Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: MU World War Hulk
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:06 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

That would be awesome. Just discard the gladiator outfit, and give us that Hulk sculpt. Pure genius :D. We could all pretend that the original green and gray ones never existed. Not that they were that bad, it's just that this one kicks some serious ass.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

kevfett wrote:
I like the WW Hulk alright, I just hope we can get a Hulk, on this level of coolness, without his gladiator outfit pretty soon.

THIS, Hasbro.

And alcinde4, they really were that bad. Look at their faces again. WTH? Really, Hasbro? Gray Hulk with a skinny, bug-eyed face???? REALLY?

Aahh, who'm I kidding? I bought it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm 

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
kevfett wrote:
I like the WW Hulk alright, I just hope we can get a Hulk, on this level of coolness, without his gladiator outfit pretty soon.

THIS, Hasbro.

And alcinde4, they really were that bad. Look at their faces again. WTH? Really, Hasbro? Gray Hulk with a skinny, bug-eyed face???? REALLY?

Aahh, who'm I kidding? I bought it anyway.

:lol: Sorry Eric. I was trying to be nice. I thought they really jacked up the headsculpt on the first version. It's the reason I don't own one. I used to pick it up every time I went in to the store, checking to see if it was just me, or maybe it was a QC issue :lol:.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:42 pm 
Tis' but a pup

There's been some bad Hulk's by both Hasbro & Toy Biz. But who would've thought that the little MU line would bring us, arguably, the best Hulk figure ever?! I mean... I'm looking at it next to my Bowen bust... and there's no comparison. MU all the way... and I'm all in!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 pm 
Tis' but a pup

[/quote] :lol: Sorry Eric. I was trying to be nice. I thought they really jacked up the headsculpt on the first version. It's the reason I don't own one. I used to pick it up every time I went in to the store, checking to see if it was just me, or maybe it was a QC issue :lol:.[/quote]

And by the way, I think this is the Hulk the original MU Hulk was based off. Not Hasbro's fault... blame Marvel!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:33 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Ouch! That's a terrible drawing!

Anyway, I picked up a WWHulk fig today (from a comic shop in Niagara Falls)
and the second I pulled him out from the blister his left leg fell off!!! :shock: :roll: :evil:

-Great looking figure, even if I'm not a fan of the storyline.
Lots of detail on such a relatively small sized toy.

Back in the day we used to play D&D and one of my buddies used Hulk as a character in gladiator armor, so technically this IS a figure of his character. Man, it would've been awesome to get this figure back then!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:21 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I am not a Hulk fan- but I had to pick this one up beacuse it looked cool-- (and I couldnt pass it up for 5.00).. And those gray and green hulks were beyond horrible-- I didnt get the Grey one -- because I was waiting for them to give me the Mr. Fixit version first-- and personally I dont need another green Hulk-(the Secret Wars ones works for me)--

If they had to do one-- I'd rather see the Smart Hulk-- when he used to hang with the Pantheon (and I only know about that Group from the War and Pieces X-Factor crossover)..

However-- as a total geek service for me-- I would love to see them do him in the Baseball outfit where he plays against the Rhino (also wearing a Baseball outfit)- since thats the only way I will ever see that Rhino figure..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Its not better than this one, but I agree its a sweet figure. :) (Nostalgia is probably clouding my judgement.)
And I agree that the oversize MU figs are the bomb. Getting a little behind, though. No Thanos or WWH for me yet.

3 3/4" Archives

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm 

Oh my goodness!! I so had that figure. It was one of my favorites. It was buried in my toy box as a kid, until I went off to college and it "mysteriously" disappeared along with most of the rest of my toys/comics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I liked the SW Hulk just fine but the Grey and first Green one sucked.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

NeoCon, thanks for the reference pic. I'm sure that's where they got those ugly, ugly figures from. With those figures, the madder Hulk gets, the fuglier he gets!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:38 pm 
The Last Word

Cantina-Dan wrote:
No Thanos or WWH for me yet.
I haven't even seen Thanos yet. Not that I've made any special trips to look for him, or anything, but I've been in plenty of toy aisles since that wave hit retail. I've only seen signs of his case assortment twice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 am 
Factory Worker

Caped Crusader wrote:
Cantina-Dan wrote:
No Thanos or WWH for me yet.
I haven't even seen Thanos yet. Not that I've made any special trips to look for him, or anything, but I've been in plenty of toy aisles since that wave hit retail. I've only seen signs of his case assortment twice.

I am in exactly the same boat as you are Caped Crusader. The one difference is that I HAVE been looking for the Thanos figure and also have several friends/co-collectors and even relatives on the look out for the Thanos figure. I am a pretty big fan of Marvel Universe but even worse I have always been a fan of the Hulk. For the last 34 years solid as a matter of fact.

