember when they were fetching over 100 when he was first released.

I have a 90s Jean Grey and Xavier coming to me. I picked up a tan/ brown Wolverine from the She-Hulk battle pack and looking for a 90's Cyclops.

I also picked up a ton of Series 5 from 2013 for sell and trade for other figures I want.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:38 pm 
Displays Backwards

Van Statten wrote:
I just bought an Exclusive Nick Fury complete unopened off Ebay for under 30 bucks. I remember when they were fetching over 100 when he was first released.

That's because they had him up for sale on HTS for like 18 or 20 bucks. I'm glad they did, because I picked him up, didn't want to do that for a non-crazy price. I missed out on the X-Force Archangel, though, and passed on unmasked Dr. Doom. They are all sold out by now. Maybe we will see Old Man Logan on there some day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Van Statten wrote:

You paid too much! http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-uni ... 6&ID=31762
unless you are not in the U.S.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOO, who does your hair?

CCC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 405  Next