Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 6" Avengers movie figures (ML style)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

If you like my version of Black Widow, I will have her posted up on eBay so she can go to a good home or in someone's awesome collection. She poses perfectly with the Hasbro line of the Avengers figure. Especially after the update I gave her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 pm 
shirtless hugger

With Avengers figures seemingly expanding to more Walmarts, I thought it'd be a good time to drop two more reviews at IAT: http://www.itsalltrue.net/

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm 
5" Scale

I've got to be honest. If I found that Hulk I'd be all over this line. Say what you will, but these figures look great!! Thanks for the review Noisy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well just in time for the 9.99 price hike-- my Wal Mart seemed to get a bunch of cases of the previous 3-3/4 wave last night--

THere were 6 full cases on the pegs last night-- with 6 Black Widows, available..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:34 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

stewbacca wrote:
Well just in time for the 9.99 price hike-- my Wal Mart seemed to get a bunch of cases of the previous 3-3/4 wave last night--

THere were 6 full cases on the pegs last night-- with 6 Black Widows, available..

I sure could use 2-3 more ScarJo. :wink: Although that price is a bit off-putting...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 am 
5" Scale

I agree. The prices are really starting to make me prioritize my money and where it is going these days. Not to mention the shelves look kind of bare in my area for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 pm 
5" Scale

OK, jumped feet first this evening when I found Hawkeye. Now I just need to find Hulk and I'll feel better about getting the rest. I'm still debating on if I should just get the MS Hulk, but some of the awesome pictures I'm seeing has me thinking I should get this one instead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The_Donster wrote:
OK, jumped feet first this evening when I found Hawkeye. Now I just need to find Hulk and I'll feel better about getting the rest. I'm still debating on if I should just get the MS Hulk, but some of the awesome pictures I'm seeing has me thinking I should get this one instead.

When I had my sets, I sold off all my Hulks in favor of the Marvel Select Hulk.. and while I love teh MS Avengers Hulk I sort of also regret not keeping a ML Avengers Hulk for myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The_Donster wrote:

Hey Don, a buddy of mine picked up an extra Avengers Legends Hulk for me. It's yours if you want it. At cost of course. :)

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 am 
5" Scale

Van Statten wrote:
The_Donster wrote:

When I had my sets, I sold off all my Hulks in favor of the Marvel Select Hulk.. and while I love teh MS Avengers Hulk I sort of also regret not keeping a ML Avengers Hulk for myself.

I've heard the same thing and I'm pretty much picking him up for the reason you posted. That way I can decide which one works best with the rest or if I'm going to get the rest of the MS Avengers? PM sent Alcinde4 :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:35 pm 

Had the day off work and went shopping....

A K-Mart store was closing and I went to browse to see what was left of the toys. I was able to pick up a 3-3/4 Iron Man VII and Stealth version for about $5 per figure. It was only 30% off of the sticker which was $8.99. There was a Thor from the Avengers line with no helmet with the six blue circle on him not sure which number he is but I wanted #9 Thor to complete a set and I need a #10 avengers cap too.

Still a decent score none the less.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:56 am 
shirtless hugger

Captain America Reviewed: http://www.itsalltrue.net/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm 

Update on my figures!

Went to Walmart saw that they had a Hawkeye still left on the peg, so I was like what the he'll and bought him to take photos with Black Widow. I resealed Black Widow in Avengers card box and removed the images with Hawkeye and replace them with Black Widow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 pm 
MINT!

DarthVeach wrote:
I have to wonder, is that it? Did they fizzle out that quickly?? My Walmart maybe got 3 cases of the 6" Avengers and that's it. All we have now is 8 Iron Man figures hanging on the pegs. And I haven't noticed any new ones at any other Walmart stores. I really thought with the popularity of the movie, Hasbro was gonna pile these things on.

so are these figures really that hard to find? anytime i check for dark knight rises movie masters at the walmarts around here i see tons of these...not into em but i can keep an eye out for any.

i usually stop in a walmart after work a couple times a week if i need something like fresh spinach or boo berry cereal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 pm 

gleek wrote:
DarthVeach wrote:
I have to wonder, is that it? Did they fizzle out that quickly?? My Walmart maybe got 3 cases of the 6" Avengers and that's it. All we have now is 8 Iron Man figures hanging on the pegs. And I haven't noticed any new ones at any other Walmart stores. I really thought with the popularity of the movie, Hasbro was gonna pile these things on.

so are these figures really that hard to find? anytime i check for dark knight rises movie masters at the walmarts around here i see tons of these...not into em but i can keep an eye out for any.

i usually stop in a walmart after work a couple times a week if i need something like fresh spinach or boo berry cereal.

They're not that hard to find per say... just Hawkeye and Hulk maybe Loki because these figures were short packed 1 figure per chase. My local Walmart have 3 pegs full of Iron Man, Captain America, a few of Thor and Loki still left.

With Dark Knight Rises - The pegs are full of Batman, Bane, Only 2 Jim Gordan. Prior to this there were 2 Alfred but their long gone. I still to this date have yet to see a Catwoman figure neither Goggles up or down. I ended up ordering them off of eBay. I paid close to retail price on goggles down and had to pay like $8 more on goggles up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next