Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Pursuit of Cobra / 30th / FSS Club
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:34 pm 
An Insider

Wait, Operation Bear Trap sets are still available in the Club Store? I thought they were only making enough to cover pre-orders for the second run?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Sean Whitmore wrote:
Wait, Operation Bear Trap sets are still available in the Club Store? I thought they were only making enough to cover pre-orders for the second run?

Not for sure- but I believe they still had a minimum they had to run before a manufacturer would even turn on the machines or keep the same price point for the club-- so I think once they crossed a threshold for preorders they moved forward- figuring they could sell any overage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 am 
Mint on Card

https://www.toyarama.com/store/2012-3-3 ... c-p385.php

It looks like you can still order the Operation Bear Trap set.

I just received mine in the mail last week.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 am 
The Last Word

Convention schedule has been released. For everyone other than Golden Ticket holders, package pickup begins Thursday at 6:00 p.m. Attendees will receive an email with their pickup time based on order of registration. I believe this is the first confirmation of a parachute drop for this year, too. Maybe a Night Force Crazylegs?

stewbacca wrote:
Not for sure- but I believe they still had a minimum they had to run before a manufacturer would even turn on the machines or keep the same price point for the club-- so I think once they crossed a threshold for preorders they moved forward- figuring they could sell any overage.
Pretty much. They fell short of the MOQ by 100 or so. Turns out there was more complaining than actual demand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

So the way I read that is the sales room is only open for 3hours on Friday--- seems like a waste (in reality it seems like this convention is only 2 1/2 days (not the 4 they keep hyping)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

And having never been - how does the parachute drop thing work...

Why do I picture- figures dropping from the sky-- and people punching each other on the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am 
The Last Word

stewbacca wrote:
So the way I read that is the sales room is only open for 3hours on Friday--- seems like a waste (in reality it seems like this convention is only 2 1/2 days (not the 4 they keep hyping)
If the dealers are the only reason you're going, I guess. That aspect of the convention is pretty low on the list of reasons I like to go.

stewbacca wrote:
And having never been - how does the parachute drop thing work...

Why do I picture- figures dropping from the sky-- and people punching each other on the ground.
The way they do it now is clear out an area for kids to catch the figures. If any travel beyond that area, the adults are free to catch and keep them, but the figure will be for sale in the Club store after the drop. Personally, I just like to stand back, watch, and then buy the figure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:00 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I stopped at a Walgreens last night, and actually found the POC Cobra Commander from the wave 5 series that was never in my area...crazy. So if anyone somehow still sees a Jungle Bat or Crazy Legs in the wild, please let me know! Thanks!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 am 
The Last Word

The Superfly wrote:
I stopped at a Walgreens last night, and actually found the POC Cobra Commander from the wave 5 series that was never in my area...crazy. So if anyone somehow still sees a Jungle Bat or Crazy Legs in the wild, please let me know! Thanks!
Crazylegs wasn't in the assortment that Walgreens was getting recently, but the Jungle B.A.T. was. My local Walgreens stores have moved on to Retaliation figures, but people in other areas are still reporting Pursuit of Cobra finds here and there. It's worth stopping to check other Walgreens locations in your area if you find yourself near one.

I've also seen reports of the same PoC figures being found at Rite Aid stores, but all the ones around me still have The Rise of Cobra figures for $12.99 or so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 am 
The Last Word

Caped Crusader wrote:
I believe this is the first confirmation of a parachute drop for this year, too. Maybe a Night Force Crazylegs?
Or not. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 am 
Displays Backwards

The Superfly wrote:

I hate how terrible the distribution was for POC after Wave 2. A few figures I never found, a few I only found once. I don't really have much interest in getting a moneybags Destro for $40 or whatever the Ebay price is.

TRU put out some more POC a few months ago, but it was just more Wave 1 and 2 stuff. I don't know why Hasbro had to make so much of that and so little of the rest - those were some great figures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Next wave arrived yesterday-- Cover Girl and Grunt--

I know everyone knew Grunt was going to be a waste of a figure- but it is confirmed-- total waste of a figure-- might as well be an Action Force figure from Wal Mart..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 am 
ABS

I know this thread has been dead for awhile now but I wanted to post my find. I was out hunting for Retaliation joes and Joe Kreos a few weeks ago, and I met a guy who for some reason has a surplus of Joes in his house. I bought these off of him. The Low Light was half the cost of ebay prices.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am 
3 3/4"

So the Low-light comment made me go to ebay to see what he is going for. HOLY COW!
I found 10+ of those at a discount store near me a few Christmases ago and shipped them out to a bunch of people on here for cost. I should have sat on them and sold them now to make a house payment.

(calm down, I'm kidding)

So, an ebay search led me to see a Slaughter's Marauders Low-Light for $8.99, buy it now. That surprised me, because i thought those 7 packs were expensive and never picked them up when they came out. I have even contemplated getting rid of the Zarana I had, since I was never going to pay the high price for the Dreadnok 7 pack. So i called a friend who collects Joes, because I couldn't even remember where that 7-pack came from and he said their price had dropped recently to around ~$100.00 for both 3 packs on BBTS. When I went and looked, the bundle of the 7-packs was on sale for $74.99 (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail).

I didn't realize they had dropped that much, so I ended up ordering a set.

Maybe you guys already knew, but if not, I figured I'd give you a heads up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:21 pm 
3 3/4"

Hell the Cobra Island packs were on discount after a while and now they are going for triple the ammount.I would still be collecting Joes but I never saw Lifeline or got Zarana,Sgt Slaughter or Jinx so I gave up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 68  Next