Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Pursuit of Cobra / 30th line
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm 
The Last Word

alcinde4 wrote:
Yeah. I figured as much, and was only half-serious. A buddy of mine offered to sell me his for $37 shipped, and I balked at that. I guess I'm your typical cheap Joe collector. *shrugs shoulders*
No, your typical cheap JOE collector would balk at $15. :wink:

$37 will likely end up being a good deal for Jinx. Even though we're going to have three other versions of her come spring, the Club's effort is great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm 
An Insider

Between the two SDCC versions and the Retaliation one coming next year, I'm finding it the least bit difficult to justify getting another Jinx.

But she does look pretty cool. And if nothing else, no other versions has her blindfolded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:07 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The blindfolded part is the huge sell for me. That and I can never have too many female figures. Action figures as a whole, have largely been a sausage fest for as long as I can remember. I do my best to invert those numbers as much as possible, as far as my collection is concerned. I've been army building Renegades Scarlett and ScarJo Black Widow from the Avengers line. Hopefully Jinx will be among that number when she hits retail.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:12 pm 
An Insider

That's a good point too, and it helps that GI Joe is possibly the easiest toyline to parts-swap and create new or improved characters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
Ordered my subscription after work yesterday. The price averaged out to $28.62 each with shipping and insurance. That's about $5 more per figure than this year's convention set, which makes sense without multiples of army builders and the additional expense of postage and new shipping boxes.

Congrats CC! Now sell me your Jinx for $28.62. :wink:

I might be able to do that-- Im still on the fence with her-- and closer to falling on the get rid of her side..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:53 am 
Mint on Card

I'm curious on who the 13th figure is.

Maybe we get a surprise like Myles Mayhem from the M.A.S.K. cartoon or Sgt.Savage or Lt. Stone from GIJOE extreme.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Nitewing73 wrote:

Maybe we get a surprise like Myles Mayhem from the M.A.S.K. cartoon or Sgt.Savage or Lt. Stone from GIJOE extreme.

I really hope not- and I would be extremely pissed if they did a MASK figure in this line-- (thats fine in a retail line-- but not in a JOE collector line - at 23.00 dollars a figure. And really dont want any of the other lines-

I personally are hoping for another redone ARAH figure-- even an oddball one like Scoop, Raptor or Crystal Ball.
But hope for someone like Sneak Peek, Frostbite or Cross Country..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 pm 
Mint on Card

stewbacca wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:

I really hope not- and I would be extremely pissed if they did a MASK figure in this line-- (thats fine in a retail line-- but not in a JOE collector line - at 23.00 dollars a figure. And really dont want any of the other lines-

I personally are hoping for another redone ARAH figure-- even an oddball one like Scoop, Raptor or Crystal Ball.
But hope for someone like Sneak Peek, Frostbite or Cross Country..

I'm kind of hoping for maybe the other ninja I'm drawing a blank on who we are getting Slice or Dice but the red one. Sorry brain fart.

But yeah since Iceberg is the membership figure next year, Frostbite would be a good choice or Tollbooth or someone from the early years.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

stewbacca wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
Congrats CC! Now sell me your Jinx for $28.62. :wink:

I might be able to do that-- Im still on the fence with her-- and closer to falling on the get rid of her side..

I'd definitely take you up on that. *taps foot impatiently*

Nitewing73 wrote:

I'm kind of hoping for maybe the other ninja I'm drawing a blank on who we are getting Slice or Dice but the red one. Sorry brain fart.

But yeah since Iceberg is the membership figure next year, Frostbite would be a good choice or Tollbooth or someone from the early years.

Kinda ticked I won't be able to get Iceberg, since he's the club figure. I wish I was talented enough make my own. It'd probably be cheaper...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm 
Mint on Card

I was finally able to snag a Rise of Cobra Kamakura figure for a reasonable price on Ebay. I'm totally digging him. I always liked the look of this one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:20 pm 
An Insider

Nitewing73 wrote:
I was finally able to snag a Rise of Cobra Kamakura figure for a reasonable price on Ebay.

Congrats, I've been trying to pull off that feat for 2 years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm 
Mint on Card

Sean Whitmore wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:
I was finally able to snag a Rise of Cobra Kamakura figure for a reasonable price on Ebay.

Congrats, I've been trying to pull off that feat for 2 years.

Thanks Sean. I think he'll look cool standing next to the Joe Club Jinx. I'm happy to be getting her since I missed out on the comic con Jinx.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

So I finally placed my order for the FSS-- and I actually felt a little sick to my stomach after doing it..yes I know I didnt have too-- but thats not my point

I was not pleased with their pricing structure on cost per figure-- I guess I can swallow that--

but the shipping is overpriced-- I ship all the time for ebay-- and they are just gouging us-- Not to mention - then making you pay extra for the insurance and D/C---and pretty much saying- if it gets lost in the mail- thats your problem (which also means they could never ship the item- and if you dont get insurance- they just keep your money)-- so essentially- D/C is to protect the seller - to have proof that I got the item-- why should I be paying for that-- same with signature signing-- once again- protect the seller-- so I am paying you to cover your own ass... And then there is the 3.00 credit card processing charge-- (from the same place that let all of us get our credit card numbers stolen)) - your running a buisness- thats part of your costs- if they were smart- they would at least roll it into the total cost- and not call it out seperately... They might as well just have tacked on a 10.00 Fee- saying just because we want to at the bottom...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 pm 
3 3/4"

I was on the fence for a moment, then the e-mail feasco happened which reminded me why I don't want to deal with them. Sure I doubt sending my info to club members wouldn't cause any harm but it's the principle (and how they yet again did nothing in the way of customer support to those effected) that nailed it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 pm 
An Insider

I actually forgot all about the FSS until it expired, then they extended it for one more day and I signed up. I didn't shell out the extra for insurance, so we'll see what happens...think I'll keep my BBTS preorder for the ones I want most just in case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next