Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The new Galactic Heroes
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I did a search for threads on this line but couldn't find anything. Has anyone been buying the new Star Wars Galactic Heroes. We got the Endor set at Easter and the Echo Base set is being requested from Santa. Oddly the sets connect together, which appeals to my three year old enormously but seems like an odd feature to me.

Annoyingly the canons on the sets only come with one projectile each, which is a change from Imaginext as they usually come with 2 or 3 in each playset. And of course the Star Wars projectile would be the one my husband would lose within two weeks of our son getting it, rendering his favourite feature useless. The projectiles seem impossible to buy separately, which seems like a missed opportunity as I'd imagine a lot of children will lose them, and it's insane that there is only one per set.

I managed to figure out the mechanism and carve a pair of Imaginext projectiles so they could be launched from Wicket's canon. So my son is happy but most parents aren't going to have a box of spare parts and crafting tools for customising.

Post subject: Re: The new Galactic Heroes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:32 am 
Tis' but a pup

Yes, I collect too! I mean my daughter does.

She (6 yrs old) was getting into Star Wars before Christmas so I got her some of the figures to start with to see if she liked them...Luke, Darth Vader & Stormtrooper, C-3PO and R2-D2. My wife noticed I kept looking/drooling at the Millennium Falcon in the toy catalog even though I told her I was going to hold off on that, and she bought it for me as a surprise for Christmas (which became my favorite gift.) Also she got me Darth's Tie Fighter which I repainted silver (why was it blue?) The Millennium Falcon is quite awesome, I highly recommend it if you don't already have it.

Since then I've gotten Yoda (w/another Luke) and the "Landspeeder Adventure Pack" on sale 40% off at Kohl's, mainly because I (I mean my daughter) wanted Obi-Wan Kenobi, who is impossible to find otherwise. The Landspeeder is very cool though, as is the Dewback. Princess Leia is also impossible to find, but we use Snow White in a white dress as her.

I also found Force Awakens figures at Walmart recently -- Rey (w/ Capt Phasma) and Finn (w/ Stormtropper). Haven't seen any others in stores yet, not sure why, umm...the movie was kinda a big deal, maybe have Poe, BB8, Kylo Ren figures in stores for people to actually buy? Movie's already out on DVD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:24 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit quite how spoiled my son is about to be at Christmas. He decided to ask Santa for what he calls 'Star Wars Imaginext' when he saw them in Toys'r'us on the 3rd of January. And as our Toys'r'us promptly closed down and they aren't available in any other bricks and mortar shop that I know of, I started buying any good deals I found on ebay, from either this line of Galactic Heroes, the very similar Jedi Force line or the 2011 Galactic Heroes line. Just before bedtime tonight I won an At-At from the older line with the speeder bike inside. :D

There are a range of Leia figures from the older GH line, they aren't articulated which is a shame but at least the female figures don't have the odd bow legged stance that the male ones do. I have Battle of Endor Leia, which I gave my son with the Ewok set. And Hoth Leia which I'm saving for Christmas as I'm planning to build a whole Hoth battle scene under the tree. I'd love to get the iconic Senator Leia figure with the big buns and white robe but she's super expensive and hard to get shipped to Ireland. For some reason Boush Leia is probably the easiest and least expensive one to come by.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:07 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Well I ordered the Jabba's Bounty from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. It comes with Jabba, Boba Fett & Slave I, along with Han Solo in carbonite . Then tonight I found the new X-Wing with Poe Dameron at Toys R Us. I was to excited to pass it up. My boys are going to go nuts when they get them. I wish I could have found the First Order Tie Fighter but I'll keep looking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:58 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Walmart had Kylo Ren and the First Order Flame Trooper. The shelves had plenty of Kylo but only two troopers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I was able to pick up more Flame Troopers. They were a dollar each.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:00 am 
Tis' but a pup

Nearly gotten all of the GH figures, vehicles and sets for my son's Christmas gift.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:35 am 
Tis' but a pup

Sweet! I've been trying to track down an AT-ST that's reasonably priced.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:45 am 
Tis' but a pup

I got kind of lucky with the AT-ST. The GH range never seems to have taken off in Ireland, so while there are very few for sale second hand, when there is something for sale, there isn't a huge demand. Whereas in ebay from the UK the demand is really high as are winning bids. I paid €15 for it, which I was pretty happy with.