Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 am 
4" scale

New OTC figures are always very welcome. I'm still anxiously waiting to see pictures of the ROTJ wave. I'm excited about that reclining Slave Leia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 am 
5" Scale

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Thatman wrote:
I keep hearing about Willrow Hood....who is that? :?
!

Sorry, for some reason I left out the prequel stuff. :oops:

Willrow Hood is a guy who can be glimpsed running through Bespin with something in his hands that looks like an ice cream maker. An obvious Fan Favorite.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Wow, I can't even picture that scene...I'll have to throw the DVD on and see if I can catch him - the pic's not ringing any bells. (But thanks for the link!)

They've made just about everybody I really want at this point (but I STILL want a vanilla Barriss Offee :D ) - I get a kick out of seeing some of the new sculpts that come out...I saw a new wave at Target with Wioslea and some others. No interest in any of them, but they are neat to look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 am 
4" scale

I picked up the Empire Strikes Back wave last weekend. They look quite good in person. Even the Emperor who looked lackluster in photos was really creepy. The hats worn in this wave are very unobstructive and look good whether on or off. Hasbro has done really well in the development of plastics that can be made really thin and remain strong enough for repeated play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:08 am 
ABS

Jim_Abell wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:
I have two questions for all;

What is the definitive 3 3/4" version of Qui-Gon Jinn? Is it the version from the collector tin with the R2 unit?

Do any of the normal 3 3/4" Battle Droids hold their blasters with both hands like in the movie?

I'd say the "definitive" Qui-Gon (for the moment, anyway) would be the one from the Evolutions pack last year. That one is being used (with an added poncho) in the Eopie mail-in offer later this year.

This Battle Droid from AOTC is what you're looking for...

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagabattledroidarenabattle.asp

Thanks for the information, I hope to pick up that Qui-Gon soon.

I also checked out the Clone Wars characters the other day and was very surprised at how much I like them; I bought that little R2 unit that is black and gold. Unfortunately, he is a bit smaller than the regular astromechs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm 
5" Scale

I went to Target in search of JLU singles but walked out with Clone Wars Kit Fisto, Jar Jar and 41st Clone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 am 
5" Scale

The ESB wave minus Hoth Trooper is available and in stock on Hasbro Toy Shop right now.

If you order from them, be sure to use the "SW2009" code at checkout to save 10% which will bring the cost per figure to $7.19.

I only ordered Luke, Leia and Ugnaught (along with a GI Joe Hall of Heroes Viper)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Thanks for the heads up. That is a good wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:56 am 

Found some of the ESB wave today. I guess I wasn't paying attention and just assumed the 2 Ugnaughts came packaged together like the old ones!

I like what's been coming out this year its just a hit on the wallet when you pick up a wave!

Captain Needa is cool. Didn't find the Luke or Emperor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:21 pm 
5" Scale

I got Ugnaught, Luke and Leia in the mail today.

For those of you trying to complete U3PO, the droid from this wave, some pieces are silver while others are champagne so if you pick these up at retail, make sure you're getting a uniform colored droid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 pm 

So far I've only seen the one Ugnaught and one Hoth Trooper. Anyone find both yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:37 pm 
5" Scale

Skirtless Hoth Trooper has been found but I'm not sure if the other Ugnaught has hit yet.

I haven't even seen this wave at retail yet!

Distribution sucks! slap in the face blah blah blah :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:25 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The Ugnaughts were supposed to be a 2-pack but Hasbro couldn't get it to cost out. The second Ug isn't out yet, he won't start shipping until another wave (he'll be one of the re-pack slots). Not sure if that's how they're handling the second version of the Hoth trooper (which one is shipping now, bearded or clean-shaven?), but I would guess that's how they're going to do that, too. The skirtless Hoth trooper was supposed to have been corrected very quickly so the skirted ones should be hitting retail soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:09 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
the Hoth trooper (which one is shipping now, bearded or clean-shaven?), but I would guess that's how they're going to do that, too. The skirtless Hoth trooper was supposed to have been corrected very quickly so the skirted ones should be hitting retail soon.

Bearded.

When you guys refer to "skirted" are you referring to the little soft goods application? 'Cause the Hoth Troopers I saw yesterday did have that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:17 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Cantina-Dan wrote:
When you guys refer to "skirted" are you referring to the little soft goods application? 'Cause the Hoth Troopers I saw yesterday did have that.

The "skirt" piece is supposed to be the bottom of the jacket. The first few shipments didn't include it. I've never heard whether it was supposed to be softgoods or plastic, so I can't answer that way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I'm digging this Empire wave, now bring on the infamous "Ice Cream Man!" Willrow Hood is one of those background characters who really took on a life of their own.

That's what I've loved so much about Star Wars since I was a kid: The crazy backstories you could make up for all of these guys. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next