Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: GOG Movie Figures
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:57 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw remnants of Wave 1 (Starlord and Iron Man) at local target, the were mixed in the Cap pegs-- but boxes are different color-- (I think it was red)

Post subject: Re: GOG Movie Figures
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 am 
Mint on Card

I really want that Nova figure. I'll have to check during my lunch break.

I saw the two inch figures. They reminded me of M.A.S.K. figures.
I have no interest in these.

So I take it there won't be any 3-3/4 - 4 inch MU scaled figures for Guardians?

I was hoping for Comic Accurate and Movie figures in MU scale.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:02 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There were 3 3/4" movie-style 2-packs shown at Toy Fair but they appear to be 5 POA.

(full Hasbro Marvel gallery begins on this page)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:25 am 
Mint on Card

Those are the ones I saw at Target Jim and they are the mask size Figures I mentioned in my last post.
I'll have to double check but I'm sure those were the same ones.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:21 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Wow, really?... They just don't look that small in the photos but there are no pics with anything else to compare them against so I assumed (and you know what that gets ya...) those were 3 3/4".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:10 am 
Mint on Card

I thought so too when I saw the pics at nytf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:33 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well wave 3 of the 3-3/4 Infinite line-- looks like they are recarding the 3 pack figures onto individual cards (waiting for pics to confirm of course) ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:00 pm 
Resin

No, those two-packs are more like 2" in height. That photo from Toy Fair doesn't really give a sense of scale. It fooled me, too, when I first saw it.

At this point, I've seen Guardians toys at Toys "R" Us and Target. At Target, the two-packs of the little figures were $5.99 there, as opposed to $9.99 at TRU. Target also had the Marvel Legends-scale figures and a few other items. Looks like it took over the Captain America space.

The 2" figures are -- cute, I suppose. They have a surprisingly decent amount of detail for such small things, are well painted, have decent bodily proportions, and appear to be articulated at the head, arms, and legs -- which is about all can be said for some 4" Star Wars figures.

I've heard some people say they think that these are intended to compete with Mega Bloks figures, but I don't think so. The proportions are far more "realistic" than Mega Bloks. I think it's just a really small scale of figure.

And I REALLY, REALLY hope such small figures aren't a trend. I would hate to see this happen to the rest of the Marvel Universe (cinematic or otherwise), Star Wars, G.I. Joe, or anybody else, Hasbro or otherwise. Ultimately, they're just TOO small. I have no idea what Hasbro must have been thinking.

Really, at the risk of overstating it, is THIS what the action figure world is coming to!?

Finances permitting, I might get a couple of the Marvel Legends type figures, but otherwise -- well, I hope the movie does well, and I hope some of the toys sell, but these things are just plain too little, and like I said, I don't want to see this scale become a common trend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:21 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

TrekkerGI wrote:
No, those two-packs are more like 2" in height. That photo from Toy Fair doesn't really give a sense of scale. It fooled me, too, when I first saw it.

At this point, I've seen Guardians toys at Toys "R" Us and Target. At Target, the two-packs of the little figures were $5.99 there, as opposed to $9.99 at TRU. Target also had the Marvel Legends-scale figures and a few other items. Looks like it took over the Captain America space.

The 2" figures are -- cute, I suppose. They have a surprisingly decent amount of detail for such small things, are well painted, have decent bodily proportions, and appear to be articulated at the head, arms, and legs -- which is about all can be said for some 4" Star Wars figures.

I've heard some people say they think that these are intended to compete with Mega Bloks figures, but I don't think so. The proportions are far more "realistic" than Mega Bloks. I think it's just a really small scale of figure.

And I REALLY, REALLY hope such small figures aren't a trend. I would hate to see this happen to the rest of the Marvel Universe (cinematic or otherwise), Star Wars, G.I. Joe, or anybody else, Hasbro or otherwise. Ultimately, they're just TOO small. I have no idea what Hasbro must have been thinking.

Really, at the risk of overstating it, is THIS what the action figure world is coming to!?

