Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 97  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:09 am 
5" Scale

Hasbro Toy Shop has the entire AOTC wave up for preorder right now. This wave includes Obi-Wan, Owen, Beru, Typho, Tarados Gon, Concept Anakin.

Make sure you look under the Legacy Collection heading as "Build-A-Droid" has some of the wave but not all of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Anyone open their medical frigate Luke yet? I was surprised at what I found under his robe. :D

Torso articulation (and a weird abdomen.) Hinged hip joints. Swivel forearms below the ball joint elbows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:01 pm 
5" Scale

I got the Scramble on Yavin battlepack today. After passing it up many times at Target at $26.39, I got it for 24.99 at TRU.

With no repacked figures in this set whatsoever, it's a win all the way! Especially the transport vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:36 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Found the new figures at Walmart this week. The ugnaughts look pretty good. Though I picked up a number of the current jawas, I HATE the starting price.. Overall, I think there are a number of good figures being released this year..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 am 
3 3/4"

I just have gotten out of collecting Star Wars figures. Odds are this year I will only buy two the new Obi Won and new slave Leia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:04 am 

sith jawa wrote:
The ugnaughts look pretty good.

Did you find both Ugnaughts?

sith jawa wrote:
I HATE the starting price.. Overall, I think there are a number of good figures being released this year..

Agreed on both counts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:48 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:

I could only find one of the new Ugnaugts. I guess the other one had been snagged earlier in the day..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:09 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

sith jawa wrote:
Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:

I could only find one of the new Ugnaugts. I guess the other one had been snagged earlier in the day..

The second Ugnaught won't be out for a couple of months in one of the newer waves "re-packs".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Jim_Abell wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:

The second Ugnaught won't be out for a couple of months in one of the newer waves "re-packs".

Yup. He's going to be a wave refresher like the 2nd version of the Hoth Trooper.

Spy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:25 pm 
5" Scale

I received my 2 Hoth Troopers from Hasbrotoyshop today. Both were the skirt version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

For those still wondering about the canister that came with the latest Jawa the question came up in this week's Q&A...

http://www.collectionstation.com/groups ... for-522_51

Quote:
CollectionStation.com: On the recent Jawa with WED Droid set, the Jawa comes with a small tin can-like piece that has 2 posts sticking out of it. Although there has been much speculation as to what this accessory is, no consensus has been reached. Also, the small accessory doesn't seem to have a dedicated storage spot on the figure's outfit unlike all the previous Jawa accessories, it has a sideways peg but the only peghole found on the Jawa is being used for the ion gun's power pack. So, what exactly is this accessory representing, and where does it fit on the Jawa? Or is it supposed to attach to the WED Droid instead?

Hasbro: To be honest, your guess is as good as ours! We have speculated that it could be a power pack or transmitter for the blaster that stuns R2. But it could just as easily be can of rockwart soup or 40 weight motor oil. It is fun to speculate. As for the storage of the canister, there is a small hole on the back of the belt. The hole can be used for the canister or if the Jawa is holing the canister, to further secure the pouch that is attached to the gun. In hindsight, we should have added two holes. See attached pic for reference.

Unfortunely, CS.com didn't post the pic (at least not yet) that went with the answer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:35 am 
Damage Control

I really wish they'd go back to packing 2 of the smaller characters in on blister pack (ewoks, ugnauts, jawas). I know they've been puting a droid in with a Jawa so that's something, but I need more jawas.......
How many Hoth troopers are there going to be?? I need some of those as well. Haven't bought much OT SW stuff besides cantina aliens and stormtroopers the past few years. I'm getting the"bug" again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:04 am 
Dog Squeezer

There are going to be 2 different Hoth Troopers.

1 with a bearded head (out now) and one clean shaven.

But they both also come with different hats (clean shaven guy has a scarf wrapped hat.)

So if you simply buy 2 of each and swap hats, you have 4 different looks right there.

Plus the neck peg is pop-off ball joint that works with some of the past Star Wars troop builder type guys, so you can make a pretty big Hoth Army with a bit of simple kitbashing.

The other thing that I discovered works rather well is taking some of the older POTF, Trilogy and Saga Hoth Troopers and cutting off the head and dremeling a neck socket to fit the new articulated body, giving you even more options...

You could build quite a Hoth Army if so inclined!

Spy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

SpyMagician wrote:
There are going to be 2 different Hoth Troopers.

1 with a bearded head (out now) and one clean shaven.

But they both also come with different hats (clean shaven guy has a scarf wrapped hat.)

So if you simply buy 2 of each and swap hats, you have 4 different looks right there.

Plus the neck peg is pop-off ball joint that works with some of the past Star Wars troop builder type guys, so you can make a pretty big Hoth Army with a bit of simple kitbashing.

The other thing that I discovered works rather well is taking some of the older POTF, Trilogy and Saga Hoth Troopers and cutting off the head and dremeling a neck socket to fit the new articulated body, giving you even more options...

You could build quite a Hoth Army if so inclined!

Spy

I've got a big ol' box of Endor troopers that I've been working on like this. Starting to get some work space cleared out so I hope to really get into this soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:18 am 

Oh, man, I saw the Target exclusive Rancor yesterday. That thing is awesome. $40 bucks really isn't bad for this sucker. Its big. I couldn't buy it because I was on my motorcycle and I couldn't get it home!

Anyone get this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 97  Next