Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Basic Figures Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:28 am 
active in the community

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I would love, instead of repeating the same figures over and over, they would do a Vintage line that would match the original 1970s, 1980s toys, and they would do the characters that never got figures such as Grand moff Tarkin and Dr Evazan. Oh well I can always dream.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:31 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

funtime3 wrote:
I checked the Disney Store at the mall, and I was impressed with the amount of Black Series and also impressed that I found one Plageius and one Mara Jade in a whole mess of figures. I didn't buy them because a bit overextended at I'm trying not to buy EU and Prequel stuff anymore. For the 6 inch figures, that had about 1000 Greedos, Hans and Leias. Ofcourse, naturally, no Boba Fett.

If you're near a Disney Store, it's worth checking. Basic figures were an almost acceptable $11.99. Not too bad if you want Plageius and Mara Jade. Compare that to the other toy store in the mall which sells Basic and Vintage carded figures at a ridiculous $14.99 , which kills me because they have a vintage-carded Bespin Leia that I'm dying to have.

Well, crap.

Now I've gotta add the two Disney Stores I know of into the rotation. :?

Gotta get that new Sith Lord.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:07 pm 
5" Scale

ausbot wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I would love, instead of repeating the same figures over and over, they would do a Vintage line that would match the original 1970s, 1980s toys, and they would do the characters that never got figures such as Grand moff Tarkin and Dr Evazan. Oh well I can always dream.

Do you mean you'd like an "old style" GMT or Dr. Evazan, or that you'd like modern multi-POA versions of Tarkin, Evazan, etc.? Because we definitely got the latter ones--many of them on vintage-style card backs to boot!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:51 am 
Collector Inspector

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
ausbot wrote:

Do you mean you'd like an "old style" GMT or Dr. Evazan, or that you'd like modern multi-POA versions of Tarkin, Evazan, etc.? Because we definitely got the latter ones--many of them on vintage-style card backs to boot!

I think he means producing those characters in classic 1980's Kenner 5 POA style. Kinda the same way Gentle Giant still produces those retro Kenner figures on classic cards (but those are jumbo huge).

I agree though, It gets your brain thinking about the characters that didn't get figures in the 1980's. Slave Leia is one that comes to mind. Tarkin and Evazan definitely deserved figures. Maybe also Biggs, Wedge, and some other notable pilots. I'm sure there's more, but they were amazingly thorough back then. Didn't an old 80's mold of Yarna surface once? So there's another character that was at least considered.

I've been so burnt out on modern Star Wars collecting (All your fault, Distribution!) that I've been thinking of going back to collecting the old Kenner figures. There's a lot out there if you just want loose, non-perfect figures.

Though, I LOVE my Vintage Collection Evazon and Tarkin. I still haven't opened my Tarkin . I love that Vintage card! it makes you dream of what it would have been like 30 years ago if he had a toy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:01 am 

Heads up, guys!

I found a Darth Plagueis at a Walgreens of all places. Might be worth hitting a few if you have the time. I paid a little more ($11) then at a Target or WM, but it was worth not having to keep hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:23 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw remnants of Wave 3-- Skiff Guard and Neyo at Target- so maybe more of these cases are starting to get out there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:45 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well now I don't know whats worse.. Not seeing any of wave 3 for the past three months.. OR Seeing the entire wave 3 at 2 Targets, A KMart , A Walmart, and a Meijers today ---- except for Plageius... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:44 am 

Try Walgreens.

:mrgreen:

I'm still kinda shocked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97