Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Star Wars Stuff all over the place!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 am 
Resin

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to be seeing new Star Wars stuff all over the place. Okay, I know we're getting close to the holidays, but still -- and since I tend to collect Clone Troopers first and foremost, it's been getting potentially expensive for me.

Saw several new vehicle-figure sets at Walmart the other day. One is an AT-RT with ARF Clone Trooper Boil (and what sort of name is that, even for a Clone? He's named after either a food preparation procedure or an unpleasant medical condition...!), and a Freeco Speeder with a Cold Weather Assault Trooper. Both very impressive.

I got the Senate Commando Captain and Senate Commando two-pack at Target recently. Okay, I know they're not technically Clones, but they're still troopers.

Then there's the ARC Troopers four-pack which has reportedly proven highly elusive. Saw one at Walmart last week and decided I'd better grab it. I am VERY pleased to see the introduction of the Episode III-style helmets!

Currently proving elusive to the point of complete absentia is a Speeder with a Mandalorian Trooper, and a Mandalorian Trooper four pack. What are these guys, ninjas in their spare time!? :roll:

Still, much as I enjoy building my Clone Trooper ranks, it does seem that there's been a considerable upswing in their population lately. Or have I just not been paying proper attention?

Post subject: Re: New Star Wars Stuff all over the place!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

TrekkerGI wrote:
Still, much as I enjoy building my Clone Trooper ranks, it does seem that there's been a considerable upswing in their population lately. Or have I just not been paying proper attention?

Its a combination of this-- and the fact that the stores are just overstocking everything for the christmas rush. Since the Commando 2 pack has been out for a over a month and I picked up the ARCs and Mandos- about 2 months ago--

The ATRT and Freeco Speeder (along with Tac Droid and miniTank)- are just wave 2 or 3 of the deluxe vehicles-- and it looks like they shipped out a buttload to target..-

Now only if they follow suit with the new waves of figures-- since all of my locals have been stocking the Camo ARF Trooper case--6 or 7 at a time...

Post subject: Re: New Star Wars Stuff all over the place!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:10 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I have only seen the camo ARF Trooper one time, when I got it. In some places it's prevalent, but others can't find it anywhere.

The new Deluxe vehicles and ROTJ seem to be everywhere, but I can't find the latest two waves of Clone Wars singles at retail.