Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Transformers Reveal The Shield line/ New Windcharger axed?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I've discovered that the upcoming Scout Class Windcharger and the other figures in his wave might not make it to U.S. retailers due to Hasbro cancelling their Reveal The Shield line. Looks like the third movie is crowding the other stuff out somehow, so Windcharger and company are only turning up in Canada and the U.K. but not here.

This sucks on so many levels. I've been tracking the prices on eBay and there's not a single BIN to be found. All figures are on auction. There's been talk that Hasbro's undistributed domestic stock could go the Ross/Maxx way, but it's just an assumption right now. Also, I just read that Hasbro is thinking of releasing these through some other means, but that's also a rumor right now.

I was really looking forward to Windcharger and the new G1 version of Grapple, seeing how the G1 Generations/Legends product is sadly being phased out. In fact, I believe that Reveal The Shield hasn't lasted over a year yet.

If anyone has further info, thoughts, or possible sightings, please share them in this thread.

Post subject: Re: Transformers Reveal The Shield line/ New Windcharger axe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:27 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Yes, I saw this news over the weekend. I'm hoping these find a way into the market.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... wn-171877/

Quote:
Many United States Transformers collectors have been searching effortlessly (and in vain) for the Reveal the Shield Scouts and Legends figures. Our friends overseas have had plenty of luck, and those who order from online collectable stores have been fortunate, but what's in the store for the rest of us?

We may have your answer, and it's not good.

According to various Hasbro Retail Merchandiser Reps, it would seem that Hasbro has chosen to cancel the Reveal the Shield Scout Assortment in the United States. Beyond the evidence that these figures cannot be found anywhere, word is coming in that some online retailers are cancelling existing pre-orders that they now cannot fill.

This means that the United States may not see a retail release of Windcharger, Chopsaw, Rumble, Bodylock, and Downshift.

As for the Reveal the Shield Legends Assortment? That is apparently still up in the air, but the major retail chains are not placing orders for these figures, as they are still sitting on Hunt for the Decepticons and there's apparently a giant, blockbuster movie and toy release on the horizon that they are ordering the H-E-double hockey stick out of...

The last bit of information we got out of our conversations is that Hasbro is currently looking at a different avenue to get these figures released. We're going to keep this as A RUMOR for the time being, but if you want to be assured any of those figures, your best bet is to start looking at imports or online retailers.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm 
5" Scale

I just ordered Generations Thundercracker and Wheeljack from HTS. I'd much rather pay that shipping than not ever see them at retail!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:22 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

brand42 wrote:
I just ordered Generations Thundercracker and Wheeljack from HTS. I'd much rather pay that shipping than not ever see them at retail!

Wheeljack out of stock before I could get one. :( Perhaps there's still a chance I will find one at retail, along with a few others.

I can't speak for everyone but I have absolutely no interest in the movie line. It's a shame that Reveal the Shield/Generations will probably get axed when there are a ton of G1 characters they can do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Does this affect Warpath at all? He's the only Autobot I want.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm really disappointed by all this. I never got a shot at picking up Inferno and now Grapple might be worse! Argh!

I want to pick up TC & WJ, but I'd much rather find them in person. I'll just have to cross my fingers. Though if HTS puts them up again, I might go for it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I've got Hasbro Toy Shop's TF section bookmarked and have yet to see Windcharger or Grapple. I'm now wondering if they were ever available at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 pm 
An Insider

Shellhead wrote:
Does this affect Warpath at all? He's the only Autobot I want.

Deluxes haven't been mentioned as being in danger, but I'm still nervous about him. He's part of the last wave of Generations (as far as we know so far, the only figure in that wave), and could very easily slip into limbo as the TF3 stuff appears.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

I was no fan of the movies and their respective toy offspring, but I hate 'em with a passion now. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Lt. Clutch wrote:
I was no fan of the movies and their respective toy offspring, but I hate 'em with a passion now. :evil:

That's how I have always felt. At least after Universe we got Generations, so perhaps we will get another G1 line in the future, especially if IDW's book continues to do well. After reading Last Stand of the Wreckers (TPB) I'd love to see these:

Overlord
Snare
Pyro
Ironfist
Rotorstorm
Impactor :D

and how about Squadron X (Loved the references to former G1 one time characters)

Macabre
Fang
Tornado
Earthquake
Triton
Ferak
Crosscut

and how about updates on

Springer
Roadbuster
Whirl
Guzzle

It might not be much consolation Lt. Clutch, but the G1 Grapple looks great with the Deluxe Universe, Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Frequency wrote:
Springer
Roadbuster
Whirl
Guzzle

It might not be much consolation Lt. Clutch, but the G1 Grapple looks great with the Deluxe Universe, Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures.

I do have Grapple's G1 Hasbro re-release but I haven't opened him yet. I should note that the new version is showing up in some Asian auctions on eBay, so we might see him turn up here in some form. If anything else, I'll pay the $$$ for him and Windcharger in case the cancellations are made official.

I love the Wreckers! We now have Kup and Perceptor, so Springer is a must. It would be cool to have updates of both Whirl and Roadbuster. As for Guzzle, I've always had a soft spot for the Sparkabots. I used to have him along with Fizzle and Sizzle, so I'm all for these guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'd have liked a Windcharger but oh well. Not worth more then $10 to me. These lines are pretty weird with who gets stock of what wave. I wouldn't worry too much about Warpath. he's hitting all the online retailers so he definitely will not be a Windcharger type release.

I love the movies but hate the fact that they have made transformers so much more expensive being a G1 collector. I pretty much have a complete G1 loose set but I am collecting MIB ones now and they can be hard to find for a good price. I have most of 1984 MIB though and the dinobots so working on it slowly.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson