Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Marvel Universe 3.75" thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:34 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Masked Avenger wrote:
Check the regular Marvel Universe thread for a pic of that pic up close, I've already seen it in a store.

I saw your pics and once you take it out of the package, you can tell. If you have some other pic you are referring to then link me but I think that pic I linked is pretty clear and big.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:08 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

So all we get shown is one Team pack. I stayed up until 2 a.m. to see one team pack. They had a whole year to show a little more but only one team pack. It would seem the focus is clearly now Marvel Legends. I guess the same team for Marvel Legends is now subbing for Marvel Universe. I hope somone can tell me different. I was surprised there was no slide of Mysterio and Elektra. What happened to Antman, Black Knight, Eric Masterson Thor and wait for it Deathshead. I am very upset right now! I have to go to bed! :x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:52 pm 
3 3/4"

Agreed, that was much to do about nothing.

It appears some of those dire predictions are coming to be.

many kit bashes and repaints, Yes the entire comic packs.

Well if that is how it's gonna be, fine, I got my version of X-Men and Avengers, Many of the Defenders (wanted Hellcat, Valkrie, and a few others though), I can grab X-Factor minus beast. I suppose I should be kind of happy I got that much.

But I am peeved, This has been accross the board on Hasbro, 2012 offically sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:56 pm 
An Insider

That was...weird.

I'd understand if they just didn't have much new stuff to show, but...they HAD lots of new stuff on display! 4 comic packs, the Inhumans set, Rhino, Mysterio, Elektra. (I'll hold off mentioning anything from the diorama, since they might just be customs) Why no slides of those? That is baffling.

On the plus side, yay, Emma Frost! And if we can finally get a Cyclops in his current costume on a decent mold, that's awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Talk about anti-climatic. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:56 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Okay this is from the Toyark site:

PeteParker and I talked to Dwight a lot about MU. Apparently they messed up royally by bringing old prototypes of three or more figures (and an entire team he said). So they had to pull their pictures out of the presentation cause they didnt have the toys to put in the cAse.

You heard it here first folks. Further conversation led me to believe the MU team MAY be Alpha Flight (but that is just speculation).

They literally said "
Quote:
we will be a lot more prepared and have a lot of new things to show at NYCC
" to PeteParker and I at the booth. They also revealed to the two of us who the packaging artists are going to be. Pete took notes so I think he has that info.

Almost certain Ed Mcguinness is one of them.

Also Fin Fang Foom isn't cancelled. He was going to be the con exclusive but they changed it really late to make something specifically Avengers themed. They saw this as the summer of Avengers and wanted to ride that wave.

They are looking for a home for Foom and they will likely have some more info in New York.

I asked Jesse Falcon point blank about 2013. He said there would be new waves the entire year.

A question I have, and I'm not sure if Pete Parker & Trainwreck got this answered or not, is are we going to see a good number of MU figuers hit stores before Christmas time. I know a lot of the figures in the case have dates but that doesn't mean they're all accurate.

That wasn't clear to me Snailbot. All they said is "MU is coming right now. We are shipping it now. Thank you for being patient. You are going to love it."

This is from Marvelousnews:

One of the admins of the Make Mine Marvel Facebook page is at SDCC and got this from a Hasbro rep:

"We are going to have Marvel Universe past 2014 (at least)."

Ok guys stop panicking this is what the panel said they are please y surprised that the marvel universe line is selling better than they expected they said that they thought that only collectors like us care about the line but lo and behold little kids like them too hence the line is not going nowhere. The reason why they didn't showed more was because vonner loved us so much he showed way too much stuff last year. The marvel giant size packs from Walmart are not being made for the time being. Everything that you guys are bitching about is going to be realeased at a later time it is not going to be dropped or kill. This info I got it from the people in charged of the panel. I also asked if they were going to redo those awful stumpy body's from the first series and they could not confirm any specific time frame but they are planning to. They asked me who was the one that I wanted the most redone and I answer the vision and lastly they did confirm that they listen to the boards and what we post. So don't panic the line will only die if people stop buying it simple as that. From what I see on these boards that is the least of our problems

Okay, this is what I think as well as many others. You can quote me on this.

i'm gonna try and go on a logical thought process here: Wolverine 2, IronMan 3 and Thor 2 are scheduled to release in 2013(i think), and according to rumor, that means the possibility of three seperate movie figure lines next year.

the She-Hulk wave, Beta Ray Bill wave, Nova wave, Inhumans and others were all developmental pictures at last years SDCC and they are still not in retail yet. The excuse we gather from Hasbro is to give time for the two movie figure lines this year,(Avengers & Amazing Spidey) their just due time on the shelf. So this is why we have had an MU drought since December of last year.

So, logically this means to me that they will try to catch up by pushing out the Beta Ray Bill wave, She-Hulk wave, Nova wave, some retooled comic packs and box sets of things we have already seen. all the while, using this as an opportunity to slow down MU production altogether.

then once the movie figure lines start in 2013, we will be in another drought. probably an even longer one with possibly three movie wave to contend with. meaning possibly even less MU figure in 2013. They'll just back fill us with MU that we have already seen. So I expect Emma Frost and Colossus in the summer of next year. Perhap that's why Prof X wave is pushed to 2013 with only three figures. maybe the next wave will only be Elektra, Mysterio and Rhino. These wave used to six figures, now they are five and looks like it's dwindleing down to three possibly.

then come 2014, Cap 2, GotG and (maybe Avengers2?) will once again throw a monkey wrench into MU figure development again.

leading me to assume this is the best way for them to begin downsizing and slowly shutting down MU altogether. with the sad excuse of "hey we will be givning u 3.75 in figures in all these movie lines, so you should be satisfied along with all the kiddies!"

the success of this line has to come from us (collectors). It's obvious they are going for the kiddie dollars with the movie lines.

I'll have positive hope if stuff starts showing up in "US" stores in force and I see Elektra, Rhino, Mysterio, Prof X, Jubilee and Blastaar hit retail before X-mas.

Other than that, I don't have very much positive vibe for MU from this SDCC.

Okay guys, I guess we will see at NYCC if this is true or there are more excuses.

I know next year I was being given a chance by my boss to go to SDCC but don't know now due to my daughters college tuition going up. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 am 

I'm not going to get into conspiracy rumors like the JLU fanatics. They've shown us some pretty cool figures coming up (granted, we've known about them for almost a year) and I'll be happy to get those figures.

Hopefully the IM3 figures will be as cool as the IM2 figures and I'll be able to score some more comic based figures from that line. Same with Thor (although, I think it's 2014).

Let's see what (if anything ) NYCC has to show us in a few months. If nothing materializes from that con . . . then I think we're in trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 am 
Displays Backwards

How many waves of MU have come out this year? 1? Or did they start showing up in December of last year, meaning so far this year it's zero?

We didn't really need any protos of new figures if we still have 3 waves of figures we're waiting on. I guess it's not dead, it's just really slow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 am 

They didn't hit until January out here, so I'd say one.

Hopefully, it will be a fruitful fall.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:44 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

The only thing I got from all of that (thanks by the way Billy), is that we may or may not be getting more Alpha Flight. That's all I really care about. The rest of it, I'll believe when I see it.

If Hasbro at least makes a concerted effort to put some good comic series figures in all the movie lines, then collectors should be happy until MU makes it to shelves. I'm just not looking forward to yet another drought next year...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

BCYa wrote:
How many waves of MU have come out this year? 1? Or did they start showing up in December of last year, meaning so far this year it's zero?

I had wave 17 in hand, from retail on December 15th of last year. I still have the Target receipt to prove it.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:10 pm 
Cold-cast

Yeah I don't blame them for not showing a whole lot. There's a decent backlog as it is. NYCC is when i expect to see new stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Any new stuff in the display today? Black Knight? New Thor? Nuthin'?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:29 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

I'm going to go by their word and wait until NYCC. I honestly didn't expect MU to last past 2014. It would be great if it did. I really just need a few more figures to be released in other colors and I'm gold. I will still support the line, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Already 27 singles planned to release this year possibly more if you count ones shown at the Con, 10 2 packs, 3 team packs and multiple other stuff. I'm fine with what is going on with MU this year and really don't care there wasn't a whole lot of new stuff to show as they have plenty to get out to us already.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next