Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man figures?...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 am 
shirtless hugger

BertDert wrote:
Anyone know anything about the "limited edition" Amazing Spider-Man figure that Regal Cinemas is giving out at its midnight showings? They've posted it on Facebook and there are posters at the theaters but no info on manufacturer, scale, ect...

I don't know anything as far as info on the figure goes. I do know that I called my local Regal today to see if they got these, and they did, but that they only got like 10 of them. Talk about limited edition!

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am 
Resin

Joe G. wrote:
I don't know anything as far as info on the figure goes. I do know that I called my local Regal today to see if they got these, and they did, but that they only got like 10 of them. Talk about limited edition!

Yeah, 12-14 seems to be the # I keep getting. And no one knows exactly how they're going to distribute them yet. "First come, first served" seems to be unlikely. I've heard everything from "We're going to ask trivia questions" to "We're going to hide them under random seats." One theater said if you're seeing a 2-d showing you are out of the running, which goes against the corporate advertisements which just say "midnight showings." Oh well, I wasn't in a hurry to see this movie and without any reasonable chance of getting the figure I'm fine waiting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am 
shirtless hugger

From posts on the Regal Facebook page, it looks like the 'exclusive' figure was just the Marvel Select 6" Spidey.

Speaking of 6" Spidey, I heard the Walmart-exclusives are starting to hit in Australia. Only a matter of time now before they get to the States, hopefully.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Joe G. wrote:
From posts on the Regal Facebook page, it looks like the 'exclusive' figure was just the Marvel Select 6" Spidey.

Speaking of 6" Spidey, I heard the Walmart-exclusives are starting to hit in Australia. Only a matter of time now before they get to the States, hopefully.

I hope so, But I think it is so stupid that Hasbro/Walmart don't release these for weeks after the movie premiere. I just hope they come out soon and are easy to find, (unlike Avengers were for most people.) I would have been fine with the 3 inch Spidey figure, except he is not as movie accurate as the 6 inch, but whatever I suppose.

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:00 am 
Displays Backwards

For anyone who has seen the film, does the Lizard turn invisible in the movie like he does on the second figure Hasbro released? Just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I didn't see him turn invisible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:05 pm 
Displays Backwards

Cool, thanks. I guess I'll probably pass on the fig. I saw it at Wal-Mart and it looked okay, but if he had actually turned invisible in the film it would have held more appeal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:28 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Just out of curiosity there hasn't been a 6-7" scale release to the movie figures yet is there?

Wal-Mart has like the 3-3/4 scale version in variety along with I believe those barely 5" scale figures with like a whip or web thingy coming out of their hands, some figures with mobile accessories like bike or something, but nothing in the 6-7" scale? I find it odd.

Is there like a release date for it yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
There is a 7 inch figure available at Barnes and Noble or Disney stores. And a 6 inch Hasbro figure will be a Walmart exclusive released n the next couple of weeks or so. Here are links to the Diamond Select 7 inch figures, one is an unmasked variant, only available at Disney Stores around the country or online. The other is a Metallic paint finish variant only available at DisneyStore.com. You can get a regular no Metallic paint finish version at Barnes and Noble or Specialty/Comic Shops...
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-marvel-select-the-amazing-spider-man-unmasked-spider-man-action-figure-7-h/mp/1310399/1000255/?D=amazing+spiderman&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=amazing+spiderman&Dr=pPublished%3A1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-marvel-select-the-amazing-spider-man-spider-man-action-figure-7-h/mp/1310089/1000255/?D=amazing+spiderman&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=amazing+spiderman&Dr=pPublished%3A1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:34 pm 
serves the Otter

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/SDCC-2012-Amazing-Spider-Man-005_1342047843.jpg

So yeah Hasbro has an Unmasked 6 inch Amazing Spider-Man figure coming out, So I have a question to anyone who is at SDCC right now... Do you know when and where the figure will be released, along with the other Walmart exclusive Spider-Man movie figures?... Thanks.
Well it looks like I can take back the uber expensive Diamond Select toys one at least. But seriously Hasbro really needs to get these 6" figures out and also let people know when so we can actually, you know... buy them. :roll:

D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:28 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I agree, it is really surprising me, the delay on the 6" movie figures. And at SDCC they are already showing the unmasked version when the masked one hasn't even started showing up yet!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:19 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

So, any idea when the 6" figure should start showing up? I can't figure out why these (and the Avengers) weren't out concurrent with the movie release.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Seriously. I just want that 6" Ultimate Spidey.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Me, too. I'd buy both the movie and Ultimate versions.

Are we getting any other 6 inch figures? Anybody got a link to the 6 inch line?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

A lonely voice echoes through the toy wilderness:

Anybody seen the six inch figures at Wal-mart . . . mart . . . mart . . . mart ?

:lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next