Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toy Fair 2011 - Marvel Universe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'd take all of those that Clutch mentioned. Especially Beta Ray Bill and Grey Gargoyle. I'm okay with the Absorbing Man we already have. I think he's pretty damn good actually.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

alcinde4 wrote:
I'm okay with the Absorbing Man we already have. I think he's pretty damn good actually.
He is great, actually. I'm just thinking that since the Doom and Ultron from the Secret Wars packs are being re-released on single cards, so should 'ol Crusher. I don't think too many folks got to appreciate him the first time around. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm 
5th Horseman

I see your reasoning Clutch, and if they do put Absorbo on a Single Card I would like them also to put Thunderball on Single Card as well. I never wanted the figure he came with but I did want Thunderball, also would love to see the Enchantress on Single Card as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 pm 

I'd love to have Enchantress on a single card, IF they fix her headsculpt. She's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous. Hence the name. Her head sculpt doesn't do her any justice. She looks kind of manly to me, which is why I don't have that comic pack.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:00 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I would take all that has been mentioned but yeah, I don't remember a Crusader or Scarlet Scarab but it has been a while since I've read any Thor. I would like a more detailed face sculpt for Enchantress, too but is that even possible being such a small scale.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:48 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Ugh. Invisible Woman. Thats Why I Prefer DC. Because Marvel Universe Has No Variation What So Ever. I Was Thinking About Starting To Collect The Marvel Universe Figures... But Not After I Went Down My List Of Figures I'd Want From Marvel. Not Even One Character On My List Of Wants Were Made Into Marvel Universe Figures. Huge Disappointment. And Def Tired Of The Main Cast Of Marvel Characters. (Spider Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, So On) When They Actually Decide To Make More Interesting Female Figures... Then I Might Change I Mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 pm 
Hat Pooper

Icey6969 wrote:
Ugh. Invisible Woman. Thats Why I Prefer DC. Because Marvel Universe Has No Variation What So Ever. I Was Thinking About Starting To Collect The Marvel Universe Figures... But Not After I Went Down My List Of Figures I'd Want From Marvel. Not Even One Character On My List Of Wants Were Made Into Marvel Universe Figures. Huge Disappointment. And Def Tired Of The Main Cast Of Marvel Characters. (Spider Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, So On) When They Actually Decide To Make More Interesting Female Figures... Then I Might Change I Mind.

When MU started I thought the same thing, nothing new. But when the Wrecking Crew showed up, i was like, "okay, they got me..."
I know they make a lot of the "Spider Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, So On" figures, but they also make some random ones that set it apart i think...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 pm 
5th Horseman

Nothing new hell we have Wonderman, Quicksilver, Rocket Raccoon (You can tell I really want this one, lol), Groot and Adam Warlock I wouldn't say these were mainstream characters.

I think Hasbro is doing a good job on their selections, I would like to see a little less Spiderman and Captain America and Thor and Iron Man in the line up seeing they have their own lines now, and more of the B-D characters made from Marvel, hell I still want Howard the Duck and Manthing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:14 pm 
5th Horseman

alcinde4 wrote:
I'd love to have Enchantress on a single card, IF they fix her headsculpt. She's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous. Hence the name. Her head sculpt doesn't do her any justice. She looks kind of manly to me, which is why I don't have that comic pack.

Alc at this scale do you think they could improve the head sculpt, you have to remember these aren't Marvel Legends they are smaller, however if they could and did I would be all for that as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 pm 
Tis' but a pup

ivelostr2 wrote:
Icey6969 wrote:

When MU started I thought the same thing, nothing new. But when the Wrecking Crew showed up, i was like, "okay, they got me..."
I know they make a lot of the "Spider Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, So On" figures, but they also make some random ones that set it apart i think...

Right. I Understand What Your Saying... Thats Why I Said I Might Change My Mind When More Variety Comes :) If They Make Lady Deathstrike In Her "Kelly Hu Look" Im So In. Or Psylocke After Her Body Transfer Would Be Good Too, Along With Any Of The Polaris'. O And Cant Forget About Jubilee :DD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:23 pm 

MU has done a fantastic job with character diversity in 2010-11. So I really don't see a problem there. As far as the A-list character repeats in the case assortments, this has been discussed ad nauseam. RETAILERS WILL NOT BUY OFF ON CASE ASSORTMENTS THAT ARE NOT A-LIST CHARACTER HEAVY.
Hasbro, Mattel and other toy makers' customers are the retailers. Period. It's not an approach that collectors like (hell I hate it), but it's what the stores want.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:25 pm 
An Insider

Psylocke has gotta happen at some point; I want my X-Force team.

Fantomex might be a pipe dream, but no biggie, I've just been using an ROC Storm Shadow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:32 pm 
Tis' but a pup

@alcinde4
I Hear You On That. Im Aware That They Have To Include A-List Characters Because It Has To Appeal To Moms Before Collectors. Sad Truth... But Totally Understandable.

@Sean Whitmore
Right?!?! I Woulda Thought They Made Her Already Since She Is A Pretty Popular Female Character. I Mean Not As Much As All The Others Such As Storm... But Shes Up There.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:41 pm 

Man, I completely forgot about Psylocke. Yes please. Give me Betsy Braddock. Come to think of it, there's tons of X-men still to be done.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 pm 
Tis' but a pup

alcinde4 wrote:
Man, I completely forgot about Psylocke. Yes please. Give me Betsy Braddock. Come to think of it, there's tons of X-men still to be done.

Im Hoping For The Psylocke After Besty Gets Her Body Switched With Kwannon (Revanche). But I Wont Mind The Original Betsy Braddock. Just Prefer The Asian Psylocke :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next