Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Micronauts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Does Hasbro have the rights to produce any characters from the 70's Micronauts Marvel Comic?? I know certain characters such as Karza, Force Cmdr, Acroyer and Pharoid are owned by someone else but I would love to have Cmdr. Rann, Marionette, Bug, Lady Cilicia and Huntarr to add to my other figures. (especially BUG!!)

Post subject: Re: Micronauts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Well considering Heroclix was able to do a "Bug" character, I'm willing to bet Hasbro would have the rights to do Bug.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm 
PVC

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
Does Hasbro have the rights to produce any characters from the 70's Micronauts Marvel Comic?? I know certain characters such as Karza, Force Cmdr, Acroyer and Pharoid are owned by someone else but I would love to have Cmdr. Rann, Marionette, Bug, Lady Cilicia and Huntarr to add to my other figures. (especially BUG!!)

That depends on how the contract w/Marvel was done in the past. GENERALLY speaking though, if the character first appears in a licensed comic book, its rights go to the licensor.

Case in point: Transformers comics, also by Marvel, done a few years later. GB Blackrock was made for the TF comics, and Hasbro owns the rights to it. Circuit Breaker, a prominent human, first appeared in a Marvel comic (Secret Wars II) then was brought into the TF comics. They did that on purpose so Marvel retained rights to the CB character. Hasbro doesn't have rights to her.

So, it depends on what Hasbro has the right to produce from whoever owned whatever. IF Takara got the rights for Pharoid, Karza, etc after the initial run (OR Hasbro or Takara-Tomy bought out the company who did) then yes, Hasbro can do them. If not, then not likely.

So, it's possible, but beyond what I said above, I don't know. I don't know who owns what chars and who owns what companies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:53 pm 
PVC

On an aside...what the hell? After posting my reply, my post turns into a giant link to a survey website or something? That I never saw before.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I want to suggest Micronaut fans google Laser Mego. The guy is retroengineering Micronaut playsets. I posted some pics in the Major Matt Mason thread if anyone here hasn't seen them yet.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

As it stands now, Hasbro owns all the original toy names. Before Hasbro announced re-starting/re-booting the line there were stories published of Abrams Gentle (Mego) and Takara transferring the character/toy names that each owned to another company then that company transferring the names to Hasbro. With Hasbro already holding the master license to most Marvel characters I would think it would be pretty easy for them to add the Marvel Micronauts characters to the line even if they don't "own" them. I think that in the end it would be in Hasbro's best interest to purchase those characters from Marvel. The characters can't hold much value to Marvel without the Micronaut name and I doubt that they'd try to get a ridiculous amount of money for them considering their existing relationship with Hasbro.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here is my "Wish List" :D of Marvel Micronauts I would love to see as figures:

The Heroes
Commander Rann
Marionette
Prince Acroyear
Lady Cilicia
Bug
Biotron
Microtron
Force Commander
Force Commander as a Centaur
Lady Slug
Prince Pharoid
Huntarr
Devil
Jasmine

The Villans:
Baron Karza
Baron Karza as a Centaur
Prince Shaitain
Repto
Lobros
Antron
Ampzilla
membros
Kronos
Centaurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm 
5th Horseman

Has anyone got any more info on this, is it happening or is it all pie in the sky still, I hope it happens because as a kid I loved these and I really want them to be made and updated with the Marvel Characters added in as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm 
Infinite Hero

Hasbro bought the rights, but I bet you they're waiting until a movie gets made before doing anything with the property.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm 
5th Horseman

Well I wouldn't be disappointed with a Movie if they made one, as long as they keep it in the Original Micronauts Universe and don't bring them to Earth, I think if they stayed within the Microverse people would love the movie, otherwise I am scared it may end up like another Masters of the Abominations movie with Duff (errrr I mean Dolph), actually thats another Movie I hope they make and do it on Eternia.