Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man figures?...
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Which one is it?
I haven't seen many physical Doc Ock's where I live, the only one I've seen is from this series.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TB_Showdow ... ctopus.asp

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 pm 
An Insider

Yeah, the Showdown release is the one Ock fans should be tracking down.

That said, the ASM figures just hit my area today, so I picked up their Ock as well. I may or may not even keep him, since the articulation sucks and the fact ain't much better. But at the very least, it's a valid alternate costume he's worn over the years.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm 
Displays Backwards

So is Web Cannon Spider-Man the movie accurate figure?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 am 
Cold-cast

Found a Doc Ock at Meijer today.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:09 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Found the comic series today. Sloppy paint and terribly limited articulation for $10 was what I saw.

The Doc Ock is better than the Spider-Man 3.75" version from a couple of years ago, but he isn't good enough. His goggles weren't even painted properly. The prototype shown on the package would have been better with his swivel gloves and properly painted goggles. While it would be nice to have a new MU-scale DO, it wasn't hard for me to leave this one on the pegs.

Venom's face is horrible. While he does have knee articulation, I prefer the one from a couple of years ago.

The Green Goblin has a limited paint palette and is virtually indistinguishable from the last three GG figures we've gotten. (You can tell the difference, but there's nothing special here. It's just another GG figure. Why not go with Hobgoblin or comic Lizard or Shocker or Mysterio or anyone else since there's still the other line's GG hanging on the next peg over?)

The Spider-Men... well, at least we got the classic, Reilly, and symbiote costumes. Too bad they've all been done better in the last two years.

All in all, I found three new toylines on the pegs today (ASM, DKR, and PA-Batman) and bought not a single figure. How disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Saw the movie series at Walmart last night, I was tempted to get the Ultra-poseable Spidey to open, then I saw the $9 price tag...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:22 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Sorry they are a little blurry

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:56 pm 
Cold-cast

Nice haul, Black Widow and Hawkeye. Now I have to search for those figures.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 am 
Cold-cast

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Found the comic series today. Sloppy paint and terribly limited articulation for $10 was what I saw.

The Doc Ock is better than the Spider-Man 3.75" version from a couple of years ago, but he isn't good enough. His goggles weren't even painted properly. The prototype shown on the package would have been better with his swivel gloves and properly painted goggles. While it would be nice to have a new MU-scale DO, it wasn't hard for me to leave this one on the pegs.

Venom's face is horrible. While he does have knee articulation, I prefer the one from a couple of years ago.

The Green Goblin has a limited paint palette and is virtually indistinguishable from the last three GG figures we've gotten. (You can tell the difference, but there's nothing special here. It's just another GG figure. Why not go with Hobgoblin or comic Lizard or Shocker or Mysterio or anyone else since there's still the other line's GG hanging on the next peg over?)

All in all, I found three new toylines on the pegs today (ASM, DKR, and PA-Batman) and bought not a single figure. How disappointing.

The Spider-Men... well, at least we got the classic, Reilly, and symbiote costumes. Too bad they've all been done better in the last two years.

Your comments are Seconded!!! Saw these this weekend, full cases everywhere no one was buying them (considering the buzz and hordes of collectors and scalpers this weekend If ).

If you are looking at the doc ock, venom, and goblin to mix into your MU collection, i can tell you with absolute confidence that they do no blend at all. I even did a comparisons for my wife and she said there is no way they are blending. The paint and plastic and production quality is really bad. The body types are wrong. For MU collectors i say don't wast your time with these and wait till one shows up in MU. Kraven is a good sign that spiderman villains are on the horizon. It is like comparing a bmw x6 to a dodge carvan. I cancelled my order.

Now if someone could help me out by hooking me up with the avengers skrull and the comic series #5 hawkeye, i could would be super happy. I have psylocke and some other mu vriants. pm me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I picked up the 4" Ultra-Posable Spider-Man & movie Lizard at Shop-Rite this morning. They had a box display with at least 3 each of them in it along with some of the Concept & Comic versions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There is a 6" figure coming, too, right?... Is that one a Walmart exclusive like the Avengers?...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:56 am 
shirtless hugger

Jim_Abell wrote:
There is a 6" figure coming, too, right?... Is that one a Walmart exclusive like the Avengers?...

That's the word I heard. 6" figures of movie Spidey, movie The Lizard, and Miles Morales Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:55 am 
Fugitive Dust

Hi guys, does anyone know how (or if you can) to take the head off the 3 3/4" Ultra Possible Spidey?

I tried to heat it, but I'm having some trouble and don't want to warp the plastic or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:43 pm 
Resin

Anyone know anything about the "limited edition" Amazing Spider-Man figure that Regal Cinemas is giving out at its midnight showings? They've posted it on Facebook and there are posters at the theaters but no info on manufacturer, scale, ect...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next