Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: AVENGERS - Movie / Comic Line
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm 
Cold-cast

Sean Whitmore wrote:
brand42 wrote:
And since I've heard about so many wave 3 sightings, I would imagine that BBTS will get their shipments really soon?

Cripes, I hope so.

Hearing about everyone else finding them is like hearing from people in Australia about seeing koala bears. I'm happy for you, but they don't exist here, and now I wanna see!

Same in my area i want the comic series hawkeye #5 and the skrulls but..sigh...i have just given up. One more thing to add to the pile of wanting and not finding. I have full mu wv 17 and some past mu variants if anyone cares to trade. I'm hoping that at some point i will find these like i found Marvel's Destroyer.

I don't understand why the toy manufacturers short pack stuff like this. It's not the 90's where hunting was fun. We live in the evilbay age where everything and anything is scalped for profit. The only people who come ahead are the ebay resellers. I just wish they would change the case packs. How many thor, iron man and cap figures can you sell. The comic series figures do so well. I really think the big retailers need to step in change this, it hurts them too when the pegs are full of crap and no one buys them. This hobby is getting super frustrating and incredibly painful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

To be fair-- The Skrulls are not shortpacked (neither is Movie Hawkeye)-- they are both 2 per case in the new assortment-- Ive personally seen about 12 Skrulls on the pegs (granted not as frequent as some of the others- -and no excuse for widow only being one per case)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:40 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

If anyone needs it - I do have an extra Skrull available..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 pm 
Displays Backwards

Zim wrote:

I don't understand why the toy manufacturers short pack stuff like this. It's not the 90's where hunting was fun. We live in the evilbay age where everything and anything is scalped for profit. The only people who come ahead are the ebay resellers. I just wish they would change the case packs. How many thor, iron man and cap figures can you sell. The comic series figures do so well. I really think the big retailers need to step in change this, it hurts them too when the pegs are full of crap and no one buys them. This hobby is getting super frustrating and incredibly painful.

You are very right. The freaking one per cases guys get snapped up and the others seem to rot on the pegs. Sometimes I feel like these scalpers could care less who the figures are, as long as they are one per case the creeps will buy them up and try to make a quick buck. I really wish people would stop buying in panic mode off of Ebay, and that these toy company's would do a better job of changing with the times and adjusting to what's actually happening in the retail stores.

I did find the new wave of Avengers today, at a terrible K-Mart which never has anything. I guess the good thing about that is most people probably pass that place by and so I was lucky enough to find a fresh case. Now I don't have to worry about finding them (Mattel still has me on the hunt for quite a few things, though - thanks you dumbasses!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 am 
3 3/4"

Good, bad, and the ugly is really a good definition of what the first half of 2012 is looking like. Some catching up and some newer stuffs fill out this review of Loki, ASM Lizard, Scorpion and Wonder Man/Quicksilver Comic pack.

Enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/summe ... r2012.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:59 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Found a Hawkeye at Kmart near Penn Station. No Black Widow but I'm not interested in her, much more interested in Nick Fury, which there have been no sightings of. Sidebar: anybody else want a comic series Nick Fury in a suit from the 60's? And by suit I mean suit and tie...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 pm 
An Insider

Masked Avenger wrote:
but I'm not interested in her, much more interested in Nick Fury, which there have been no sightings of.

Do we know for sure what's coming after the current Hawkeye/BW wave?

I've heard rumors about Nick Fury and the Chitauri, but I haven't heard anything official.

EDIT: Asked and answered, thanks to the Fwoosh.

The new Fury figure looks okay, I guess. But I dig the first one's soft jacket, and it's tough to beat a G.I. Joe body. Especially given this line's predilection for neutered articulation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 am 
Resin

Black Widow and Hawkeye are back in stock at Impulse Creations. Unfortunately the price has gone up to $20.99 and $17.99. ...I guess my hunt for BW continues...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm 
Resin

Visited two Kmarts today and both had just put out a new case of Avengers figures. The only figure missing was BLACK WIDOW!!!! I've reached that point where the hunt begins to suck...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Don't give up Bert- I've managed to find Black Widow four times at retail in the last few weeks- K-Mart is one good place to check, but I've also started finding them at Toys R Us and even Babies R Us. good luck!

V

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Not sure if this has been discussed but I saw two new 4 comic series packs basically all repaints of the Marvel Universe figures at Wal-mart. One had Thor, Iron Man, Capt America and Black Widow and the other had Loki, Hulk (new mold), Hawkeye and another Iron man for $29.99.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
Not sure if this has been discussed but I saw two new 4 comic series packs basically all repaints of the Marvel Universe figures at Wal-mart. One had Thor, Iron Man, Capt America and Black Widow and the other had Loki, Hulk (new mold), Hawkeye and another Iron man for $29.99.

Yes it has.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:07 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Cool, wasn't interested in going through 9 pages to see.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:

i so understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 pm 
Displays Backwards

ian5555 wrote:

You lazy boogledong!

I know how you feel - it's hard to keep with everything everywhere. I've even scrolled through pages and pages of stuff to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I miss it anyway, and get called out for it. Ya just can't win.

As for this line, I feel very lucky I found Black Widow once at K-Mart, haven't seen her since. I don't need any more figures to be on the hunt for, Mattel is driving me crazy with their WWE line. Good luck to you guys who are still looking for ScarJo!

Anybody finding any helmet-less Caps? I had read they were in the second wave at Wal-Mart or something, but I think that was just wishful thinking. Hasbro would have sold more figures if they had just made it the regular figure and skipped this variant crap they seem to love.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next