Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Pursuit of Cobra line
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:29 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

My TRU's only have the Shipwreck and Doc figures from the Rise of Cobra line, that they couldn't give away when they had their BOGO sale a couple weeks ago.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:21 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Caped Crusader wrote:
Still no exclusives at my local Toys "Я" Us. Those are the only ones I need to find at retail.

Yeah Spirit and Quick Kick are the only two I haven't seen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 am 

alcinde4 wrote:
I've got good news, bad news and then more good news.

Good news: I found Cobra Commander and Firefly at Walmart :D.

Bad news: I'm broke so I couldn't buy either :(.

Good news: I hid them behind the DCUC Gotham 5-pack. Those things have been there for upwards of 6 months and they're covered in about an inch of dust. They should be pretty safe there :lol: :mrgreen:.

Well my plan didn't work. Walmart did their reset shortly thereafter and everything was moved around. Surprisingly enough the pegs were full of Joes!! But no Cobra Commander, and still no Alley Viper :(. I was able to get Firefly, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:41 pm 

Does anyone think there's any chance that the ladies will be incorporated into the Pursuit of Cobra line next year? I'd love to see updated (and non-fugly) versions of Lady Jaye, Dialtone, Scarlett and Baroness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm 
Unbreakable

I'm betting we see a Scarlett at some point. They made that amazing City Strike Scarlett that was bumped from the line when they decided to drop the actor likenesses so I can see them putting her out with a different head.

I believe the Resolute Scarlett uses the City Strike Scarlett body with a new head, but the Resolute head is HUGE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm 

Yeah I've seen that one. It's like a freaking watermelon. It's almost as big as the JLU Batgirl's head. Almost.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 am 
The Last Word

alcinde4 wrote:
Does anyone think there's any chance that the ladies will be incorporated into the Pursuit of Cobra line next year? I'd love to see updated (and non-fugly) versions of Lady Jaye, Dialtone, Scarlett and Baroness.

Unless something changes between now and Toy Fair, what's been shown already is all there's going to be for Pursuit of Cobra. The last wave will hit in the spring of 2011, and then they'll move to Renegades. If they're planning anything beyond the line for the new series after the spring, they haven't announced it. They did say that would be as far as Pursuit of Cobra goes, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 am 

Okay. Got it CC. It really doesn't matter to me what they change the name of the line to, as long as they keep the line looking as great as it does now. What's the Renegade theme about?

I haven't been this interested in Joes since I was a kid. I passed on the 25th stuff, the Resolute stuff and certainly the ROC stuff. But Pursuit of Cobra has me hook, line and sinker.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 am 
The Last Word

alcinde4 wrote:
Okay. Got it CC. It really doesn't matter to me what they change the name of the line to, as long as they keep the line looking as great as it does now. What's the Renegade theme about?

G.I. JOE meets The A-Team?

It seems reasonable to assume the new line will be based on those character designs. That's what I meant in the previous post, that if they're planning to do anything other than a line for the new animated series that starts later this year, they haven't announced it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:24 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Caped Crusader wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

Unless something changes between now and Toy Fair, what's been shown already is all there's going to be for Pursuit of Cobra. The last wave will hit in the spring of 2011, and then they'll move to Renegades. If they're planning anything beyond the line for the new series after the spring, they haven't announced it. They did say that would be as far as Pursuit of Cobra goes, though.

Too bad it's not going to be around longer. I have liked the figures I've got so far.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:04 am 

I'm just about caught up with the first wave now. I had a huge haul of toys yesterday between Joes, JLU and MU. I'm only missing Spirit, the HISS tank and Wolfhound from the first wave. It feels good to collect a line that YOU CAN ACTUALLY FIND THE FIGURES.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Caped Crusader wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

G.I. JOE meets The A-Team?

It seems reasonable to assume the new line will be based on those character designs. That's what I meant in the previous post, that if they're planning to do anything other than a line for the new animated series that starts later this year, they haven't announced it.

UGH. Renegades looks bad and premise sounds terrible. What a giant step backward after the coolness that was Resolute. Ah well, more money for other toy lines. :|

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 am 
The Last Word

Shellhead wrote:
UGH. Renegades looks bad and premise sounds terrible. What a giant step backward after the coolness that was Resolute. Ah well, more money for other toy lines. :|

:lol:

If you liked Resolute, then I'm actually glad you don't care for the looks of this. Resolute was easily the worst thing I've ever seen or read that had Warren Ellis' name attached to it. I'm looking forward to Renegades quite a bit, especially considering some of the talent that's working on the series.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Caped Crusader wrote:
I'm looking forward to Renegades quite a bit, especially considering some of the talent that's working on the series.

Yeah, I am, too. I wasn't paying too much attention, but after covering the panel at SDCC I got pretty jazzed. Lord knows, the Hasbro team working on it seemed to be really pumped given the sheer amount of geek out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 am 
Mint on Card

alcinde4 wrote:
I'm just about caught up with the first wave now. I had a huge haul of toys yesterday between Joes, JLU and MU. I'm only missing Spirit, the HISS tank and Wolfhound from the first wave. It feels good to collect a line that YOU CAN ACTUALLY FIND THE FIGURES.

I agree. Never really had too much trouble finding Joe figures. And if one store runs out you can always check another and you'll find them. And the TRU exclusives arent too difficult to pickup either.

Just opened up my Spirit figure and he is sweet. Have to put a jungle squad together to hunt down some Predators :D

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next