What does all of that have to do with the Thanos figure? Well, as much as I really like the Marvel Universe toy line...I like the over sized figures even more! For some reason I have always liked the big bruiser sort of characters in comics and from what I have seen online and on the back of some of the Marvel Universe packages...Thanos may well be the largest figure (after Galactus) in the Marvel Universe toy line thus far (of course I won't really know until I have the figure in hand and can directly compare it to the other big guns).

The first figure that I purchased in the Marvel Universe toy line was the Wrecker for several reasons. First of all...he's one of my favorite Marvel Comics villains. Also, at the time I was only collecting Iron Man 2 comic series figures and I needed more villains for my collection and display. So, I started looking more seriously at the Marvel Universe toy line and boy did I like a lot of what I was seeing. When I was at the store and noticed the Wrecker figure...I looked through the couple figures that the store had and found the one with the nicest paint apps (I am so used to this being a long time, mega hard core JLU collector for many years) and purchased my first Marvel Universe figure.

At first I didn't anticipate my buying very many Marvel Universe figures. I had planned on just purchasing select figures that would fit in nicely and support my Iron Man 2 comic series figure collection. Needless to say that the Wrecker made perfect sense. Little did I know that the Wrecker was simply the beginning. I'm sure those of you who are still reading this post are wondering where I am going with this meandering story by now but please...bear with me a little longer.

The second Marvel Universe figure that I purchased was the green Hulk. This isn't what I planned on doing. I planned on tracking down and purchasing the entire Wrecking Crew. That's right, Piledriver, Thunderball and Bulldozer were my next potential Marvel Universe purchases at that point. Again, the Wrecking Crew are some of my favorite Marvel villains and would fit in nicely as villains to my Iron Man 2 comic series figure collection. However, when I got to the toy/comic store that I knew had a good selection of Marvel Universe figures, the owner was reluctant to work a trade for ALL of the Marvel Universe figures that I wanted to trade for. So, I started looking at all of the Marvel Universe figures that the store had on display. As soon as I picked up the green Hulk (single) figure...I was sold. I had enough trade available to get the green Hulk and a couple other Marvel Universe figures but the green Hulk figure was so awesome I was happy just getting it. I was so jazzed right then that I was actually going to purchase the grey and red Hulk at the same time but the toy/comic store that I was shopping at wanted $19.99 for each of the other two Hulk figures and that was just too much for me and still is.

Since that time I have traded for, purchased and received as gifts quite a many Marvel Universe figures for my collection. I still don't have the Red or Grey Hulk but am planning on adding both to my collection when the opportunity presents itself and I have the funds that I think the figures are worth.

Strangely as this may be, even after several opportunites, I have not picked up the MU World War Hulk figure yet to add to my collection and I may never get it. As I stated earlier, I am a monster Hulk fan for almost my entire life. I enjoyed the Planet Hulk and even the World War Hulk storylines as part of the grand epic that is the Hulk's legend. I even like the design and appearance of the MU World War Hulk figure. Heck...I might like the design and finished product of the MU World War Hulk figure more so than the standard green and grey Hulk figures. However...when I think of the Hulk....the overall image of what I see in my mind is miles closer to both the green and grey Hulk figures than it is to the World War Hulk figure.

I guess what I am saying is that, while I really admire the MU World War Hulk figure and think that it looks so...well...incredible when compared to the comic book images that clearly inspired the figure; I would much rather have the green or grey MU Hulk figure in my MU collection as a representation of the comic book character icon that is the HULK.

I hope all of what I just said makes at least some sense to someone out there that is reading this long winded post. It makes sense to me...but I would hope that it would. LOL! :D

Who knows, I may end up adding the MU World War Hulk figure to my MU collection down the road. More than likely, odds are, I will receive the figure as a gift from a fellow collector/friend or relative and then will I stick it in my MU collection right next to my green, grey and red Hulk figures.

One thing that I will say in defense of the MU World War Hulk figure is that it is my sincere hope that Hasbro can make all of the future MU figures look so visually comic accurate as what they managed to do with the World War Hulk figure.

Also, sorry about the length of the post for those of you who managed to read this far. I don't post all that often nor do I talk to all that many people about my action figure collections. Once I get started things like this post tend to occur. :D

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:14 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Wow.... That's alot. Usually, if I see a figure I like... I buy it.

Post subject: WWH has a GREAT sculpt...BUUUUT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 am 
Tis' but a pup

How has no one called Hasbro out on how UNDERSIZED HE IS!! standing side by side with a normal sized character he is super short!

Had to pass because the bro messed up on scale...he should be at least two heads taller than your base MU fig...IMHO