Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 6" Avengers movie figures (ML style)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Joe G. wrote:
I didn't think they'd done a Mark VII figure yet...the latest armor version I've seen is Mark VI. The Mark VII is the armor he wears at the end of the film.

VI, VII you know what I meant! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 am 
5" Scale

Joe G. wrote:
Swung my my local Walmart again last night. Three pegs, all full. They had eight or nine each of Iron Man & Captain America, and one Thor. How does this happen? Two days ago they had three Iron Man figures and that was it. Are they stock-piling Hawkeyes and Hulks in the back room?

Sounds like the Hasbro Merchandiser might have made a stop in the store. If you notice more Hasbro on the shelves that's usually the case. That or a department manager that knows how to run their department and has a great overnight crew. I saw everyone but Hulk on the shelves a couple of days ago. I like the look of them but just have a hard time pulling the trigger at that price point. I realize that things are more expensive than they were a few years back but I just can't afford the luxury of collecting with the rising costs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 am 
shirtless hugger

The_Donster wrote:
Joe G. wrote:
Swung my my local Walmart again last night. Three pegs, all full. They had eight or nine each of Iron Man & Captain America, and one Thor. How does this happen? Two days ago they had three Iron Man figures and that was it. Are they stock-piling Hawkeyes and Hulks in the back room?

Sounds like the Hasbro Merchandiser might have made a stop in the store. If you notice more Hasbro on the shelves that's usually the case. That or a department manager that knows how to run their department and has a great overnight crew. I saw everyone but Hulk on the shelves a couple of days ago. I like the look of them but just have a hard time pulling the trigger at that price point. I realize that things are more expensive than they were a few years back but I just can't afford the luxury of collecting with the rising costs.

My complaint was not that there was product on the pegs, it was that there were no Lokis, Hawkeyes, or Hulks to be found.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Van Statten wrote:
Joe G. wrote:
I didn't think they'd done a Mark VII figure yet...the latest armor version I've seen is Mark VI. The Mark VII is the armor he wears at the end of the film.

VI, VII you know what I meant! :lol:

I think they could make a pretty quick-and-dirty MK VII just by repainting the War Machine figure into red & gold. It's bulky enough, and we know Hasbro hate to use new tooling if they can avoid it.

So, what are the odds of getting the sleeveless Thor that was shown a while back? Or Black Widow? Or Agent Coulson? They could do another wave of these, easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:50 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Yeah I finally got them in and from where.... China. These are not the best but it did offer me Hawkeye and Black Widow in the 7" Scale. They are considered PVC figure with limited articualtion.

Hawkeye - the head rotates 360, the arms rotate 360 - however there are no movements at the elbow or the hands, he does bend at the knees.

Black Widow - head and arms rotate 360. Gun is sealed in hand. Otherwise there is no other articulation. Does not stand well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:57 am 

One more big group shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

So, I'm guessing there will be no second wave of the Wal-mart Avengers movie figures? Nothing was shown, at least that i saw, at sdcc, was there? I was really hoping for a Nick Fury and Black Widow. I go moc, so the captain america nick fury isnt really what i want. It'd be cool if they did some sheild 2 packs, like Black Widow and Bruce Banner, Coulson and Pepper and Fury and Stark or any of them in singles, but I guess that isnt happening. Somebody tell me I'm wrong, please.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 am 
We're going streaking!

It looks like it is over with no Black Widow (for now). Too bad. I love how Walmart kept and released new figures with their, "How To Train Your Dragon," line. Different toy company though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 am 

I went back and personally updated my Black Widow. I added light orange highlights to the hair, change the eyebrows to match, added eyelash, change the eye color to blue, change the lip color to red, all of the brown belts were change over to black.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:21 am 
An Insider

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Somebody tell me I'm wrong, please.

Unfortunately, I'd say you're sounding pretty spot-on.

Getting a Black Widow and Fury repack was possible (and I guess still is...maybe in an exclusive 2-pack somewhere down the line, or as part of the Iron Man 3 Legends series), but a full , continuing lline was always a pipe dream. Hasbro hasn't shown much desire to put that kind of weight behind any of the 6" movie lines. Nor have stores seemed overly excited about stocking them, seeing as how every one of them ends up as Walmart exclusives.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:44 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I don't think you'll see Widow in an IM3 line, since she's not going to be in the movie.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 am 
An Insider

Shellhead wrote:
I don't think you'll see Widow in an IM3 line, since she's not going to be in the movie.

Depends on if the line sticks to characters from that movie or is more expansive. The BAF alone suggests the latter is at least possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 pm 

Marvel Select line would seem hypothetical for a Black Widow, I mean they did make Hulk and Hawkeye. So naturally I assume picking up Widow for the line would seem reasonable. They did stand alone movie for Captain America and Iron Man and Thor as well. So who's last in line???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:53 pm 

The before and after comparison

]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:58 am 
Tis' but a pup

I have to wonder, is that it? Did they fizzle out that quickly?? My Walmart maybe got 3 cases of the 6" Avengers and that's it. All we have now is 8 Iron Man figures hanging on the pegs. And I haven't noticed any new ones at any other Walmart stores. I really thought with the popularity of the movie, Hasbro was gonna pile these things on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next