Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 am 
5th Horseman

stewbacca wrote:
And as far as figs like Saesee Tinn--

Well you have the Jedi Council Version, the Clone Wars Cracked horn version, the Full Robe /Senate Arrest Version, the Realistic clones wars Space Armor version and the Arena Battle Version- not to mention the Animated version.

So even for "background" characters you have to decide how many you want to keep.

You're right. There are a lot more "essential" versions of certain characters than I thought. Man it's a good thing the idea of being "caught up" with Star Wars doesn't even exist for may as it does with say, DCUC or JLU. :)

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:21 pm 
The Last Word

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Most times with Star Wars figures the eBay return isn't worth the effort to list and ship them. Unfortunately.

Not even with carded in most cases, so never mind loose. I gave a ton of loose STAR WARS figures to a friend's son, but I still have a bunch more taking up space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 am 
Daniel Pickett

ove the weekend I found the new Walmart Comic 2-packs. The Ewok pack, 2 alien pilots and the Officer with Amanin.

I couldn't resist'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:46 pm 
5" Scale

I found and picked up the Wedge/Borsk Fey'lya comic pack on Friday - I can't believe I actually now own a Borsk figure! :D There's only a handful of EU figures I really want, and he was definitely on the list.

Also picked up the Evolutions Rebel Pilot II set at Target because it was on sale for $16....I really just wanted Wes Janson so I could have all four core members of the X-Wing novel series. (Wedge, Janson, Hobbie Kilvian and Tycho Celchu.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:54 am 
ABS

I have two questions for all;

What is the definitive 3 3/4" version of Qui-Gon Jinn? Is it the version from the collector tin with the R2 unit?

Do any of the normal 3 3/4" Battle Droids hold their blasters with both hands like in the movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

God of Thunder wrote:
I have two questions for all;

What is the definitive 3 3/4" version of Qui-Gon Jinn? Is it the version from the collector tin with the R2 unit?

Do any of the normal 3 3/4" Battle Droids hold their blasters with both hands like in the movie?

I'd say the "definitive" Qui-Gon (for the moment, anyway) would be the one from the Evolutions pack last year. That one is being used (with an added poncho) in the Eopie mail-in offer later this year.

This Battle Droid from AOTC is what you're looking for...

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagabattledroidarenabattle.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:22 pm 
active in the community

Just FYI but my local Meijer's here in Michigan has discounted the basic Star Wars figs down to around 5 1/2 bucks from its usual $7.99.

Oh, and I'm digging Jim_Abell's avatar. Yum, yum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm 
5th Horseman

Wow. I bought my first few Legacy figures. Awesome. I got the Darth Vader w/ removable helmet, Luke and Han Stormtrooper disguise, and the sandstorm Luke. The quality of these figures is outstanding. They're in simple poses, with no ridiculous action features, and they're well articulated. I'm in love!!

I do wish Sandstorm Luke's head was a little better sculpted though.

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:48 pm 
5" Scale

I finally found and bought 2 of the WM exclusive comic packs - alien X-Wing pilots and Ewoks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

JuliusMarx wrote:
ove the weekend I found the new Walmart Comic 2-packs. The Ewok pack, 2 alien pilots and the Officer with Amanin.

I couldn't resist'em.

I know what you mean. So far I've resisted all but one Comic 2-pack (the one with Grand Admiral Thrawn.) But these latest waves are so dang awesome!

Anyway, what do you guys think of the latest batch of rumored figures?

Here's a rundown of the characters said to be coming before the end of the year, presented by movie wave:

A New Hope
Ponda Baba
Dr. Evazan

The Empire Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot
Willrow Hood
Zuckuss
Bespin Security Guard (3 head sculpts)
2-1B
Obi-Wan Kenobi Spirit
Wedge Snowspeeder Pilot
Lt. Sheckil

About time we get a new Dr. Evazan! Can't wait for that. A new Ponda Baba would be good, too.

Will we actually be getting the Ice Cream Maker Guy?
And a new Zuckuss. He's due. All the other bounty hunters have gotten refreshes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:36 am 
5" Scale

I keep hearing about Willrow Hood....who is that? :?

There's more to that list I saw...rumored Cin Drallig (I'm a sucker for new Jedi), plus a Senate Duel Yoda & Palpatine, which sounds interesting, but I'll wait to see the sculpts.

And definitely agree that Evazan's due for an update!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 am 

Thatman wrote:
I keep hearing about Willrow Hood....who is that? :?
!

Sorry, for some reason I left out the prequel stuff. :oops:

Willrow Hood is a guy who can be glimpsed running through Bespin with something in his hands that looks like an ice cream maker. An obvious Fan Favorite.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

based on Hasbros recent comments about how they may have to redecide the direction they are going, in regards to collector figures, I personally think Woodrow-- may be delayed for quite a bit longer (depending on where they are in the production cycle)--He would be headed down the Yarna path- and there is nothing distinct about him still.....

If he didnt get such a vocal fanboy push from the various sites- Im sure this guy would have never even ended up any where in their hopper--- he falls into IJ old guy territority in regards to playability

Im one of the biggest star wars geeks out there-- but I may have to start agreeing with people that the line is done- when they have to resort to old WIllrow..

I never got the deal with the push for him--- eliminate the Ice Cream Maker and no one could give a crap about him..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I have to wonder if Captain Colton and Lt Shekil will be sharing the same head...

Hasbro's been promising Wilrow Hood for too long now, they have to get him out some way or another, they might take him out of the basic assortment and put him in a battle pack or something, but he *HAS* to be coming, they've gone too far with saying he's on the way. Snowspeeder pilots I can do without, but I'm sure they'll look great. The new Bespin Guards sound good, hope that works out.

And as tired as I've become of Jedi and Clones the thought of finally getting Cin Drallig is exciting!

The ANH wave should be the one with the next Jawa/Droid pack, always look forward to those, and as nice as it will be getting a new Ponda and Evazan (love that Robot Chicken bit!), I hope we get at least one *NEW* cantina alien. Ceremonial Han would be a nice addition to the core character variants (and a new improved Ceremonial Leia).

Dan, speaking of Zuckuss and the bounty hunters, Dengar still needs the super-articulation upgrade, too, doesn't he?... The last one I remember was a great improvement but could still use and update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Dan, speaking of Zuckuss and the bounty hunters, Dengar still needs the super-articulation upgrade, too, doesn't he?... The last one I remember was a great improvement but could still use and update.

Yes, the articulation is a bit lacking on the Dengar update, but I let it slide since the figure is so vastly superior to the crappy first one. The sculpt is amazing. But, true, he is stuck is basically one pose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97  Next