Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A challenge for you and why you should accept it.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:55 pm 
Cold-cast

Today I was lucky enough to get a second Alley Viper. (Even with the revision cases, I've seen Alley Viper only three times since that wave was released.)

Alley Viper is truly a magnificent figure. If we took a vote on the best figures from Rise of AND Pursuit of Cobra, it is likely that Alley Viper would be placed near #1 and quite possibly would take the #1 spot, and will not have a rival until Shock Trooper v1 is released in the first wave of 2011.

In other words, Alley Viper is one of the greatest G.I. Joe figures to be released in years.

Yet Alley Viper is not meant to be purchased singly. He is meant to be an army builder and with each additional Alley Viper obtained they all add something to each other.

My challenge for you is this, let us compete to see who can obtain the most Alley Vipers.

So far I have 2. Is this more than you have Caped Crusader? Alcinde? Everyone else on the forum?

If so, then right now I am winning. Once someone obtains more Alley Vipers than the current winner, they must post a picture to let everyone and from that moment on they become the newest winner. Of course during this contest the winner will be constantly changing, and the ultimate victor will only be revealed months from now.

Some people might think that Alley Viper might end up at discount stores like many of the Rise of Cobra figures did. Let us remember that Rise of Cobra had a movie behind it, and Hasbro tends to overproduce movie figures. It is likely that Alley Viper won't end up at discount stores, especially considering that he has remained rare despite revision cases.

But regardless of what you think the future rarity of Alley Viper will be, he remains one of the best G.I. Joes currently available and will be for some time, and this is still my challenge to you all. Do you have the toy hunting skills to accept it?

Post subject: Re: A challenge for you and why you should accept it.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

/yawn

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:41 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
/yawn

Translation: "I just want attention. Lots and lots of attention. Please look at me. - JamestheRogue"

I'm hoping other people will be interested, I think this will be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm afraid you definition of Yawn is incorrect and since we are speaking English it does not require a translation. In this case it would indicate boredom as 1) I do not collect Gi Joe and 2) your posts are just weird.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 am 
Cold-cast

I used to not collect GI Joe either. Alley Viper is the figure that got me into the line. You should try and pick one up Ian.

What makes it so awesome is it has the best accessories. The three different removable helmets, one has a movable visor. The nightstick fits into the shield, and grappling hook fits onto the backpack. The knives you see on the figure itself look like they're just part of the figure, but they're removable too!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Had a long response-- deleted- just not worth my time...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 am 
Cold-cast

So I take it you won't be competing in the Alley Viper contest either Stewbacca? Lol.

I thought people would like this idea and think it was fun, guess I was wrong.

I like GI Joes now more than Marvel Universe. Lower price, more accessories, just as good detail and articulation. Lots of vehicles. You can actually find the figures (even the "rare" ones like Alley Viper) GI Joe blows MU out of the water.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:47 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I managed to find a couple of the new AV. But they have been pretty tough to come by, as I've only seen one other on the shelves.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Okay James. I'll play along. I don't think you'll get much participation from others, since you may have alienated yourself a bit with some of your previous posts. That aside, I have 5 Alley Vipers. I just picked one up on Sunday to bring it to that new total. They've been the hardest out of the POC line to find (for me). I regret that I didn't pick up 2 or 3 of them the one time I saw multiples on the pegs.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll see these at discount stores. Unless, Hasbro decides to crank them out in much larger quantities in the near future.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:20 am 
Unbreakable

I've got two Alley Vipers but I don't really have a burning desire for more. A cool figure but it just doesn't scream Cobra to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

JamesTheRogue wrote:
I used to not collect GI Joe either. Alley Viper is the figure that got me into the line. !

JamesTheRogue wrote:
n other words, Alley Viper is one of the greatest G.I. Joe figures to be released in years.

My point is how would you know...

and Personally I think the jungle viper is a much superior figure to the alley viper..

I have one alley viper-- and I wont participate (Ive left about 20 on the pegs with all the recent refreshes)- since I dont army build G.I. joe-- and although the alley viper is a great figure- if he ain't blue and orange- he ain't an alley viper (and for the actual joe fans- yes I know he was released in yellow and black and others). I have enough other lines to spend my money on..
I dont waste money on more of the same figure just to win a contest. (but coming from someone who had over 1500 clones- if I wanted to- you would lose)- but just make sure you dont let shockwave hear about your "contest"--because he could win in his sleep. Check out hisstank to see what I mean..

Plus will you still want to collect him if he becomes :shock: a common figure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:06 pm 
Cold-cast

Stewbacca, you mean you have 1,500 clone figure of the same type or 1,500 clones of different figures?

Either way that's an impressive collection and I would like to see pictures of it.

Well, looks like Alcinde has won this battle. I don't see myself getting more than 5 Alley Vipers (since I refuse to buy them loose on ebay and keep all my figures MOC). I think the only person who has a chance of overthrowing Alcinde is perhaps Caped Crusader or one of those guys from the HISS Tank forums.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:00 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm hoping to get a couple when TRU opens tonight.