Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: G.I. Joe: Retaliation line
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:42 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

What's up with the cape on the Joe trooper?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm 
3 3/4"

Shellhead wrote:
I think Zed's right guys. Those drivers don't have knee joints.

That's a rip off, no doubt about it.

Both clutch and SE have no elbows and t-crotched.

Flint on bike has no elbows either.

I was going to grab the vehicle with clutch just for clutch when I realized that, I'll just find one of the older ones on evilbay.

Eh I'll between this, avengers being so repetitive, and star wars lacking in shipping I will be saving tons of money this year. Wonder if they weill screw up Marvel Universe too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Yeah, at this point, MU might be the only 3.75 line that can redeem Hasbro this year.

At least we have Legends. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 am 
3 3/4"

There are legends, but unfortunatly I don't collect 6 inch scale :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 am 

Here you go. Let the bitch-fest commence about Lady Jaye being an NYCC exclusive:

http://www.gijoeclub.com/toyfair12/toyfair12preview.cfm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 am 
active in the community

I'm liking the Dragon Ninja, finally I will have my generic ninja army! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:02 pm 
Tis' but a pup

So the females are exclusives this year, kinda sexist, little boys need to be learn that female figures are just a cool as male and parents need to get with the program too. It's 2012.
End of rant.

Lady Jaye is the same body as the new Renegades Scarlett figure, which is odd. The body is a bit skinny and more cartoonish for the movie line.

Love the yellow Jinx as well as the 2 SDCC versions, not looking forward to dealing with that Hasbro booth again though. Can someone explain whats up with the "Kim Arashikage" please. I'll be disappointed if the SDCC figures don't list her as Jinx.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:06 pm 
An Insider

theamazingamzon wrote:
Love the yellow Jinx as well as the 2 SDCC versions, not looking forward to dealing with that Hasbro booth again though.

The last time I was at that booth, it was to get Movie Destro, so if I go again this year it'll be a nice symmetry.

I didn't find it that bad, to be honest. At least I got what I wanted; I couldn't even get in the line to get in the line for the Mattel booth.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Sean Whitmore wrote:
theamazingamzon wrote:
Love the yellow Jinx as well as the 2 SDCC versions, not looking forward to dealing with that Hasbro booth again though.

The last time I was at that booth, it was to get Movie Destro, so if I go again this year it'll be a nice symmetry.

I didn't find it that bad, to be honest. At least I got what I wanted; I couldn't even get in the line to get in the line for the Mattel booth.

Mattel now does a pre-order for SDCC making it much nicer. Last year trying to get Zarana was a nightmare, the line filled in less then a minute and they were not letting people line up outside the booth then people were just standing around blocking the isles. After a quite a while the got smart and allowed us to form a line along the back wall of the convention center, but then people were cutting and it was just a mess. Not to mention the mass confusion to get the time tickets before the hall even opened. In the end I got what I wanted and meet some cool people in line but it was not well thought out on Hasbro/SDCC part.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:45 pm 
An Insider

theamazingamzon wrote:
Mattel now does a pre-order for SDCC making it much nicer. Last year trying to get Zarana was a nightmare, the line filled in less then a minute and they were not letting people line up outside the booth then people were just standing around blocking the isles. After a quite a while the got smart and allowed us to form a line along the back wall of the convention center, but then people were cutting and it was just a mess. Not to mention the mass confusion to get the time tickets before the hall even opened. In the end I got what I wanted and meet some cool people in line but it was not well thought out on Hasbro/SDCC part.

How does Preview Night work into things? Can exclusives be gotten there, or do you just get a ticket or something to stand in the exclusive lines later?

I missed it in '09 and that's what made getting into any of the exclusive lines that weekend such a blasted nightmare.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:12 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Sean Whitmore wrote:
How does Preview Night work into things? Can exclusives be gotten there, or do you just get a ticket or something to stand in the exclusive lines later?

I missed it in '09 and that's what made getting into any of the exclusive lines that weekend such a blasted nightmare.

Hasbro's exclusives are available on Preview night, which is when I was planning to get them. No go, dealers waited near the both and when the floor opened they swarmed it. I got to the booth within 2 minutes of opening and it was full and they were not letting anyone else in. The line was full on closed for the night! It was awful! I'd love to see Hasbro do a pre order like Mattel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

The movie stuff is okay, although the only figure I'm interested in is Bruce Willis for the novelty factor.

The vintage style Night Viper is probably the best surprise yet. He should prove a popular army builder.

Lastly, still no Kwinn. I'd rather have him released in Slaughter-level numbers than not at all, which seems to be the case so far.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 pm 

Yeah, I'd really like to get a Kwinn figure made. I think a lot've people assumed that he'd be the SDCC exclusive this year. I don't care how we get him. Just so long as we do. I wanted that Data Viper they showed last year too. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
Here you go. Let the bitch-fest commence about Lady Jaye being an NYCC exclusive:

Shes a figure I was going to skip-- so not that big a deal to me-- I may pick her up from the website afterwards- but if I dont get her- wouldnt be a big loss...

Now Red Jinx is going to bother me If I dont get her..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:40 am 
Displays Backwards

alcinde4 wrote:

She's not an exclusive, she's in Wave 3. The Club must have mixed up their info.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next