Finances permitting, I might get a couple of the Marvel Legends type figures, but otherwise -- well, I hope the movie does well, and I hope some of the toys sell, but these things are just plain too little, and like I said, I don't want to see this scale become a common trend.

I think the purpose of the smaller scale figures was so that they could make affordable starships. With the figures being about 2 to 2 1/2 inches it allowed them to release a total of 4 starships. Three of the four are currently out and available, 2 at the $14.99 price point and one at $24.99. The last one will also be $14.99 and all of them come with a figure. The Milano Starship, the $24.99 one, has a cockpit that holds three figures. With a 4 inch scale line that same ship may have been pushed to a $39.99 price point to still hold that many figures. And so I think that with an unproven brand that focuses heavily on starships, it made sense for Hasbro to go with a smaller line to provide a cheaper price point but still allow for kids to be able to get the ships.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:21 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

TrekkerGI wrote:

I think the purpose of the smaller scale figures was so that they could make affordable starships. With the figures being about 2 to 2 1/2 inches it allowed them to release a total of 4 starships. Three of the four are currently out and available, 2 at the $14.99 price point and one at $24.99. The last one will also be $14.99 and all of them come with a figure. The Milano Starship, the $24.99 one, has a cockpit that holds three figures. With a 4 inch scale line that same ship may have been pushed to a $39.99 price point to still hold that many figures. And so I think that with an unproven brand that focuses heavily on starships, it made sense for Hasbro to go with a smaller line to provide a cheaper price point but still allow for kids to be able to get the ships.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 pm 
Mint on Card

stewbacca wrote:
Well wave 3 of the 3-3/4 Infinite line-- looks like they are recarding the 3 pack figures onto individual cards (waiting for pics to confirm of course) ..

Hopefully they do a Gamora and Groot in a future wave. I think doing an entire wave of the Marvel Infinites with the rerelease Starlord, Drax and Rocket ( if that's what they did) and add a Groot and Gamora and Ronan would have been a nice tie in to the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:34 pm 
5" Scale

If you need Nova, Gamora, and/or Rocket Raccoon, Amazon (not 3rd party seller) has them in stock for 21.99 each. Act fast!

I've been searching for Nova to complete Groot and don't mind paying a little extra.

As for those 2" figures, I find it incredible that while Target has them for $5.99, TRU has them at 9.99.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:38 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Nitewing73 wrote:
stewbacca wrote:

Hopefully they do a Gamora and Groot in a future wave. I think doing an entire wave of the Marvel Infinites with the rerelease Starlord, Drax and Rocket ( if that's what they did) and add a Groot and Gamora and Ronan would have been a nice tie in to the movie.

Just saw carded pics-- definitely just repacks of the 3 pack-- Rocket comes in his blue/red comic outfit-- and includes that little potted plant Groot..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 pm 
Resin

Having now seen quite a few trailers for the Guardians movie -- and I'm really looking forward to it -- from a number of locales, including a movie theater, the TV, and several computer screens, I have reached a rather unfortunate conclusion about the Marvel Legends GAMORA figure.

She's nowhere near a bright enough green relative to her cinematic counterpart.

I mean, even the 2" figure is brighter.

Don't get me wrong -- it's an otherwise outstanding figure. But somewhere along the way, the skin color got goofed up.

Now, admittedly, there's two green characters in this case -- Gamora and Drax. But Drax is more of a darker, gray-green. Gamora is a very bright, intense green, in every trailer that I've seen, so I can't put this on a misadjusted computer monitor.

And the Marvel Legends figure just plain isn't. And that's a sincere shame. Really, Hasbro, was it that hard to try to color match this?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:48 am 
Mint on Card

I loved that first concept picture they showed of the guardians because Starlord was wearing blue and Gamora had a hooded cape. That said I am really looking forward to the movie. The Dan
Abnett and Andy Lanning series before the Michael bendis series is one of my all time favorite comics. And it's the one that introduced this current version of the guardians.