Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 97  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:09 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1783
Hasbro Toy Shop has the entire AOTC wave up for preorder right now. This wave includes Obi-Wan, Owen, Beru, Typho, Tarados Gon, Concept Anakin.

Make sure you look under the Legacy Collection heading as "Build-A-Droid" has some of the wave but not all of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 am 
User avatar
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Phoenix
Anyone open their medical frigate Luke yet? I was surprised at what I found under his robe. :D

Torso articulation (and a weird abdomen.) Hinged hip joints. Swivel forearms below the ball joint elbows.

_________________
Trouble sleeping?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... antinadan/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:01 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1783
I got the Scramble on Yavin battlepack today. After passing it up many times at Target at $26.39, I got it for 24.99 at TRU.

With no repacked figures in this set whatsoever, it's a win all the way! Especially the transport vehicle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:36 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 am
Posts: 61
Location: Northern Virginia
Found the new figures at Walmart this week. The ugnaughts look pretty good. Though I picked up a number of the current jawas, I HATE the starting price.. Overall, I think there are a number of good figures being released this year..

_________________
Jason West
MADBROWNZ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 am 
User avatar
3 3/4"
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 606
I just have gotten out of collecting Star Wars figures. Odds are this year I will only buy two the new Obi Won and new slave Leia

_________________
Mattel can go to Hell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:04 am 
User avatar
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Phoenix
sith jawa wrote:
The ugnaughts look pretty good.

Did you find both Ugnaughts?


sith jawa wrote:
I HATE the starting price.. Overall, I think there are a number of good figures being released this year..

Agreed on both counts!

_________________
Trouble sleeping?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... antinadan/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:48 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 am
Posts: 61
Location: Northern Virginia
Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
The ugnaughts look pretty good.

Did you find both Ugnaughts?

I could only find one of the new Ugnaugts. I guess the other one had been snagged earlier in the day..

_________________
Jason West
MADBROWNZ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:09 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10683
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
sith jawa wrote:
Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
The ugnaughts look pretty good.

Did you find both Ugnaughts?

I could only find one of the new Ugnaugts. I guess the other one had been snagged earlier in the day..


The second Ugnaught won't be out for a couple of months in one of the newer waves "re-packs".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 913
Jim_Abell wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
Cantina-Dan wrote:
sith jawa wrote:
The ugnaughts look pretty good.

Did you find both Ugnaughts?

I could only find one of the new Ugnaugts. I guess the other one had been snagged earlier in the day..


The second Ugnaught won't be out for a couple of months in one of the newer waves "re-packs".


Yup. He's going to be a wave refresher like the 2nd version of the Hoth Trooper.

Spy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:25 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1783
I received my 2 Hoth Troopers from Hasbrotoyshop today. Both were the skirt version.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:34 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10683
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
For those still wondering about the canister that came with the latest Jawa the question came up in this week's Q&A...

http://www.collectionstation.com/groups ... for-522_51

Quote:
CollectionStation.com: On the recent Jawa with WED Droid set, the Jawa comes with a small tin can-like piece that has 2 posts sticking out of it. Although there has been much speculation as to what this accessory is, no consensus has been reached. Also, the small accessory doesn't seem to have a dedicated storage spot on the figure's outfit unlike all the previous Jawa accessories, it has a sideways peg but the only peghole found on the Jawa is being used for the ion gun's power pack. So, what exactly is this accessory representing, and where does it fit on the Jawa? Or is it supposed to attach to the WED Droid instead?

Hasbro: To be honest, your guess is as good as ours! We have speculated that it could be a power pack or transmitter for the blaster that stuns R2. But it could just as easily be can of rockwart soup or 40 weight motor oil. It is fun to speculate. As for the storage of the canister, there is a small hole on the back of the belt. The hole can be used for the canister or if the Jawa is holing the canister, to further secure the pouch that is attached to the gun. In hindsight, we should have added two holes. See attached pic for reference.


Unfortunely, CS.com didn't post the pic (at least not yet) that went with the answer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:35 am 
Damage Control
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 959
Location: NW Tennessee BFE
I really wish they'd go back to packing 2 of the smaller characters in on blister pack (ewoks, ugnauts, jawas). I know they've been puting a droid in with a Jawa so that's something, but I need more jawas.......
How many Hoth troopers are there going to be?? I need some of those as well. Haven't bought much OT SW stuff besides cantina aliens and stormtroopers the past few years. I'm getting the"bug" again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:04 am 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 913
There are going to be 2 different Hoth Troopers.

1 with a bearded head (out now) and one clean shaven.

But they both also come with different hats (clean shaven guy has a scarf wrapped hat.)

So if you simply buy 2 of each and swap hats, you have 4 different looks right there.

Plus the neck peg is pop-off ball joint that works with some of the past Star Wars troop builder type guys, so you can make a pretty big Hoth Army with a bit of simple kitbashing.

The other thing that I discovered works rather well is taking some of the older POTF, Trilogy and Saga Hoth Troopers and cutting off the head and dremeling a neck socket to fit the new articulated body, giving you even more options...

You could build quite a Hoth Army if so inclined!

Spy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10683
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
SpyMagician wrote:
There are going to be 2 different Hoth Troopers.

1 with a bearded head (out now) and one clean shaven.

But they both also come with different hats (clean shaven guy has a scarf wrapped hat.)

So if you simply buy 2 of each and swap hats, you have 4 different looks right there.

Plus the neck peg is pop-off ball joint that works with some of the past Star Wars troop builder type guys, so you can make a pretty big Hoth Army with a bit of simple kitbashing.

The other thing that I discovered works rather well is taking some of the older POTF, Trilogy and Saga Hoth Troopers and cutting off the head and dremeling a neck socket to fit the new articulated body, giving you even more options...

You could build quite a Hoth Army if so inclined!

Spy


I've got a big ol' box of Endor troopers that I've been working on like this. Starting to get some work space cleared out so I hope to really get into this soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:18 am 
User avatar
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Phoenix
Oh, man, I saw the Target exclusive Rancor yesterday. That thing is awesome. $40 bucks really isn't bad for this sucker. Its big. I couldn't buy it because I was on my motorcycle and I couldn't get it home!

Anyone get this?

_________________
Trouble sleeping?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... antinadan/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 97  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: