Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 10 Most Wanted Marvel Universe figures
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Original New Mutants box with Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar/Mirage/Psyche/whatever, and Wolfsbane, and a comic Origins 2 pack with Spiderman/Karma. If the Alpha Flight Puck is any indication, we would probably get Wolfsbane in wolf form.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 am 

Box with Wolverine, Colossus, Magik, and Shadowcat(in proper dark blue costume). 2 repaints, 1 resculpt, and 1 new.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:43 am 
Mint on Card

stewbacca wrote:
stewbacca wrote:
My list hasnt changed in 6 months

Marvel Universe
Scorpion (80's green costume)
Silver Sable
Black Cat (I dont think her costume has changed)
Lizard (Secret Wars style)-- Sort of although hes out of scale
[Prowler and Puma-Spidey Allies (or Rocket Racer)
Kraven and Mysterio- Spidey Enemies Sandman and Paladin- Wild Pack (Or Man Eater)

I agree with you Stew in that for my update list I'd like to see some classic Spidey Villains like an old school Scorpion, Sandman and Vulture and a better Doc Ock. If they ever did some nice classic looking versions of those 4 characters I'd be happy.

I know the 3-packs are done but a nice 3-pack from your list would be a Silver Sable, Paladin and Sandman set.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

LordMudd wrote:
To me a D-list character would at best be considered someone who has never had their own book or been on a team with it's own book. Moondragon has been on 3 teams with books;Avengers, Defenders, and Infinity Watch. She may not be A but she definitely is not D ( although in that costume...... :wink: :mrgreen: ).

CCC.

She's a D-lister, but a solid one. That being said, her look would never fly on retail shelves. A bald female? I don't think we'd ever get that. :lol:

I never cared for her because she was always a total witch to everyone. Very unlikable and her powers aren't particularly imaginative (female with mind powers, that's never been done before :roll: ). I'd stick her on my Avengers shelf, but she'd be way in the back next to Dr. Druid and Firebird! :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 am 

Shellhead wrote:

She's a D-lister, but a solid one. That being said, her look would never fly on retail shelves. A bald female? I don't think we'd ever get that. :lol:

To that I would say Mego's Ilia, or more recently the Hasbro Star Wars rebel character who's name eludes me because I don't collect that line, but I used the figure's head for my Moondragon custom....so technically Hasbro already has a head sculpt ready (hint,Hint,HINT!).

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 am 
Mint on Card

Shellhead wrote:

I never cared for her because she was always a total witch to everyone. Very unlikable and her powers aren't particularly imaginative (female with mind powers, that's never been done before :roll: ). I'd stick her on my Avengers shelf, but she'd be way in the back next to Dr. Druid and Firebird! :mrgreen:

One way I could see her be made is if they do comics series figures with a Guardians of the Galaxy movie line. Moonstone, Phylla Vell, Major Victory, Mantis, Jack Flag, and Bug were all part of the GotG series before this new one by Bendis. But who knows.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 pm 

A big box set with Warlock, Thanos, a proper Drax, Moondragon, Gamora, and Pip.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 pm 
Damage Control

Nitewing73 wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:
My number 1 want is NOVA (Richard Ryder not Frankie Raye).
then in no particular order:
2.) Justice
3.) Speedball
4.) Gambit
5.) Rogue
6.) Bishop
7.) Storm in JIm Lee era outfit
8.) Beast
9.) Daredevil ( i didn't like the first version they came out with)
10.) Nick Fury

So from my top 10 I've got 5 out of 10. Although I was finally able to get a Nick Fury I don't need a new one.

Still hoping Speedball and Justice make it in an Avengers Academy box set.

With the line changing to the Avengers, I defiantly see both of them getting figures also Cannonball & Sunspot now that they are on the Avengers

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm 
Mint on Card

Titan your right. With the rebranding to an Avengers line
There are quite a few characters that can make the cut I hope.

From Avengers Academy and Initiative they could
Add Speedball, Justice and Tigra.

With the new Avengers title they can add Captain universe, Cannonball, Sunspot and since they are coming out with Hyperion
They can repaint the one they previewed at sdcc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:14 pm 

I think the rebranding is a short-sighted mistake. I would keep the MU logo at the top, maybe make it smaller, then add a sub-line title, like: Marvel Universe;AVENGERS! or Marvel Universe; THOR! or Marvel Universe;IRON MAN! then focus each sub line on characters both comic and movie in that area. They are still MU, but the big, bold sub line title fools the big box stores into thinking they are getting something fresh and new.

To bad there aren't any creative people at Hasbro to come up with stuff like this.

Oh, thats right, there are.

(Amended) Too bad there aren't any qualified creative people at Hasbro to come up with stuff like this. :wink:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 pm 
Damage Control

Nitewing73 wrote:

With the new Avengers title they can add Captain universe, Cannonball, Sunspot and since they are coming out with Hyperion

I agree, hopefully we get Quasar too

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
Mint on Card

I'd love Quasar too so ill be closer to completing the Annihilators.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm 
Damage Control

LordMudd wrote:
I think the rebranding is a short-sighted mistake. I would keep the MU logo at the top, maybe make it smaller, then add a sub-line title, like: Marvel Universe;AVENGERS! or Marvel Universe; THOR! or Marvel Universe;IRON MAN! then focus each sub line on characters both comic and movie in that area. They are still MU, but the big, bold sub line title fools the big box stores into thinking they are getting something fresh and new.

To bad there aren't any creative people at Hasbro to come up with stuff like this.

(Amended) Too bad there aren't any qualified creative people at Hasbro to come up with stuff like this. :wink:

CCC.

Personally the name change just doesn't make sense to me! I was simply kept the Marvel Universe figures and upgraded the quality on the Avengers figures!
Doing a Avengers only line limits the characters you can use, where as the Marvel Universe opens up ideas for any and every character! But thats just my. Two cents

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:02 pm 
Damage Control

Titan518 wrote:
Nitewing73 wrote:

I agree, hopefully we get Quasar too

Agreed Quasar and Ronan the Accuser are so needed in my collection, But I highly doubt we whatever see Ikon! :(

L.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:06 pm 

Titan518 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

Personally the name change just doesn't make sense to me! I was simply kept the Marvel Universe figures and upgraded the quality on the Avengers figures!
Doing a Avengers only line limits the characters you can use, where as the Marvel Universe opens up ideas for any and every character! But thats just my. Two cents

It makes perfect sense. The idiot executives want something on the packaging that the big box stores will buy. It doesn't matter if the character was ever affiliated with the Avengers or not, as long as the package says Avengers and there are movies in the theatres, the big box stores will buy it. They simply are not as intelligent as we are, and they don't care enough to even try. Total apathy. I met a Walmart toy dept. manager once who told me "If it doesn't have a movie in the theatres, I won't order it." That included cartoons on TV, she still would not order it! That is the attitude the toy company execs all assume that all of the big box stores have, but there are ways around that that keep the line intact and don't insult your customers. They just require one to actually THINK and come up with an idea, like mine above.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next