Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Pursuit of Cobra / 30th / FSS Club
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm 
An Insider

alcinde4 wrote:
I'm still kinda miffed that I was priced out of getting the Oktober Guard. I just didn't have enough (or any, really) interest in the IG stuff that was a part of that Con set. I'd love to see a modern Gung Ho in dress blues like Ryan mentioned.

I kinda want everything in the set, but I STILL can't justify the price.

Maybe if Sergeant Major and Darklon were included.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
I'm still kinda miffed that I was priced out of getting the Oktober Guard. I just didn't have enough (or any, really) interest in the IG stuff that was a part of that Con set. I'd love to see a modern Gung Ho in dress blues like Ryan mentioned.

Im still a little mad about how that was orginally handled- but it all worked out - (I guess in the end)

I bought an over retail priced bag set on ebay. And sold off all the IG figures (other than Voltar)- Then Joe Fan Club offered me one of the replacement boxed sets (that they were holding back for production errors)-- probably because I wrote a page email or so about their bad business practices amongst other things (but I did it without the name calling),since I missed the set, since they put it up for sale while I was driving home from work :x

And then sold that on ebay to someone visiting from Venezeula for the week and on the condition I had it expressed ship directly to his hotel in Florida (ebay is insane some time).. So after fees I broke out a little ahead-with the extra going towards picking up an Annihilator fig.. But overall I probably still paid too much per figure (but I guess its no more than the FSS this year)

I will be picking up the set in person this year- and hopefully trading off the unwanted figs- for Darklon or figs I need from the previous box sets, though I dont think there will be much demand for the ones I am getting rid of..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm 
Mint on Card

You guys are right. I was on the way home from work when the IG/Oktober Guard set went on sale initially and by the time i got home they were sold out. I'm glad they put another run in production but I'm sorry I missed out on the Darklon/Sgt. Major and Annihilators from the con.

I'll be making my first trip to the Joe Con this year since they were in my backyard in San Francisco back in 2001 or 2002? can't remember what year.

I'll hope there are two Darklons for decent prices so we can both get one Stew..ha ha

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 am 
The Last Word

The Superfly wrote:
But is Slice enough of a incentive? It makes sense I suppose, but I just can't see Slice being a big enough payoff to ensure that fans will re-up for 2014...
I think the fact that subscription figures are hanging around in the Club store for so long will cause a significant number of people to pass on round two.

Beyond what we've already seen for the 2013 Con exclusives, I'm really curious about this particular piece of concept art from Jimbo Salgado. She was labeled "Freestyle" on his Facebook page. A new pilot would be a very welcome addition, as there really aren't enough JOE pilots in the modern style. Several of the figures from the boxed set look terrific, but she could end up being the highlight for me if she's released as one of the souvenir exclusives, much like Darklon was last year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:25 am 
Mint on Card

Got home from work yesterday and the Operation Bear Trap Con set was waiting for me. I was not expecting it to get here so soon. I was thinking April-May. I'm so happy to be able to add this set to my collection, especially since the Iron Grenadiers are one of my favorite factions. I love the Oktober Guard too. I can't wait to see what next year's FSS is for the Joe Club. I know Dragonsky is one of the figures as well as Big Bear I think.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm 
Displays Backwards

alcinde4 wrote:

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. 5 figures I want for $350? No chance in hell.

I've never actually bought anything from the club. I've thought long and hard about it a few times, but never could pull the trigger on those prices.

The FSS Club was an easy pass, though. Only a few figures I wanted for too much money. And the Ebay or BBTS reseller prices are way too damn high for single figures of GI Joes. Crazy times we live in.

