Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: My 10 Most Wanted Marvel Universe figures
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Titan518 wrote:

Personally the name change just doesn't make sense to me! I was simply kept the Marvel Universe figures and upgraded the quality on the Avengers figures!
Doing a Avengers only line limits the characters you can use, where as the Marvel Universe opens up ideas for any and every character! But thats just my. Two cents

To be honest almost every character nowadays has crossed over with the avengers at some point- either on the team or against them.. Besides, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, Young Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Academy, Avengers Initiative (50 States worth of F-List level heroes- (which would be awesome) , West Coast Avengers, Great Lakes Avengers, the New New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Ultimates (Avengers)-- (who hasn't been an Avenger or fought the Avengers in the past 10 years-)-- need some additional figures-- there is the whole A vs. X premise-- you can hide any X-Men figure under this and still has the Avengers name - and if the next X-men Movie does well would be double name recognition), you got Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates, the whole New Avengers vs. all the B list villans we want from the Hood Gang, - and the fact that almost every villain was used for the Thunderbolts or the Initiative when it was taken over by Osborne. I have no problem with the rebranding-- Im sure if we try really hard we could come up with a few that may not "fit" under this banner but they will honestly be few and far between.

So I'm sorry - this is a very smart move by Hasbro and we should embrace it (unless you guys are carded collectors-- but I wont start that argument here)-- if this convinces box stores to support this line even more -- I have no problem with it- I even hope the slap the SHIELD logo on there as well (and hope the TV show does great)

By the way when you type Avenger that much-- it starts to look like a very funny word.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Um...I just had a thought. :shock: Does this mean we are finally getting 1/18 scale figures of John Steed and Emma Peel? :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:47 am 
Mint on Card

As I was driving into work today, I was thinking about the whole Avengers rebranding thing and thought about the fact, why don't they re-do the Vision in one of the newer buck bodies? He's feature in the new Avengers A.I. book, he's showed in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and is one of the oldest Avengers characters.

I know there are so many Avengers characters that need to be made but c'mon.

Also with the newer waves and cases that have been coming out they keep reissuing figures from previous waves like X-Force Wolverine, Silver Surfer or whatever why can't they reissue Vision at least and not the transparent one.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:24 am 
MINT!

Yeah, Vision's a prime candidate for a redo. The body they used for him originally (and others like Union Jack and the SHIELD/HYDRA agents) looks a little wack with the Charley Horse and the slouching in the shoulders. Also, those aftermarket prices are off the charts. Also, Black Panther. He's cool and deserves a better, what's the term, buck?

I'm trying to stay optimistic about this rebrand... Wasn't crazy about the Red Skull 70th ann edition or the Skull made for the Cap line but the Avengers Assemble Red Skull's pretty badass. While I'm nervous for the future of the "Marvel Universe" line, such as it is, I'm happy to see a "new" figures being made that I actually want to own.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 pm 

The only Panther I have is the 2 figure box one, and I am satisfied with that because he is definitely not an A lister.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 pm 
Mint on Card

Pop Zeus wrote:
Yeah, Vision's a prime candidate for a redo. The body they used for him originally (and others like Union Jack and the SHIELD/HYDRA agents) looks a little wack with the Charley Horse and the slouching in the shoulders. Also, those aftermarket prices are off the charts. Also, Black Panther. He's cool and deserves a better, what's the term, buck?

I'm trying to stay optimistic about this rebrand... Wasn't crazy about the Red Skull 70th ann edition or the Skull made for the Cap line but the Avengers Assemble Red Skull's pretty badass. While I'm nervous for the future of the "Marvel Universe" line, such as it is, I'm happy to see a "new" figures being made that I actually want to own.

I have the original Panther and I was pretty happy with that one. The one that came with Avengers base at Toys R Us is a pretty nice one too. I may pick that one up.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm 

Nitewing73 wrote:
Pop Zeus wrote:

I have the original Panther and I was pretty happy with that one. The one that came with Avengers base at Toys R Us is a pretty nice one too. I may pick that one up.

You may want to hurry while they are still $10, although I haven't seen a Panther in a while, just a lot of those cheap Widows.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12