Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: SDCC '12: Marvel Universe 3.75" thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2012 for the Marvel Universe 3.75" line! Please keep all Comic-Con related Marvel Universe news, images, and discussion in this thread.

This first post will be updated as news and photos are released during the show.

- - - - -

Quote:
Saturday, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific
Marvel & Hasbro

Adam Biehl (senior director, global Marvel line at Hasbro), Jesse Falcon (licensing director, Marvel), Dwight Stall (senior Marvel product design Manager, Hasbro) and Kristin Hamilton (senior manager, global Marvel line at Hasbro), discuss Hasbro's popular Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Marvel Bonka Zonks toy lines. Attendees will also get a sneak peek at upcoming, never-before-seen action figures. Adam, Jesse, Dwight and Kristin will also host some Q&A for your burning Marvel action figure questions!
Room 24ABC

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Marvel Universe 3.75" thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:48 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I sincerely hope there's actually lot's (positive) to talk about, and all the rampant rumors about the demise of the MU line are dispelled. :|

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm 
shirtless hugger

Amen to the above.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm hoping for several revisions in our various want lists because so much cool stuff is coming down the pike. :mrgreen:

But we'll probably just get another wave or two of previews, with reduced articulation a la Avengers and GI Joe. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
, with reduced articulation a la Avengers and GI Joe. :mrgreen:

Fixed it--as long as we get a price drop (or no price increase)- I prefer it..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 pm 
Mint on Card

I hope they give us an idea of when the next few waves will show up. I'm totally waiting on Nova.

And of course I can't wait to fill my classic Avengers and X-men ranks with Beast, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, and Hercules.

I was just reading some news from NYTF from the marvelousnews.com website the other day, and I hope they show the Longshot, Rogue, and I think it was Wolverine or Cyclops in the set with them and the Inhuman set.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm 
Infinite Hero

alcinde4 wrote:
I sincerely hope there's actually lot's (positive) to talk about, and all the rampant rumors about the demise of the MU line are dispelled. :|

What rampant rumors? Your post is the first I've heard of this...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm 
Infinite Hero

I'm hoping for some Marvel Now!-based MU figures announced. I dig some of the new character designs shown thus far, especially Thor.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I hoping we see at lest 3 new figures using the Hercules buck and 8-10 with the Cyclops buck and I would hope we could see Medusa out of package. If they go with less articulation, that's fine as long as it makes sense. Marvel Universe Avengers Black Widow needed a waist or sternum twist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Jeff Cope wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

What rampant rumors? Your post is the first I've heard of this...

It was buried in the other thread...

Dan Curto wrote:
Someone on Twitter told me to check out this thread....funny how times have changed.

It's not a rumor...dark days are coming.

Since it's pretty well known that I'm a HUGE fan of this line, I don't think it will come as a big shocker when I say that I'm very disappointed by this (yes, technically still unofficial) news. I've actually known some things for quite awhile now, but when someone tells you something in confidence, you well, keep it confidential.

There are still plenty of great figures planned in the MU line (you may recall a really big sneak peek that came out from SDCC)...but with all the changes over at Hasbro this year, who knows if these will ever actually come out? Most of the Hasbro team responsible for bringing the line out are no longer even around.
Dave Vonner? gone (but now started up Kasual Friday).
Scott George? gone (but now started up Kasual Friday).
Jerry Jivoin? now over on Transformers.

Other factors that are playing into this are situation with the Chinese factories, the higher expense of pretty much EVERYTHING involved with creating action figures. And of course the elephant in the room...the terrible distribution Hasbro has had in 2012 (and in 2011 (and in 2010 (and in 2009 (and in 2008))))

The pattern of the past few years is pretty obvious: the spring focuses solely on whatever spring big-screen movie line is coming (hoping to attract the kids), then the fall sees the return of the collector-focused lines (Star Wars, Marvel Universe). This then carries over through the holidays.

Furthering complicating matters, nearly every single movie line pegwarms and ends up on clearance. Yes, the case assortments are bizarre, and the character selection is very heavy on "A" list characters, but I give Vonner major credit for going as deep as they were able to go. The line evolved over time and saw many improvements since the beginning. Having a Fans' Choice early in the line was a great way to get fans involved with the character selection ever since (you HAVE noticed that there's been a lot of these characters made from that poll? I wish that Vance Astro would finally get made, but it seems unlikely now)

This sounds pretty bleak, but I don't really mean it to be. There are some great new figures planned, that new Hulk? awesome. I got a huge smile when I first heard about Beta Ray Bill and Beast, plus there were some other surprises coming that well, who knows if they'll even get made?

There are a LOT of kit-bashes and repaints coming, and although that's been an aspect of the line since the beginning, they could do a lot more for years to come with the parts they now have in their library.

Another thing...this is not limited to just Marvel Universe, either. But that's something that should probably stay confidential...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:10 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Here you go.

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/07/sdcc-2012- ... phone-pics

Last edited by billydj on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

So what are the guesses on the comic packs..

So there are 2 of the old X-Men vs. Avengers comic (I think issue 4 and 2) .-So Crappy costume era X-Man and Avenger
One of the 1st apperance of Rhino (so my guess there is Spidey/RHino (maybe the classic look)
A Fantastic Four-- (dont read- cant tell the issue)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:33 am 
3 3/4"

stewbacca wrote:
So what are the guesses on the comic packs..

So there are 2 of the old X-Men vs. Avengers comic (I think issue 4 and 2) .-So Crappy costume era X-Man and Avenger

I really want a Psylocke from this era and I'd love to get a Magneto / Dr. Druid. Or maybe this is how we are getting Rogue / She Hulk, Black Knight (probably with Wolverine) or Dazzler / Captain Marvel (monica).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

From CTR-- guess I forgot about them..

We've uncovered two new Marvel Universe comic packs, both of which are inspired by the original Marc Silvestri drawn The X-Men Vs. The Avenger limited series. The first pack will include a kit-bashed Magneto made up from the body of the AIM Soldier, Doctor Doom's cape, and the Adam Warlock head and a repacked Captain America. The second set will feature a redeco of the upcoming She-Hulk (in her purple Avengers costume) and a kit-bashed Wolverine which is essentially the X-Men Origins Brown Costumed Wolvie with the Wolverine Vs. Silver Samurai head and hands. THese sets will be limited to 40, 000 pieces and when they hit the shelves next month, they will go for $16.99.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 am 
3 3/4"

stewbacca wrote:
From CTR-- guess I forgot about them..

We've uncovered two new Marvel Universe comic packs, both of which are inspired by the original Marc Silvestri drawn The X-Men Vs. The Avenger limited series. The first pack will include a kit-bashed Magneto made up from the body of the AIM Soldier, Doctor Doom's cape, and the Adam Warlock head and a repacked Captain America. The second set will feature a redeco of the upcoming She-Hulk (in her purple Avengers costume) and a kit-bashed Wolverine which is essentially the X-Men Origins Brown Costumed Wolvie with the Wolverine Vs. Silver Samurai head and hands. THese sets will be limited to 40, 000 pieces and when they hit the shelves next month, they will go for $16.99.

limited to 40,000? how many are there usually?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next