Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iron Man 2 figures at retail
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:32 pm 
Hat Pooper

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Well, it's more fun for me to have the figure rather than not have the figure, but that's neither here nor there, as we're clearly discussing two different perspectives. I will say that it would be BEST to find the figure at retail, get the thrill of "I GOT HIM!" and pay $8 than to pay $15 online and lose the "thrill" of discovery.

It's always fun to be able to discuss different perspectives. For me, having doesn't really make that much of a difference since I never open anything and it all ends up getting stored away in the garage (35 giant plastic containers full at the moment and still growing), I may not actually see a figure I've gotten again for years on end. The fun is in the chase, not in the having. I'd have to put another wing on the house to be able to display even a small portion of my figures so I don't even pretend that I'll ever do so.

Quote:
It's too bad your area isn't good for Star Wars. Still, Hasbro's distribution with that line keeps online prices down somewhat with most figures, as well.

Prices are fine, if you can ever find the product. All I'm currently getting from Star Wars is figures from the original three movies (I refuse to acknowledge that anything Star Wars exists post-1985). At the moment, I'm missing figures from the Kenner Vintage series and the Saga Legends series and those figures simply do not exist at any store within a 50 mile radius. Cheap is great, but only if you can find them to buy in the first place.

Quote:
I completely agree with everything you've said here. After three years of actual collecting of entire lines (Star Wars has always been "grab this one here, that one there" for me) like DCIH and MU, I've finally just learned to trust my gut. There is not a single figure out right now anywhere that is absolutely calling to me. Therefore, I go to Target/TRU once a week around here, and what I see is what I see. When Scarlet Spider is out, however, he'll be a must-grab for me, and I'll take the first one I see anywhere where I can get him for $18 or less, postage included. I used to try to find reasons to justify that kind of thing for myself, but now it's just... "I need it" or "I don't need it."

If "I need it," I definitely "get it now" as you put it. I've learned that lesson.

There are very few lines I bother being completeist on these days, I've found there's so much junk being produced as filler, things I don't care about in the slightest, I find it ridiculous to buy things just because they're hanging on the pegs. DCIH I got the figures I wanted, nothing more. MU, same thing. Star Wars, same thing. I tried getting all of the IM2 3 3/4" series, but it looks like, just like the first movie, the last wave will never hit retail in California and will end up being absurdly expensive. At those prices, a hunk of plastic just isn't worth it. Scarlet Spider will get a buy if I ever see it. Same with lots of other figures. Unfortunately, for lots of them, I just never see them. I just got the Yellowjacket/Ant Man MU, just because I figured I'd never see it at retail and I had to make a minimum order for something my wife wanted. Otherwise, I'd probably never get that one either. Even though they're supposed to be putting out virtually all of the figures I'm missing that I want in the revision cases, the chances of ever seeing a single revision case anywhere in this area are slim to none. If I ever saw them, they'd be an instant buy. I'm just not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 am 
An Insider

Speaking of getting while the getting's good, I've now got Mandarin and comic Whiplash in my Pile of Loot at BBTS.

So bright side, I can put the IM2 line behind me now forever.

Other side, of course, was that whopper of a price. But it's worth it to save on the annoyance of just never finding them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:21 pm 
MINT!

I did my first pre-orders a month or so back with BBTS. Haven't gotten word from them and it's past the pre-order estimated month listed. I'm not worried, things are delayed all the time, but do you know if they send word via email when they get the orders in or must I check my account every few days lol? Thx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm 
An Insider

Mc1gamer wrote:
I did my first pre-orders a month or so back with BBTS. Haven't gotten word from them and it's past the pre-order estimated month listed. I'm not worried, things are delayed all the time, but do you know if they send word via email when they get the orders in or must I check my account every few days lol? Thx

Yep, they'll send one email when a preordered item becomes available and another once they've shipped it.

I've still got a few items with an ETA of March too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:31 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Mc1gamer wrote:

You'll get an email from BBTS as soon as one of your pre-ordered items is available for shipment.

Edit: I guess Sean beat me to it.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm 
MINT!

What did Mandarin set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm 
An Insider

It was $50 for the wave of four figures, so Mandy alone comes out to about $12.50 before shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:27 pm 
Excelsior!

Sean Whitmore wrote:
It was $50 for the wave of four figures, so Mandy alone comes out to about $12.50 before shipping.

I think I might pay that right now if I could just get The Mandarin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 pm 
3 3/4"

Finally got these elusive figures (at inflated prices) so I had to review them.

Comic Whiplash, Comic Ultimate Iron Man, Comic Modern War Machine and Comic Mandarin get a look this time enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/imw4/imw4.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am 
Daniel Pickett

grrrr.... I've got to track down that wave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Seeing that wave makes me VERY sad. :(

Then I just get pissed. :evil:

I want all but War Machine.

It's hard even finding these on eBay.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 am 
An Insider

I had no interest in War Machine and Ultimate Iron Man before getting the set, but I actually ended up liking them a lot. I think I may even prefer this Rhodey to the original comic version.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm 
Fugitive Dust

That's the comic version of Whiplash? Now I don't want one.
The Mandarin looks pretty good though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:15 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That's the comic book version of the NEW Whiplash who they rolled out a few months before Iron man 2 hit the scene. He's mostly a Marvel Universe version of the Whiplash from the movie.

Unfortunately, the original Whiplash/Blacklash/S and M Whiplash is currently dead and doesn't have a figure.

Blacklash is my favorite version of the original character.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm 
Hat Pooper

I want them all, I doubt I'll ever see them at retail. Like the first Iron Man Movie series, I'm going to have everything but the final wave.

Hardly a surprise there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next