I would have bought everything if it was at retail, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 am 
The Last Word

Nitewing73 wrote:
Got home from work yesterday and the Operation Bear Trap Con set was waiting for me. I was not expecting it to get here so soon. I was thinking April-May. I'm so happy to be able to add this set to my collection, especially since the Iron Grenadiers are one of my favorite factions.
Glad you were able to get them. For me, it's easily the best Con set the Club has ever done. That's completely subjective, of course. I'm a big fan of the Oktober Guard, and I had wanted to see those canceled IGs released somehow since we first learned of their existence, so it was a total home run in my book. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the selection of weapons, but that's often the case with Hasbro releases, too. I had to give them some upgrades from Marauder.

Horror Show's RPG required a touch of paint, but I'm much happier with the end result than I was with the included accessories.

Con gets underway in less than three weeks. I know stewbacca said he was going; anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 am 
Mint on Card

I'm going too. First one since they were in SF, California.

Thing I'm bummed at from last years show not getting Darklon, Sgt. Major, and the Annihilators

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Ill be at the Marriot, (thats connected to the JW Marriot)-- so I just have to walk the hallway to get to the convention center-- but it was free with my wifes hotel points so - what are you gonna do..

I havent yet figured if Ill be staying Wed and Thurs night and coming back Fri Night or staying THurs, and Fri Night and coming back saturday--

Depends on the breakdown of the schedule--

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 am 
Mint on Card

stewbacca wrote:
Ill be at the Marriot, (thats connected to the JW Marriot)-- so I just have to walk the hallway to get to the convention center-- but it was free with my wifes hotel points so - what are you gonna do..

I havent yet figured if Ill be staying Wed and Thurs night and coming back Fri Night or staying THurs, and Fri Night and coming back saturday--

My best friend and I are taking the red eye Wednesday night. We r staying at a hotel down the street from the con. Maybe we can meet up. Ill pm u

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

CC - thanks for the pics; those figures look amazing. I really regret not getting that set. :?

Wish I was going to the Con...maybe one of these years...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am 
The Last Word

stewbacca wrote:
Free is always better than not free, and since the hotels are connected, it's not like you'll be missing anything.

stewbacca wrote:

Unless you're doing a tour or Golden Ticket, there's really not much reason to go Wednesday. I'm leaving home Wednesday evening, but I'm going to get a room somewhere in Kentucky that night. I just want to cut the drive in half so I'm not completely exhausted when it's time to stand in line Thursday. We should get into Indy around 3 or 4 Thursday afternoon, have a little while to check in and unwind, and go get in line for package pickup and the Club store.

After we get our stuff back to the room and grab some dinner, it will be time to get drinks somewhere in or near the hotel. If anyone wants to join us, feel free to get in touch to swap numbers.

The Superfly wrote:
CC - thanks for the pics; those figures look amazing. I really regret not getting that set. :?
You can still get it for the original price.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:32 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I work in Indiana- so I would just head up after work WED night-- I just wasnt sure what time the stuff starts on thursday-- if the lines started early I could be there early-- otherwise I will work 1/2 a day or so on thursday if nothing starts until the evenings. I guess I am just waiting for the schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 am 
The Last Word

The earliest registration pickup time (except for Golden Ticket holders) was 6:00 p.m. Thursday last year. I wouldn't expect it to be much (if any) earlier this year. What time you get in line will depend on where you are in the registration order, and they'll likely send us that schedule the week before Con.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I had a dealer table at Joelanta (I'm sure most/all of the southerners here know of it's existence) yesterday. It was my first time ever vending, and to say it was a success, would be the understatement of the decade/century/millenium. Pick an increment of time. I was essentially having a firesale, with tons of carded 25th, ROC, POC, 30th/Renegades figures and vehicles, in an effort to raise funds for my two middle kids who'll be heading off to college in the fall. The other dealers picked me clean. I sold out of EVERYTHING before the doors even opened to the general public. :shock: My wife and I were packed up and gone by 9:45, and the con opened at 10.

No one could believe I was selling everything as cheaply as I was. I didn't care. They're only things, and my kids are far more important. It was about 1/8th of my collection (6 full bins). My wife and I are very happy. The kids have money for school, and I have a little extra that I can funnel into more toys. :D

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next