Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Marvel Universe 3.75" thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Well, I couldn't wait and the prices are not so high on ebay for this set from the majority of sellers except for a few idiots. I have bids on 2 and a best offer on another. I guess we will see what happens. I'm limited for I have to go for items listed by sellers who ship worldwide with priority or 1st class shipping. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I don't envy any of you guys that have to have a figure. I only use eBay for bargains.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

alcinde4 wrote:
I don't envy any of you guys that have to have a figure. I only use eBay for bargains.

I do believe I have seen customs in your collection pics so I'm assuming you didn't like or "couldn't wait" until that said toy company produced that figure so I guess you had to "have" that figure for your collection. I use ebay due to my location and nothing available in the Toysrus here in Germany and price.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:18 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

billydj wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:

I do believe I have seen customs in your collection pics so I'm assuming you didn't like or "couldn't wait" until that said toy company produced that figure so I guess you had to "have" that figure for your collection. I use ebay due to my location and nothing available in the Toysrus here in Germany and price.

Oh I completely understand, having been stationed in Germany for 3 years. Outside of the PX or TRU, as you said there's nothing. And that comment I made wasn't directed at you specifically. It was more a general indictment of everyone that gets caught up in the eBay feeding frenzy after conventions.

As to my customs, I've never paid a dime for any of the customs I have. Not a dime. I've provided fodder, but it was stuff I already had. So even then, I didn't have to spend anything. I've just been fortunate enough to foster a lot of great friendships within the collecting community. Add to that, I'm extremely thrifty with my collecting, because I have a large family.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:54 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

On the bright side, I got my X-Factor set today. Decent (not perfect) paint-apps. I'm pretty happy: I don't have to quest for Angel, and I feel finally vindicated in waiting on Sinister, about whom I don't really care but wanted to have for completeness' sake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm 
Cold-cast

I have the red hulk 3 pack if anyone wants it at cost. PM me.

My 6 pack should be here this week hope it has decent paint but i expect it to not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I do believe I have seen customs in your collection pics so I'm assuming you didn't like or "couldn't wait" until that said toy company produced that figure so I guess you had to "have" that figure for your collection. I use ebay due to my location and nothing available in the Toysrus here in Germany and price.[/quote]

Oh I completely understand, having been stationed in Germany for 3 years. Outside of the PX or TRU, as you said there's nothing. And that comment I made wasn't directed at you specifically. It was more a general indictment of everyone that gets caught up in the eBay feeding frenzy after conventions.

As to my customs, I've never paid a dime for any of the customs I have. Not a dime. I've provided fodder, but it was stuff I already had. So even then, I didn't have to spend anything. I've just been fortunate enough to foster a lot of great friendships within the collecting community. Add to that, I'm extremely thrifty with my collecting, because I have a large family.[/quote]

Well said, and good luck and fortune is your friend. I do envy that. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
On the bright side, I got my X-Factor set today. Decent (not perfect) paint-apps. I'm pretty happy: I don't have to quest for Angel, and I feel finally vindicated in waiting on Sinister, about whom I don't really care but wanted to have for completeness' sake.

Yeah, got mine yesterday and wow, Angel's head is big! I'm talking Wonderman size head big. The wings are nice though. This set is selling for 79.99 on ebay. Amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm really surprised that set is going for that amount with the 4 repaints or redos and a character that is coming out on a single in a few waves.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:19 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

ian5555 wrote:
I'm really surprised that set is going for that amount with the 4 repaints or redos and a character that is coming out on a single in a few waves.

I am even more surprised since TRU said they would be stocking this in their stores by September-- and really when hasnt someone been able to find a TRU Hasbro exclusive..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

DCIH Gotham set was very hard to find, as I recall.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 pm 
Mint on Card

Lt. Clutch wrote:
Jack of Hearts made it as an Eaglemoss figurine so his MU equivalent shouldn't be far behind.

I'm all for Speedball. Heck, Steve Ditko worked on the guy. He's had more exposure than Jack and Jack is by far my favorite Marvel character.

Same goes for Power Pack. They had their own book and have kept evolving throughout the years.

As for Alpha Flight, naysayers take note 'cause this is one team that shall never die. 8)

Clutch maybe a Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang Ant-Man and Vision 3-pack that way they can reissue Vision and we get two more Avengers.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:27 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Nitewing73 wrote:
Lt. Clutch wrote:
Jack of Hearts made it as an Eaglemoss figurine so his MU equivalent shouldn't be far behind.

I'm all for Speedball. Heck, Steve Ditko worked on the guy. He's had more exposure than Jack and Jack is by far my favorite Marvel character.

Same goes for Power Pack. They had their own book and have kept evolving throughout the years.

As for Alpha Flight, naysayers take note 'cause this is one team that shall never die. 8)

Clutch maybe a Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang Ant-Man and Vision 3-pack that way they can reissue Vision and we get two more Avengers.

Great idea, Nitewing. That would be a sweet way to honor the characters from "Disassembled."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Wife said the helicarrier box just showed up at the house--

actually she said Fed ex just dropped off a box as big as the porch :mrgreen: They called this morning to make absolute sure someone was going to be there to sign for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

stewbacca wrote:
Wife said the helicarrier box just showed up at the house--

actually she said Fed ex just dropped off a box as big as the porch :mrgreen: They called this morning to make absolute sure someone was going to be there to sign for it.

I imagine that's how some of us (and their parents) felt if they ordered the U.S.S. Flagg off a retail catalog. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next